LB Oviedo

RW Gooch
CM Leadbitter
CM Power
LW McGeady

AM Embleton

CF Grigg

If Oviedo goes then Hume comes in.

I'd also like to show a bit faith in youth and give Embleton a chance to play in his natural position, hopefully he does sign the contract. He is creative and can play through balls to Grigg.

I've picked the new RB only as it's his natural position.
Taken to the cleaners, more faith in youth? Taken to the cleaners even more. I have seen this countless times over the years, with one exception, that ultimately failed, it jusr doesn’t work. It takes years, no three or more year plan ever runs its course.

As much as people are worried about transfers that side should easy finish top six
Err, don ‘t we need like top two? Got to be alongside the worst set of players in our history.

Last edited:
This would by my current XI

GK John Mc

RB Connor Mc
CB Ozturk
CB Flannaghan
LB Oviedo

RW Gooch
CM Leadbitter
CM Power
LW McGeady

AM Embleton

CF Grigg

If Oviedo goes then Hume comes in.

I'd also like to show a bit faith in youth and give Embleton a chance to play in his natural position, hopefully he does sign the contract. He is creative and can play through balls to Grigg.

I've picked the new RB only as it's his natural position.

Gooch... god we are going to struggle this season...

I assume you reckon Watmore us a crock

Taken to the cleaners, more faith in youth? Taken to the cleaners even more. I have seen this countless times over the years, with one exception, that ultimately failed, it jusr doesn’t work. It takes years, no three or more year plan ever runs its course.

Err, don ‘t we need like top two? Got to be alongside the worst set of players in our history.
Exactly selections including ozturk ,McGeough,robson,embleton,wyke,isnt going to get top two

I was thinking about O'Nien in the no 10, he would give you legs and energy. However its Embletons natural position, he has it in his locker to play through balls. He can also score goals. I want to give our young lads a chance.

Yes. See the above post
I absolutely agree, I commented on another thread that I'd have Embleton in if he signs. I do think o'nein has earned a shot though and he did do a similar job to Embleton in that role in the 2nd div the season before he joined us if I remember correctly.

I'd be happy to go in to the season with them 2 fighting it out for that role though. At least give them until January. If they don't make it then take another look then.

However, I do think they represent two of the most exciting young prospects in that position at this level. Realistically who would we sign at their age with their ability that have successfully played a decent number of senior games. I'm tired of us playing young unproven loan signing from other 'big' clubs who just see us as a bit of experience then do bugger all.

I'd also like to see young kimpioka as our 3rd striking option. We have 2 top for this level 'proven' strikers so why not play the lad in the u23's but get some minutes as a sub/back up to Grigg and Wyke.

Big Jon

Ozturk. Flannigan. Baldwin

McLaughlin. Hume/Oviedo

McGeouch.Leadbitter/Power/O'Nien

McGeady.

Grigg. Wyke

3 at the back with wing backs pushing on. Two central/holding CM's with McGeady in the No.10 role to support Grigg and Wyke.

Just a bit of a change to the norm.

You've got a typo marra.... Who did you mean instead of Honeyman?
I'd be orgasmic if JR did this except play is favourite honeyman
I did say ideally I’d get rid of him!
But he’ll be a better player in this kind of set up. He’s all about running about and he can play short simple passes, and is quite good at turning in tight spaces.
With this the tactic the whole team presses rather than just him so it won’t be as easy to pass it around him.
He’s much more involved than say Power, and Leadbitter doesn’t have the legs.
There isn’t a great deal of creativity in the team but there doesn’t need to be. The aim is to win the ball high up the field putting pressure on their defence to give you the ball then pouncing on those errors or successfully tackles.
We should then be able to get 4 other players into the box as they don’t have the whole pitch to cover.
Mcgeady won’t be as influential in this style as he’ll be easier to crowd out of a game but if he’s occupying the eye of the centre half as well as the full back then that makes it easier for grigg to find space.
Watmore and Mcgeady don’t need to defend as much which means opposition full back won’t be attacking at will.
Energy wise it’s hard to do and maybe the shear number of games means that it’s a non starter, but we have a huge squad and we should be starting to use it. There isn’t a whole lot changes to the game plan if you switch Maguire for Mcgeady, or Gooch for Watmore. In the middle Leadbitter holding and Mcgeouch closing down with power would also be just about manageable.
The biggest deficiency is the centre halves. They need to have pace so that they don’t keep dropping back they need to be brave.
Ozturk and Loovens wouldn’t be able to play this against any team with any pace.

Last edited:
You can pick any 11 that you want its how they are told to play that matters.
If we persist with trying to stretch the game with these players we won't do too well.

For what its worth I'd go

Mclaughlin
Mclauglin Flanagan Baldwin Oviedo
Honeyman Mcgeouch O'Nein
Watmore Grigg Mcgeady​

Play a high line, high pressing game, Mcgeouch sitting, Honeyman and O'Nein swarming the opposition.
Grigg on the shoulder, Mcgeady and Watmore going for goal rather than crossing, Full backs pushing up to cross.

I'd expect long balls all game which with Mcgeouch sitting Baldwin and Flanagan should be able to cover as he'll drop back and cover meaning they don't have to cover the entire back line themselves like this season.
Ideally I'd like to replace both of them and probably Honeyman but that team set up that way would get more points than last season.

Stopped reading at Watmore :lol::lol::lol:

McLaughlin
O’Nien
Ozturk
Flanaghan
Oviedo
Leadbitter
Honeyman
McGuire
Mcgeady
Grigg
Wyke
Wyke :D

McLaughlin
McLaughlin Ozturk Flanagan
O'Nien Leadbitter McGeouch Hume
McGeady
Wyke Grigg​

Big Jon

Ozturk. Flannigan. Baldwin

McLaughlin. Hume/Oviedo

McGeouch.Leadbitter/Power/O'Nien

McGeady.

Grigg. Wyke

3 at the back with wing backs pushing on. Two central/holding CM's with McGeady in the No.10 role to support Grigg and Wyke.

Just a bit of a change to the norm.

Only three morons prepared to pick the absolutely useless fuck then.

Pleasing to see the majority can see him for what he is (absolutely wank).

f***ing Wyke man, honestly, what a pile of shit we signed there, Bradford must have been f***ing creased when that fee hit their bank account.

Last edited:
Jon Mc

McLaughlin Baldwin Flan Hume

McGeouch Power

McGeady Honeyman Maguire

Grigg
Hopefully I never see this 11 turn out for us, Baldwin and Flanagan and you'd pick Honeyman ahead of O'Nien, wow ! That must be the slowest midfield ever assembled by any side in the history of football. FTM

Last edited:
Hopefully I never see this 11 turn out for us, Baldwin and Flanagan and you'd pick Honeyman ahead of O'Nien, wow ! FTM

Most consistent partnership was Baldwin and Flanagan.

I’ve seen nothing from ONien in midfield to convince me he’s what we need. He’s a grafter but still not as good as Honeyman, and that’s saying something.

McLaughlin
McLaughlin-Baldwin-Ozturk-Oviedo
Power-Leadbitter
Watmore-Maguire-McGeady
Grigg​

I don’t see it with Ozturk mind. He looks a shocker to me.

Agree but they're all shocking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Only three morons prepared to pick the absolutely useless fuck then.

Pleasing to see the majority can see him for what he is (absolutely wank).

f***ing Wyke man, honestly, what a pile of shit we signed there, Bradford must have been f***ing creased when that fee hit their bank account.

Less of the name calling, no need to be an absolute bellend because a few people have a different opinion to you.

Back