Xercise4Less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Bear

Striker
Looks much better than PureGym.

It would add a 15 minutes on my round-trip journey time so I'm not sure whether to make the jump or maybe hope that others leave PureGym and go there

It would add a 15 minutes on my round-trip journey time so I'm not sure whether to make the jump or maybe hope that others leave PureGym and go there

They've just opened one in Benton as well, the old Bowling Alley building, was there on Friday (opening day) , absolutely huge place, loads of kit, including a full on boxing ring, MMA cage... running it alongside my membership at thegym for a month just to see what the clientele are like in the first month before deciding whether to dump one over the other, was there this morning and plenty of time on each machine, so far so good

Did you join xercise4less? Does it get busy?
Going it have a look at it tomorrow if I get the chance.
Thinking about binning the dw membership

Had a look around the Xercise4Less at the end of Alexandra Bridge yesterday. Massive place and not many folk in there. Loads of cardio gear...rowing machines,bikes n treadmills n that. Decent amount of free weights (seems to be more than in DW). Not a bad setup at all.
I've given in my notice at DW today and I'm gonna give ex4less a try for a few months.
Only thing is, haven given them my phone no. to arrange a look around I'm being hounded with calls and texts offering to 'arrange a great deal while they're still available'. Pain in the arse.

In what respect - increased number of members and waiting for equipment?
I'm pissed off with standing around at dw when the eqpt is free but there are no clips for attaching the bars or some clown has nicked the weight pin. Half the eqpt is unavailable at any one time.
I mentioned this to the lass in my "why are you leaving " chat and she just shrugged and said that's just the way it is. They have to get someone from down south to maintain the gear. X4less reckon that they have someone on 24hr notice.

Bit disappointed they bumped the price up, £19.99 a month and £20 joining. Was previously advertised as £12.99 + £10 joining, presumed that was to match pure gym but you had to join before it opened apparently, even though the website never said that or when it would actually open.

Bit disappointed they bumped the price up, £19.99 a month and £20 joining. Was previously advertised as £12.99 + £10 joining, presumed that was to match pure gym but you had to join before it opened apparently, even though the website never said that or when it would actually open.

There's codes online for discounts.

I signed up recently, £9.99 for full membership (peak and off peak) and no joining fee.

It's canny, gets busy after work times but there is loads of equipment. The one thing I have seen loads of people complain about is there is no air con. They keep saying it's getting fixed but as far as I know it hasn't yet.

Offer on at the minute still £9.99 amonth all in- says it runs out on tuesday if you believe it.
Ive left dw to join here and in all honesty its 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.
Dw has better machines but less of them and less free weights but has the bonus of a pool and steam room.
I can see it being busy around tea time as the free weights area is quite compact.
For change out of a tenner a month though you cant go wrong.

Ive been at xercise4less since it opened. Been various times and not had to wait for anything yet.
Does get busy but doesnt seem as full as puregym used to.

Bad points.
The air con is terrible (its old office aircon) so is nowhere near strong enough. Like working out in a sauna at busy times.

Few machines have been out of order for 3-4 weeks. Nobody seems to be even looking at them.

The layout could have been a bit better. Weights section can feel small when busy with not much space for deadlifts etc and the benches are quite close

The annoying txts offering deals even though your a member.

Other than that its one of the better gyms ive used for range of heavy equipment..

Oh and theyre planning on getting a beauty therapist and tattooist in....random i know haha

I train 3 times a week at Golden Leisure but that is for my weight training of which ive done for years, in what i call a "Proper" gym.

Anyway me Mrs (nor) decided to join xercise4less to get fit but wanted me to go for a bit motivation so i thought for 9.99 a month why not. Cant fault the place to be honest, always plenty treadmills to get on infact i dont have to wait to get on out. Loose weight bit always looks busy like but like i say i do that elsewhere.

Cerainly worth a look if ya thinking of changing gyms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back