Xbox series s

Pepe

Striker
Microsoft are knocking these out at £209 at the moment. Have a PS4 and want to move on to the next one but given I am occasional this Xbox seems to tick all the boxes given the PS5 is prohibitively priced.

The Game Pass thing seems ideal.

What’s the catch?

Microsoft are knocking these out at £209 at the moment. Have a PS4 and want to move on to the next one but given I am occasional this Xbox seems to tick all the boxes given the PS5 is prohibitively priced.

What’s the catch?
None as far as I can see. I mainly play on PS5 but bought a Xbox S last year with three years of game pass. Unless you're completely obsessed with framerate I dont think you'd notice any difference. Been great for me and has pretty much paid for itself in games that I got for "free" with gamepass that I would've bought on PS5.

None as far as I can see. I mainly play on PS5 but bought a Xbox S last year with three years of game pass. Unless you're completely obsessed with framerate I dont think you'd notice any difference. Been great for me and has pretty much paid for itself in games that I got for "free" with gamepass that I would've bought on PS5.
Cheers. Seems like a bargain then. Plus we can put Sky Go through it and it has a web browser so I can put the lads on when they play.

Yep, Frame-rate won’t matter to me.

What’s the catch?
Box are doing them for £199, we've had one since launch and to be honest the only drawback is the storage is only 512gb which fills up pretty quickly, especially if you have gamepass and you download a load of games, just means regular deleting, wouldn't be too much hassle but the storage add ons are almost as much as the console.

Box are doing them for £199, we've had one since launch and to be honest the only drawback is the storage is only 512gb which fills up pretty quickly, especially if you have gamepass and you download a load of games, just means regular deleting, wouldn't be too much hassle but the storage add ons are almost as much as the console.
Nice one, will have a scan. Presumably If you delete a game and then re-download, it remembers where you were?

Nice one, will have a scan. Presumably If you delete a game and then re-download, it remembers where you were?
Not sure, I suppose that's another thing to consider the time it takes to download games, call of duty was something ridiculous like 150GB.

I've got the series S as it was pointless getting the pricey one when I have the PS5

The console itself is fine. Its small, very quiet and runs the games very fast.

If its a choice between a ps5 and that though id be going ps5. Simply for the fact the playstation exclusives are miles ahead of xbox

I've got the series S as it was pointless getting the pricey one when I have the PS5

The console itself is fine. Its small, very quiet and runs the games very fast.

If its a choice between a ps5 and that though id be going ps5. Simply for the fact the playstation exclusives are miles ahead of xbox
Am just not going to have the time, hour here and hour there. Long gone are the days of a full day not caring less.

Am just not going to have the time, hour here and hour there. Long gone are the days of a full day not caring less.

Nothing wrong with the series S then. Probably the best value for money console ever released. All down to if there's enough on game pass for you

Series S and the game pass are ideal if you dont take gaming seriously mate - I picked the boy one up and he loves it, even I have rediscovered playing games through it

Additionally, you can always pick up the gamepass for buttons - think I picked a load up for 3quid a month not long back

Surely you can just buy a portable HD and plug it into the USB to increase your storage? A 2Tb HD is around 40 sheets these days

Surely you can just buy a portable HD and plug it into the USB to increase your storage? A 2Tb HD is around 40 sheets these days
Nope, you can store them but you can only play games off the internal ssd or the expansion. Same with the ps5. Thinking about it it's obvious due to the speed difference.

The 512gb expansion for the x/s is £99

You cant play the games direct from an 'unofficial' HD - you'd still have to shift them between the HD and the console. We've GB internet so even the biggest game the boy wanted to play took next to no time to download so the remove and reinstall isnt really that big an issue

You cant play the games direct from an 'unofficial' HD - you'd still have to shift them between the HD and the console. We've GB internet so even the biggest game the boy wanted to play took next to no time to download so the remove and reinstall isnt really that big an issue
To be fair a lot of kids just play the same few games anyway, my lad only really played fortnite, Minecraft and lego games. They don't take much space. It's when you get cod that's 175gb for the latest one you have problems. He's got a gaming lappy now so it was a doddle to just stick a SSD in

To be fair a lot of kids just play the same few games anyway, my lad only really played fortnite, Minecraft and lego games. They don't take much space. It's when you get cod that's 175gb for the latest one you have problems. He's got a gaming lappy now so it was a doddle to just stick a SSD in
Thats true mind - my littleuns only 8 so bar Fifa and a couple of others he hasnt loaded much on

I bought the bairn one of these last year for Xmas with one of the ssd cards, the ssd has so far been a waste of money as he plays nowt but roblox and fortnite. Great little console though

Was thinking about getting one of these and using it as an retro games emulator (as well as for its primary function of playing slightly more up to date games). Seen you can go up to PS2 which would do just nicely.

Back