XBOX Query

Crook Mackem

Striker
I`ve always had playstations so I`m at a loss with these things but a potentially money saving hack has been mentioned to me.

I`ve got my son the xbox series s for christmas. I got it out of the box a few weeks ago and set it up to a point where he has a user name / microsoft account.

The next stage is to add the online part. Initially I was just gonna sign up on a month by month basis to game pass ultimate and then knock it off in a couple of months when he realises himself that all he plays is fortnite.

However, I believe I can buy the xbox live gold for £35 from cd keys for a year and then add the ultimate thing for a quid and it will stay on all year. I could potentially do this for 3 years I believe but I`m too stingy to load up that much at once.

Is my thinking correct, and how easy is it to do without messing it up ?

Got the link for that offer mate?

I thought the £1 for a game pass was only for the first month, then like a tenner a month after that?

In terms of setting it up, it's a piece of piss.

Got the link for that offer mate?

I thought the £1 for a game pass was only for the first month, then like a tenner a month after that?

In terms of setting it up, it's a piece of piss.
The £1 thing converts however long you have a sub for Gold into Gamepass Ultimate, up to a maximum of 3 years. Once that then runs out, the monthly price is £10.99
I`ve always had playstations so I`m at a loss with these things but a potentially money saving hack has been mentioned to me.

I`ve got my son the xbox series s for christmas. I got it out of the box a few weeks ago and set it up to a point where he has a user name / microsoft account.

The next stage is to add the online part. Initially I was just gonna sign up on a month by month basis to game pass ultimate and then knock it off in a couple of months when he realises himself that all he plays is fortnite.

However, I believe I can buy the xbox live gold for £35 from cd keys for a year and then add the ultimate thing for a quid and it will stay on all year. I could potentially do this for 3 years I believe but I`m too stingy to load up that much at once.

Is my thinking correct, and how easy is it to do without messing it up ?
You're right, also just in case you didn't know, you can only do that once as far as I'm aware.

I would make sure you turn auto renewal off as well, unless it will automatically start charging £10.99 a month once the initial time is up. You might find some decent prepaid deals on Ultimate that make it cheaper if you did want to keep it on
Oh right! News to me, nice one marra.
Aye, when they started doing it I had already bought cheap 12 month Gold and Game pass codes so did the conversion and I've got Ultimate until July 2022 or something now :lol:

Last edited:
Get a free gild trial, turn off recurring billing then get a free month. Then buy and apply however much gold you want. Then get a ultimate trial and it'll convert all your gold to ultimate.

Did this the other day. Thirty odd quid for a years live gold. Did the quid thing and ultimate doesn't run out til March 2022.

I have to say though the Microsoft set up seems a proper faff compared to the sony stuff I'm used to. Will probly get used to it though

I believe it does yep, max out your Xbox Live (3 years I think) and then add game pass trial for a quid, and game pass ultimate is yours for 3yrs!
Cheers, always been a playstation person but like the look of forza. Its a possibility though it could end up sitting there and never getting used after I play forza!

Gamepass is absolutely ridiculous value for what you get even at it’s full price , but the stacking up the gold and quid to convert makes it an absolute no brainer if you have the console or a gaming pc

Back