Xbox one x disk drive advice

bronzebomber

Full Back
ive got a one x and just noticed today that a disc was stuck in the drive and the eject button wouldn’t do anything .

I got the disc out using a paper clip in the little hole as recommended on the Microsoft website but now it won’t take any disc in and it doesn’t beep anymore when pressing the eject button like it usually would if there’s no disc in.

Is it completely knackered and I’ll need to get the drive replaced or does anyone if there’s anything I can do to get it fixed .

Had it since launch day so out of warranty I think

Geekys in town or... . Cyber zone I think. Its called on Southwick Road may be your best bet locally.

Think there is one in Chester Road too.

You can buy the drives for less than £40 (may be able to source one for less than £30 on ebay) may be worth looking at a few YouTube vids and seeing if it's something you could do yourself.

Geekys in town or... . Cyber zone I think. Its called on Southwick Road may be your best bet locally.

Think there is one in Chester Road too.

You can buy the drives for less than £40 (may be able to source one for less than £30 on ebay) may be worth looking at a few YouTube vids and seeing if it's something you could do yourself.
Might have a look at this cheers

Bitch and moan to microsoft support till they fix it.
that appears to have worked . Apparantly my xbox is 3 weeks out of warranty so I have to do some more pointless troubleshooting then he said he'll arrange for a service repair. Hasn't mentioned anything about a price yet either.

that appears to have worked . Apparantly my xbox is 3 weeks out of warranty so I have to do some more pointless troubleshooting then he said he'll arrange for a service repair. Hasn't mentioned anything about a price yet either.
Good lad. Never back down as your in the right on this one. Its should last 3-4 years and the law is on your side.

Back