Xbox One Controller

TopCat

Striker
Can anyone give some insight into the above? My 12yo loves his gaming (fortnite etc) and plays online with his mates. Every few months he complains that his controller is "broken" when in actual fact it's the 3.5mm jack that is playing up so he can't speak/hear his mates. I'm loathed to keep spending £40 every few months so looking for some assistance.

Is this a know issue with these controllers? Might it be that he's being rough with it (slamming it off the desk when he loses etc? [not saying I've seen or heard him do this, just wondering])?
Is there a better way to communicate? Or indeed a better (more robust) controller?

My ears are bleeding with his constant whining and looking for anything to appease him

Thoughts?

My nephew had me fixing his not long ago. While Googling how to fix it I read that headphone jacks are prone to snapping in them.

Mind I dunno whether that's the fault of where it is on the controller or him getting shite headsets.

Wasn't too much bother to fix though. Took the casing apart and got a pair of long nose pliers to get into the socket and remove the snapped part.

Can anyone give some insight into the above? My 12yo loves his gaming (fortnite etc) and plays online with his mates. Every few months he complains that his controller is "broken" when in actual fact it's the 3.5mm jack that is playing up so he can't speak/hear his mates. I'm loathed to keep spending £40 every few months so looking for some assistance.

Is this a know issue with these controllers? Might it be that he's being rough with it (slamming it off the desk when he loses etc? [not saying I've seen or heard him do this, just wondering])?
Is there a better way to communicate? Or indeed a better (more robust) controller?

My ears are bleeding with his constant whining and looking for anything to appease him

Thoughts?
My daughter has the same problem, I thought it was the headset I've bought her three this year alone.

I only have an issue when on the new modern warfare, but there is play in the jack connector. I’ve got two Xbox elite controllers and both have slight play. I’ve got the turtle beach elite pro 2 headset which has a massive wire going from the headset to the controller. It’s far too long for its purpose and I’m always snapping it out of the controller by accidentally standing on it etc. I may have to go wireless next.

Back