xbox 250gb or 4gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
about to order one for the bairns for xmas which would be the best one for just playing games. why would the larger memory come in handy, is it worth £50 more...cheers.

The 250Gb HDD would cost you £80 to buy seperately.

If you're not going to use Xbox Live, then the 4Gb should be sufficient. If you want to download demos, install games to the HDD, store music etc then the 250gb one is probably the better bet.

Ive just raked about in the spare room and got the hard drive off my old broken xbox. Its at least 20gb of memory, I have played loads of games on it over the years and didnt even use 50% of its memory, I have wiped its memory since.

You can have that if you want? I would imagine its more than enough memory.

Ive just raked about in the spare room and got the hard drive off my old broken xbox. Its at least 20gb of memory, I have played loads of games on it over the years and didnt even use 50% of its memory, I have wiped its memory since.

You can have that if you want? I would imagine its more than enough memory.
I'll have it if he doesn't want it...

bought a 60gb hd for me xbox 360 and i only play games and download a few demos and its more than enough not even quarter full think it all depends on what you want to do

I'll have it if he doesn't want it...

If Peterleeyacker doesnt want it you can

bought a 60gb hd for me xbox 360 and i only play games and download a few demos and its more than enough not even quarter full think it all depends on what you want to do

Agreed. The hard drive I have mentioned, has downloaded loads of demos and saved loads of games yet didnt get anywhere near half full.

The old hard drives aren't compatible with the new machines. You can still connect them using the data cable though.

The old hard drives aren't compatible with the new machines. You can still connect them using the data cable though.

They're not officially compatible - but they fit in if you strip the casing as they're just standard SATA drives. Probably not recommended mind.

about to order one for the bairns for xmas which would be the best one for just playing games. why would the larger memory come in handy, is it worth £50 more...cheers.

I would say 4gb will become limiting over time, espeically if you download some game demos and or videos.

Some game trials / demos / full games of the arcade variety can take up a few hundred megabytes in one swoop. Won't take long for 4gb to disapear...

I have a 20gb and don't download movies, but have had to buy a second one....

You can't install games on the little drives, and I'd recommend you do that, both for quietness and to keep it cooler/ save the laser.

But mainly so it is quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back