X Fit

What is it like

You mean cross fit?

I was just talking to a bloke at the gym today who said he got sick of it cause he just ended up being really weak, got fit like but not very strong.

Why do gadgy x-fitters feel the need to train with nee top on? Ffs man, keep your top on! Boils my piss, you aren’t boxing or somet man! While they have cycling shorts on and knee length socks, oh and their lifting wraps.

Why do gadgy x-fitters feel the need to train with nee top on? Ffs man, keep your top on! Boils my piss, you aren’t boxing or somet man! While they have cycling shorts on and knee length socks, oh and their lifting wraps.

My 2 lads do X Fit, must say the 22 year old has a cracking body on him, guess I would do the same when you see the fit bewers that do it, he gets all the whistles when he takes his top off

A lad I know has started doing it and loves it.
His involves strength training as well.....but fuck paying £99 for a six week course.

Is it a surprise to anyone it’s a total rip off?

And iirc @chenders son is a golfer with potential to actually make it as a pro? (Correct me if I’m wrong). The last thing I’d want to do is a form of training notorious for its back injuries.

Is it a surprise to anyone it’s a total rip off?

And iirc @chenders son is a golfer with potential to actually make it as a pro? (Correct me if I’m wrong). The last thing I’d want to do is a form of training notorious for its back injuries.

Pleasure in correcting you, he is a pro golfer and yes day in day out I warn him about potential back problems

Pleasure in correcting you, he is a pro golfer and yes day in day out I warn him about potential back problems

No I know he’s a pro golfer, I’ve seen you post about it. When I said ‘make it’ I meant make a very good living out of it. As I understand he’s on quite a minor tour?

No I know he’s a pro golfer, I’ve seen you post about it. When I said ‘make it’ I meant make a very good living out of it. As I understand he’s on quite a minor tour?

Sorry i thought you were having digs at me....`Make it`, will be tough, but this tour is the one to start, many golfers on tour started with this and do ok. He has several sponsors but needs a management company, but if he does well, and is capable that may well come along. I do worry though about his fitness regime and potential problems

Sorry i thought you were having digs at me....`Make it`, will be tough, but this tour is the one to start, many golfers on tour started with this and do ok. He has several sponsors but needs a management company, but if he does well, and is capable that may well come along. I do worry though about his fitness regime and potential problems

No, stop being paranoid :lol:

My opinion is the sorts of exericises he’ll be doing in CrossFit in and of themselves are great, really helpful for golf, or any sport.

The issue is the insistence on having people do olympic lifts in a state of fatigue and the sloppy form it encourages. Recipe for disaster.

But then he’s his own person and there’s only so much you can say.

No, stop being paranoid :lol:

My opinion is the sorts of exericises he’ll be doing in CrossFit in and of themselves are great, really helpful for golf, or any sport.

The issue is the insistence on having people do olympic lifts in a state of fatigue and the sloppy form it encourages. Recipe for disaster.

But then he’s his own person and there’s only so much you can say.

Paranoid, nope! Just woke up man

He's been at this for at least 14 months, but more intense through the winter months, the people there are fully qualified and each class is very well monitored. He's hopefully built up strength and stamina which is quite important.Actually Euro pro Tour is not classed as a minor event, its probably one of the best uk tours prior to euro tour golf, and not many tours get full sky coverage

Paranoid, nope! Just woke up man

He's been at this for at least 14 months, but more intense through the winter months, the people there are fully qualified and each class is very well monitored. He's hopefully built up strength and stamina which is quite important.Actually Euro pro Tour is not classed as a minor event, its probably one of the best uk tours prior to euro tour golf, and not many tours get full sky coverage
I would genuinely worry about him and his form causing injuries mate. I know a lot of people who do it and it’s even things like ripping their hands to shreds, summit which will be important to him. My stepmams sister owns 4-5 CrossFit gyms throughout the NE too

Back