X Factor 2018

The wife recorded it.

Now bearing in mind she watches all that shite reality tv crap, even she turned it off after 45 minutes.

I was delighted

Robbie Williams making it about him instead of the contestant.
I like the xfactor but this year it's terrible and it's only the first show.The judges are annoying or in the case of the young lad as wooden as a fence post. Robbie is just showing off all the time and Simon looks desperate for it to work.
It hasn't improved this year for sure. Having first auditions in front of the live audience doesn't work.
The judges take up too much time.
Too contrived this year. ... someone one back from 17 years ago, someone from 20 years ago with Robbie's cap, a singer with a hit, a singer(?) with a prearranged background. Only had about four genuine "auditionees", two of which were girls who were due to be pushed into a girl band, leaving two lads and one decent girl.

It hasn't improved this year for sure. Having first auditions in front of the live audience doesn't work.
Too contrived this year. ... someone one back from 17 years ago, someone from 20 years ago with Robbie's cap, a singer with a hit, a singer(?) with a prearranged background. Only had about four genuine "auditionees", two of which were girls who were due to be pushed into a girl band, leaving two lads and one decent girl.

The thing is last years series was the best for years with genuine talent from Rak-su, Grace Davies and the French lad......the first two had original material ready to be released but we havnt had a sniff of it. Rak-su should have had their record released during the summer..it would have sold well given the weather etc

Simon has fucked it up completely this year...it is so obvious they are just looking for a girl or boy band

What was contrived about the lad who was back from 17 years ago? He was knocked back then and has been time and again, over the years, because of his looks. But wait until you see what he has to offer in the later stages. Last night was decent from him but there's far more to come.

Putting the lad with the cap on through just because he sang with Robbie: now that was contrived.

As I say, mind, I detest the show and everything it pretends to stand for but this year, just for once, I'm watching it for me mate.

The thing is last years series was the best for years with genuine talent from Rak-su, Grace Davies and the French lad......the first two had original material ready to be released but we havnt had a sniff of it. Rak-su should have had their record released during the summer..it would have sold well given the weather etc

Simon has fucked it up completely this year...it is so obvious they are just looking for a girl or boy band

Again though, none of the three you've mentioned had to audition They were all head hunted and fast tracked straight to the televised bit, in front of the judges.

About five years ago, (the year James Arthur won), not a single one of the final ten or twelve, (whichever it was), went through the regular audition process. They had all been "approached",after being seen on YouTube, Vimeo or whatever.

That's about 40,000 hopefuls queuing, thinking they have a chance when Simon's team have been coaching some of the finalists for months.

It stinks... but I'll still make an exception, this year.

Last edited:
What was contrived about the lad who was back from 17 years ago? He was knocked back then and has been time and again, over the years, because of his looks ...

He individually wasn't contrived. I enjoyed his performance and hope he does well.

I have liked x factor in the past, but in an hour and a quarter they had about ten acts. It was all about the judges. It used to be about kids turning up in their jeans and tshirts, singing in a little studio and
hopefully getting through to the live stages later on. We should be seeing about 30 acts a week not seeing robbie on stage.

He individually wasn't contrived. I enjoyed his performance and hope he does well.

I have liked x factor in the past, but in an hour and a quarter they had about ten acts. It was all about the judges. It used to be about kids turning up in their jeans and tshirts, singing in a little studio and
hopefully getting through to the live stages later on. We should be seeing about 30 acts a week not seeing robbie on stage.

I think that every time they have a new judge, it's a bit like that. When Cheryl first arrived, it was all about her the first week.

It was much more fun when it was like a conveyor belt, like.

The first years of the show it was a decent talent contest then something happened. They made changes that meant we saw less singers, had more sob stories and Cowell lost his nasty streak. They had contestants on who obviously had problems mentally and they were there just to be laughed at. Why else would the pre auditions allow really bad singers through to the televised shows.
They should go back to the original format and get judges in who aren't there to promote themselves. Judges from the record industry who've been around the block a few times. Not some young lad or lass from a girl or boyband who's opinion just comes over as worthless. In the past the xfactor has hit some lows but this year is the lowest. It's terrible and time to change it or get rid.

The first years of the show it was a decent talent contest then something happened. They made changes that meant we saw less singers, had more sob stories and Cowell lost his nasty streak. They had contestants on who obviously had problems mentally and they were there just to be laughed at. Why else would the pre auditions allow really bad singers through to the televised shows.
They should go back to the original format and get judges in who aren't there to promote themselves. Judges from the record industry who've been around the block a few times. Not some young lad or lass from a girl or boyband who's opinion just comes over as worthless. In the past the xfactor has hit some lows but this year is the lowest. It's terrible and time to change it or get rid.

The problem is that these judges from "the record industry" have lost touch with what the public wants. Pete Waterman and Louis Walsh have become the music industries equivalent of David Moyes. They need a Guetta or the likes in there.

So someone who wrote and performed a famous song (dreamer) and has had their day in the sun raises the roof....:rolleyes:

Fix factor or what.

Back