Wyke

He really was, not sure what more you wanted from a target man, gave their centre halves a right battle.
To retain possession and bring others into play, be available and demand the ball in to feet, dominate a centre half rather than compete but inevitably lose out. Gain control of the ball and run forward with it, playing someone into the channel. That would be excellent!

this probably sounds more pedantic that i intend, but, some players change the outcome, or result of a game, wyke didnt do that today. but one can change the pattern of a gme, its direction, and thats whay wyke did.

He caused a few problems in that is was harder to get the ball back but we hardly had a kick last 15/20 mins. Saying he changed the game is a massive over exaggeration.

To retain possession and bring others into play, be available and demand the ball in to feet, dominate a centre half rather than compete but inevitably lose out. Gain control of the ball and run forward with it, playing someone into the channel. That would be excellent!

Did you actually go to the game today? He literally did all of that. :eek:

Yep they were beginning to get a foothold on the game? do you dispute we played our best football when Wyke came on?

We played our best football after they scored and we got two. It was out best phase of the game.

Are you saying we playeed better when we were holding on to a lead than when we took the game to them and came from behind to score twice, sufficient to win the match?

Did you actually go to the game today? He literally did all of that. :eek:
No he didn’t, he competed well and I was pleased with his performance, a good platform from which to build those other things into, I’m not criticising him at all, he’s just come back from injury and expectedly rusty!

No he didn’t, he competed well and I was pleased with his performance, a good platform from which to build those other things into, I’m not criticising him at all, he’s just come back from injury and expectedly rusty!

Id wait till the game is on SAFC.com and give it another watch if I was you.

thought he stopped there defenders coming and winning everything that was put forward and allowed us to play further up the pitch, the best 20 minutes we had coincided with him coming on.
I thought that. His presence made a lot of difference.

Did well when he came on, used his body well. Looks like he’s lost a bit beef as well. Good 3 points today against those bellends.

FTM

Wyke b4 Grigg every time.

If everyone is fit Grigg shouldn't be in the first 11 again.
In fact he shouldn't even be on the bench.

I hope Grigg can turn it around but he is not showing any signs of it presently.
Would prefer a Kimpioka on the bench just for the pace and unpredictability he brings.

We played our best football after they scored and we got two. It was out best phase of the game.

Are you saying we playeed better when we were holding on to a lead than when we took the game to them and came from behind to score twice, sufficient to win the match?

Yes that is what I’m saying, we pressed well but a blind man and his dog could see that Burgess and Downing were winning absolutely everything above the 5ft 7 hight of McNulty. When Wyke came on that simply stopped and that is a fact!

He caused a few problems in that is was harder to get the ball back but we hardly had a kick last 15/20 mins. Saying he changed the game is a massive over exaggeration.

well I disagree, he caused the problems, never gave the the defenders a minutes peace and has the physical presence none of our other forwards have! we might have scored 2 goals with McNulty on the pitch but don’t for one minute think either him,Gooch,Mcgeady, or Maguire caused them any issues dealing with any high ball! that completely changed when Wyke came on!

Yes that is what I’m saying, we pressed well but a blind man and his dog could see that Burgess and Downing were winning absolutely everything above the 5ft 7 hight of McNulty. When Wyke came on that simply stopped and that is a fact!

It didn't bother us too much first half when we scored two. Not long after Wyke came on we went defensive. Partly because Maguire/Mcgeady were knackered. He changed nowt. He did do what he did pretty well but it wasn't game changing. We were 2-1 up before he came on and we won 2-1 despite them being well on top for the best part he was on.

Id wait till the game is on SAFC.com and give it another watch if I was you.
I’ve seen how you have argued with many on this board and actually have agreed with lots you have said in terms of remaining positive and not turning on Ross and the team. I now think you are just after an argument?????

Back