Wyke

It didn't bother us too much first half when we scored two. Not long after Wyke came on we went defensive. Partly because Maguire/Mcgeady were knackered. He changed nowt. He did do what he did pretty well but it wasn't game changing. We were 2-1 up before he came on and we won 2-1 despite them being well on top for the best part he was on.

In your opinion who was the standout performance today? not being funny just curious as to who you thought played well!

After Wyke came on the game changed from them controlling possession and playing in our half to us dominating the rest of the game.

We then actually started closing down quicker and higher up. Made a big difference

Maguire and Willis.

Edit: And the keeper

Who got motm out of interest?

I really don’t know! 😂😂😂 I’d have had them two there or there abouts but I must say I’ve had a go at Leadbitter recently thought he done well today as well as dare I say it Ozturk!!!! never put a foot wrong!

I really don’t know! 😂😂😂 I’d have had them two there or there abouts but I must say I’ve had a go at Leadbitter recently thought he done well today as well as dare I say it Ozturk!!!! never put a foot wrong!

Aye Ozturk was good. Would only rate Willis higher as he got a goal as well as playing just as well. Leadbitter was OK. Passing was hit and miss and he was in and out of the game. Also nearly cost us the game with a stupid diving header. Probably a better performance than most he made last season though.

Whilst I agree with some others that 'changed the game' is a bit extreme (we were doing fine with McNulty), Wyke didn't half put a shift in and played well. My issue is that the team was set up to play with the four fast midfield/forwards and when Wyke comes on we dont' look to change the way we play to get the best out of him which we will need to do if McNulty is out for a few games.

Probably changed the game for me today was excellent when he came on and worked the defenders brilliantly!
Correct as normal John la.
Gorra be Ozturk marra.

Just CLEAR the f**ka.

Last edited:
I think Wyke returned to his default position yesterday. He looked like an honest tryer, but nothing more.

Back