Wyke

Since Power got sent off, I have seen two worse tackles go absolutely unpunished. Last week the foul, or assault on Matthews as he shepherded the ball out for a goal kick and this one. I didn’t think Powers was a sending off, so I can’t say that these were, then again they are the same rules so no excuse really, but to go unpunished is incredible. Christ they scored from a free kick when their bloke fell over as he was on a run.

I don't think you can really compare it to Power's challenge. Power's was completely deliberate with no intention of going near the ball, whereas this was a strong challenge for the ball which the keeper got wrong/mistimed.

It's pretty nasty, but with little or no intent you're often more likely to get away with it. It could easily have been dangerous and a red, but can see why it wasn't deemed like that. I'd have probably been more confused if he'd given the foul but not sent him off.

I don't think you can really compare it to Power's challenge. Power's was completely deliberate with no intention of going near the ball, whereas this was a strong challenge for the ball which the keeper got wrong/mistimed.

It's pretty nasty, but with little or no intent you're often more likely to get away with it. It could easily have been dangerous and a red, but can see why it wasn't deemed like that. I'd have probably been more confused if he'd given the foul but not sent him off.
They all operate to the same rules and “deliberate” or “not near the ball” is no consideration under a red card . The offence is serious foul play, which is a tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of the opponent or using excessive force. So in reality him getting it wrong/mistimed certainly endangered the safety of the opponent and as such should be construed as red. I agree with your statement about it being no intent that you could get away with it, but fundamentally that is wrong and goes against the Laws of the Game. I also agree that had he given the foul, but not send him off, that would be confusing. Hence in my opinion, was a possible reason to not give the foul. He could not have missed it.

Personally, I was surprised to see that newspaper poll suggesting that c.60% of us would prefer not to sign a striker. I think we should, if we can. As things stand, we really only have Maja and Sinclair.
Watmore can play central if necessary I just hope he doesnt get injured because I think another bad injury for him would probably finish him off as a footballer

Back