Wyke will not repeat the form of last season.

officerbill

Winger
I see some media outlets are reporting that the talks between Wyke and Celtic started today.

No disrespect to the lad, I wish him well but I feel he had found his level with us in League One. Cannot see him repeating last season's goal scoring exploits.

As I said wish the lad well, but if it comes off it might be a move that will fall flat.

If he's going to be Celtics main striker though i'd expect him to get at least 20 in that team against their opposition. Most strikers should back themselves to score goals in the SPL for celtic.

He has been playing well behind closed doors when there’s no intensity in the games. He was shite for 2 year when the crowds were in and the opposition actually tried to rattle us and get tight to us.

I agree. He's in a position where he needs to capitalise on his last season. His next move/contract will be the best he ever gets
I agree and don't begrudge him that at all as I'd do the same. In fact I'd rather he did go elsewhere and not repeat his 30 goal feat cos it would piss me off no end if he stayed next season and had the expected goal drought!
Even though he scored one with fans back
The exception doesn't prove the rule Hank lad!

I'm not a great fan of Wyke but if you had said at the start of the season he'd get 30 goals I'd have been over the moon.
I'm not a great fan of Wyke but if you had said at the start of the season he'd get 30 goals I'd have been over the moon.

Last edited:
I see some media outlets are reporting that the talks between Wyke and Celtic started today.

No disrespect to the lad, I wish him well but I feel he had found his level with us in League One. Cannot see him repeating last season's goal scoring exploits.

As I said wish the lad well, but if it comes off it might be a move that will fall flat.
What happens if McGeady goes with him to reform the partnership ? Interesting alternative opinion here (just yesterday), to that of The Echo
Aiden McGeady becomes a free agent: who will pick up former Celtic winger? - 67 Hail Hail

Last edited:
He's limited but as long as he goes somewhere he can play high up the pitch and gets plenty of balls across him you'd fancy him to score.

Does limit how you can play but at Celtic you'd think he'd be an option rather than the only option.

Back