Wycombe

The bitterness on here man. :lol: :oops:

Good for him. Love owt like that me.

My main issue with this was the fact that their keeper went down at least 8 times during the game after they took the lead. Every time he caught a cross he would stay on the deck and feign injury. The physio came on maybe 5 times to attend to him and his mythical bad lower back.

At the end of the game when the final whistle blew he jumped 5 feet in the air and sprinted 20 yards to our fans and fist pumped. I have no issue with the PPG thing, its the fact that they willingly cheat during games that I have an issue with.

I am firmly in the hope they get stuffed every week camp and come back down with a complex and an irreversible negative slump.

Dinno why some on here are going on about the points per game when if you want to dislike them you can simply get them on promotion. I dislike them not because they are cheaters or they voted with self interest in mind. I dislike them, like all teams who go up, purely for that reason.

Wycombe are able to get promoted whilst we it seems are not. We are a team not good enough to get promoted out of L1. We will never get out of this league. I know it is a tough and highly competitive league. Lots of top teams. But we are not among them. Weare going to have to find a way to put ourselves in the same breath as Hull, Wigan, Ipswich, Peterborough, Charlton and lots of others to have a chance of going up.

Last edited:
They probably wouldn't have finished third and the efl's "rules" were ridiculous. You sant possibly end a season nine games before the end of it and promote two teams because they're in automatic places at the time. Fair enough, Coventry were likely to walk the league but Rotherham were nowhere near definite candidates to go up.

The whole thing was a farce and the efl were culpable in the whole damned mess.
And the Wycombe owner wasn’t just voting he was making public statements about cost and making alliances with other clubs for ending early and PPG then found some money and energy to play the play offs. Hoping karma will sort them out. EFL’s mismanagement ultimately but they worked hard to swing it their way. Cowards.

And the Wycombe owner wasn’t just voting he was making public statements about cost and making alliances with other clubs for ending early and PPG then found some money and energy to play the play offs. Hoping karma will sort them out. EFL’s mismanagement ultimately but they worked hard to swing it their way. Cowards.
Yes I blame the EFL more than I blame anyone but they certainly manipulated the situation as they do on the pitch, by whichever means possible, again though it's match officials in that case who let themselves and their opponents down, it's Wimbledon crazy gang attitude all over again and while it's great for their fans they will win over very few new ones. I don't mind their manager though for some reason, seems a canny bloke to me who will get a bigger job in the future, then is the time to judge him, atm he's just playing the cards he's dealt.

Surprised they can afford to play the games this year when they reckoned they couldn’t last year. Also managed to bring afew in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I blame the EFL more than I blame anyone but they certainly manipulated the situation as they do on the pitch, by whichever means possible, again though it's match officials in that case who let themselves and their opponents down, it's Wimbledon crazy gang attitude all over again and while it's great for their fans they will win over very few new ones. I don't mind their manager though for some reason, seems a canny bloke to me who will get a bigger job in the future, then is the time to judge him, atm he's just playing the cards he's dealt.

Best way to stop teams manipulating things on the pitch is to do what we did yesterday: score the first goal. It doesn't happen anywhere near often enough but it makes all the difference. 😎

Best way to stop teams manipulating things on the pitch is to do what we did yesterday: score the first goal. It doesn't happen anywhere near often enough but it makes all the difference. 😎
I would love to know over the last couple of seasons how many times, usually cheaply, we hand the initiative to the oppo in the shape of an early goal?

Fair enough I suppose. But the idea that a team eighth and not in good form should go up in the circumstances of the time was absurd and will be shown to be so. This is not to say that we should have went up mind; we were shite, couldn't score and had five out of eight of the remaining games left away and couldn't have scored in a brothel. It should have been play on, or the top three on PPG go up.

Not sure it will do Wycombe any good in the long run if they get tanked most weeks and go down a dispirited team. The money in the Championship is not much better , particularly with the presence of Kungflu. Good luck though, I think you might need it, this year and next - if we still have football that is!

Wycombe were 3rd on PPG.

abit like Harry Bassett, who came across at Wimbledon as the cheeky chappy type but once he stepped up to a bigger club couldn't handle it...

Back