Wycombe v Tranmere 1200 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Ultra HD

I do not intend to blame fans but I detect a strong under-current of superiority complex in some of these comments here.

It translates as if these opponents are considered beneath Sunderland.

I think some humility and recognition that they are not, indeed they are peers, is part of the recovery.

It is the second season in the 3rd tier and it may take a couple more for the collective fan-base to get out of the 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial and isolation; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance.

I fear it is currently somewhere between 1 and 2 right now and until it gets to stage 5, acceptance it is going to be difficult to repair and build a team that can confidently play without fear.

Ooof.....you've just taken "fans fault" to a whole new level.

Need to get up the arse of the top 2 asap then keep pressure on/beat the pair at home.

Last season was sickening as they constantly won, hopefully less so this year.

I do not intend to blame fans but I detect a strong under-current of superiority complex in some of these comments here.

I think some humility and recognition that they are not, indeed they are peers, is part of the recovery.

It is the second season in the 3rd tier and it may take a couple more for the collective fan-base to get out of the 5 stages of grief:

I fear it is currently somewhere between 1 and 2 right now and until it gets to stage 5, acceptance it is going to be difficult to repair and build a team that can confidently play without fear.

As a club they are beneath us, massively so, it's not even close. As far as the teams are playing, Wycombe are performing better than we are as it stands. Will it last, I'll be surprised. Should a club like Sunderland be above Wycombe, yes, no doubt about it.

As a club they are beneath us, massively so, it's not even close. As far as the teams are playing, Wycombe are performing better than we are as it stands. Will it last, I'll be surprised. Should a club like Sunderland be above Wycombe, yes, no doubt about it.
Why would you be surprised

Comfortable win for the Chairboys. Look tough to beat, like we did last season. Not sure they will go the distance, but they are in a groove.

To think our squad of opinionated fannies cannot currently match a team like Wycombe ! They mustn't have an ounce of f***ing pride in themselves !

73 points is the biggest number of polnts 6th place has got in the last 3, 46 game, seasons.
70 will probably be enough this season.

They play each other next week.
Shame they don't play each other every week
To think our squad of opinionated fannies cannot currently match a team like Wycombe ! They mustn't have an ounce of f***ing pride in themselves !
It's as if they think that are too good to be playing here

Hadn't realised Wycombe had such a disruptive preseason

Yep, we were facing going into the season with a budget that you probably pay your star 2-3 players.

Have to agree with you mate, some of the stuff in here beggars belief. If the players share the same view no wonder you're well off the pace!

Last edited:

Back