Wycombe v Fleetwood kick off 1930 Sky Sports football

Probably read the views of Ainsworth on here and decided against it.

The SMB definitely didn't want him.

There seems to be a bit of a love hate thing going on with Wycombe. Last season when we played them they really impressed me, and I mentioned it in my match report. Others were less impressed. Then we went down to their place and apparently it was awful with their shithousery. Then this season we absolutely batter them at home and they looked horrendous.

Ainsworth was just as unpopular as Parkinson when we were discussing it back when PP was appointed.
Not with me. At the time I would have gone for him and said so on here. PP had the worst win rate of all those linked at 36%. His win rate ar Sunderland is...36%. That he failed is so predictable. Ainsworth may not have been everyone's first choice but PP was vurtually everyone's last choice - and we were correct and Donald was wrong.

Not with me. At the time I would have gone for him and said so on here. PP had the worst win rate of all those linked at 36%. His win rate ar Sunderland is...36%. That he failed is so predictable. Ainsworth may not have been everyone's first choice but PP was vurtually everyone's last choice - and we were correct and Donald was wrong.
This ownership is the first that has really unified the fans on the decisions they've made like.

The only problem is.......

:lol:

He got 3% of the vote, including yourself. Parkinson got 2%.

I quite like him, fwiw. I just think there's a bit of revisionism going on.
Well that's a relief. :lol:

Could have been properly blown out there.

You voted for Stendel.

Wycombe Oxford I could f***ing cry

Hang your heads in shame Donald Methven Sartori Coton Hill ... any any others associated with our great club
They waited for Ross inertia before they got rid when he should have gone immediately after the playoff final. They should learn and get rid of PP now. They’ll not of course they’ll wait until the same indifference sets in then when fan pressure gets too much and they need to distract attention from them they’ll get rid again , and again it will be too late

I have to pinch myself to remind myself that SAFC are actually not as good as the L1 playoff finalists Wycombe and Oxford. It’s like some weird parallel universe 😟

We are as good... but crucially not better. The EFL decided they should have a crack at promotion..still think that whole decision was farcial

Ffs man. Fair play to Wycombe and ainsworth but let's not pretend we missed out on the next Brian clough ffs. They are a team of utter shit houses who pay shit House football. It may take them up and good luck to them if it does but let's not pretend we missed a trick not getting him man. Frustration I get but let's not be delusional. Let the twats get on with it. We can't do anything this season now. We didn't miss owt on anything though. Let's be honest here.

The SMB definitely didn't want him.

There seems to be a bit of a love hate thing going on with Wycombe. Last season when we played them they really impressed me, and I mentioned it in my match report. Others were less impressed. Then we went down to their place and apparently it was awful with their shithousery. Then this season we absolutely batter them at home and they looked horrendous.

The match at Adams Park was horrendous. Kicked us off the park, rolled round, wasted time. Worst culprit was their keeper who took minute at least for every goal kick.

At the end of the game Ainsworth came over, was roundly booed, but on fairness to him made gestures that looked as though he was saying our fans are class and we would get promoted.

I like him, but when his name was mentioned on here in relation to our vacancy the general opinion was very negative.

I've no idea how good he'll be at developing coaching systems, youth, physio etc, but he certainly plays to his team's strengths. It'll be very interesting how he adapts in the future.

The match at Adams Park was horrendous. Kicked us off the park, rolled round, wasted time. Worst culprit was their keeper who took minute at least for every goal kick.

At the end of the game Ainsworth came over, was roundly booed, but on fairness to him made gestures that looked as though he was saying our fans are class and we would get promoted.

I like him, but when his name was mentioned on here in relation to our vacancy the general opinion was very negative.

I've no idea how good he'll be at developing coaching systems, youth, physio etc, but he certainly plays to his team's strengths. It'll be very interesting how he adapts in the future.

A good manager alters its teams tactics to get results and / or
disrupt the opposition....AA did that against us at Adams Park and also got it tactically right at Fleetwood to pave their path to the final....as he did again tonight given the situation

He got 3% of the vote, including yourself. Parkinson got 2%.

I quite like him, fwiw. I just think there's a bit of revisionism going on.

Think that's a consequence of the names on the poll. Keane and Pearson with SKP were always going to draw a big percentage despite being unrealistic. I'd have had Stendel as number one but Ainsworth a close second.

I wonder what the numbers would have looked like if it was Ainsworth or Parky. Can't imagine Parky getting more than 20% based on how unpopular his appointment was.

Gareth has given a masterclass at how to get every single ounce of togetherness from each and every player .

We would love for our team to play silky football , however with our tiny budget ,we cannot go out and get the right players . So , Gareth has managed by hook or by crook to put together a bunch of free or dirt cheap transfers and loanees who are so well drilled in how to win games . By whatever means .
We are not dirty .
We are however very very streetwise , I'm the 1st to say i hate our crazy timewasting 1minute into the game , our keeper feigning injury . Its ridiculous and horrible to watch .
We will do whatever we can to win . When we play the big boys such as yourselves , we will try to disrupt your game . Why wouldnt we . There was 1 tackle at Adams Park which wasnt the best , I've seen lots worse than that , and our man rightly got a red card for it , however dirty play is not our normal gameplay. Look at the 2 play off games - we are not dirty , we just disrupt the game horribly with our niggly trips fouls and shirt pulls . Its horrible, i agree .
However .
WWFC have achieved our highest ever league finish in our long history . Never ever before have we finished anywhere near as high as we did this season .
And for that , Gareth Ainsworth deserves every plaudit he gets . He has performed a miracle with this bunch of very limited players.
Realistically, our level is around the stevenage/crawley town level - so to simply be in the same league as you guys is amazing .
To reach the championship would be a miracle .
Yes , some of you would take great joy out of us getting smashed week in week out which is a shame , as i know of no fellow WWFC fans who think anything less than Sunderland of being a true great giant of a club currently just suffering mismanagement higher up .
Could i see Gareth moving to you ?
Yes , if the structure high up in your club changes and he is free to run the playing side .
And we would all wish Gareth very well and would hope he brings your glory days back ( not at our expense though ! ) .

Gareth has given a masterclass at how to get every single ounce of togetherness from each and every player .

We would love for our team to play silky football , however with our tiny budget ,we cannot go out and get the right players . So , Gareth has managed by hook or by crook to put together a bunch of free or dirt cheap transfers and loanees who are so well drilled in how to win games . By whatever means .
We are not dirty .
We are however very very streetwise , I'm the 1st to say i hate our crazy timewasting 1minute into the game , our keeper feigning injury . Its ridiculous and horrible to watch .
We will do whatever we can to win . When we play the big boys such as yourselves , we will try to disrupt your game . Why wouldnt we . There was 1 tackle at Adams Park which wasnt the best , I've seen lots worse than that , and our man rightly got a red card for it , however dirty play is not our normal gameplay. Look at the 2 play off games - we are not dirty , we just disrupt the game horribly with our niggly trips fouls and shirt pulls . Its horrible, i agree .
However .
WWFC have achieved our highest ever league finish in our long history . Never ever before have we finished anywhere near as high as we did this season .
And for that , Gareth Ainsworth deserves every plaudit he gets . He has performed a miracle with this bunch of very limited players.
Realistically, our level is around the stevenage/crawley town level - so to simply be in the same league as you guys is amazing .
To reach the championship would be a miracle .
Yes , some of you would take great joy out of us getting smashed week in week out which is a shame , as i know of no fellow WWFC fans who think anything less than Sunderland of being a true great giant of a club currently just suffering mismanagement higher up .
Could i see Gareth moving to you ?
Yes , if the structure high up in your club changes and he is free to run the playing side .
And we would all wish Gareth very well and would hope he brings your glory days back ( not at our expense though ! ) .

You referring to Bean on Watmore? It was utterly horrific and cynical, particularly on a lad with so many injury problems. I don't know if that's a problem with Bean, or a problem with your approach in terms of disregard to anything other than winning but it is disgusting either way.

That one incident aside, I agree with you. Ainsworth is doing a great job and I'm glad it will be one of you or Oxford going up as I hate the other two clubs you were playing.

Sadly for us, as things stand, Ainsworth is better off with Wycombe. Best of luck in the play off final, hope you have a great day out.

Back