Wycombe v Fleetwood kick off 1930 Sky Sports football

Ffs man. Fair play to Wycombe and ainsworth but let's not pretend we missed out on the next Brian clough ffs. They are a team of utter shit houses who pay shit House football. It may take them up and good luck to them if it does but let's not pretend we missed a trick not getting him man. Frustration I get but let's not be delusional. Let the twats get on with it. We can't do anything this season now. We didn't miss owt on anything though. Let's be honest here.
Absolutely spot on mate. Fuck me, Ainsworth turned into Alex Ferguson all of a sudden on here.

You referring to Bean on Watmore? It was utterly horrific and cynical, particularly on a lad with so many injury problems. I don't know if that's a problem with Bean, or a problem with your approach in terms of disregard to anything other than winning but it is disgusting either way.

That one incident aside, I agree with you. Ainsworth is doing a great job and I'm glad it will be one of you or Oxford going up as I hate the other two clubs you were playing.

Sadly for us, as things stand, Ainsworth is better off with Wycombe. Best of luck in the play off final, hope you have a great day out.
Thank you Nelson for your kind words .
Ive just spent a few minutes looking back at the challenge on Whatmore - the more i see it the more i think its just mistimed .
You may disagree , that's the great thing about football.
It wasn't high , it wasnt 2 footed, it was a split second late . If you pause it frame by frame that will become apparent. It was a poorly timed challenge which like you ,i would have been up in arms about baying for blood if it were on one of our players . It was a shame it happened to one of your players who seems to have injury issues , and obviously its sad and regrettable it impacted his career .
Maybe its considered reckless, I'm not sure . I think we all regret it here at this end as its added to a growing band of Sunderlands fans disliking us .
I can wholeheartedly say our team is many things , many of the descriptions i dislike but i agree with , but trust me Nelson when i say that honestly , none of our players are rough dirty nasty players , they are all very frustrating annoying niggly guys who will do anything they can to nullify the better players on the opposition , using the dark arts to gain an advantage . Its certainly not pretty ( sadly ) . Never though , would i say we go to "hurt" the opposition, as our disciplinary record over the last few years will show .
Once again thank uou for your fair post and best wishes for next season when I'm certain you will be in the top 2

Think that's a consequence of the names on the poll. Keane and Pearson with SKP were always going to draw a big percentage despite being unrealistic. I'd have had Stendel as number one but Ainsworth a close second.

I wonder what the numbers would have looked like if it was Ainsworth or Parky. Can't imagine Parky getting more than 20% based on how unpopular his appointment was.

It was to an extent, you're right. However, let's not pretend that Ainsworth was a popular choice either.

As I say, a team makes a play off final and suddenly their manager becomes flavour of the month. If they're bottom of the Championship come Christmas time, everyone will be laughing at the prospect again.

This isn't a witch hunt or anything, there's just plenty of revisionism going on.
Gareth has given a masterclass at how to get every single ounce of togetherness from each and every player .

We would love for our team to play silky football , however with our tiny budget ,we cannot go out and get the right players . So , Gareth has managed by hook or by crook to put together a bunch of free or dirt cheap transfers and loanees who are so well drilled in how to win games . By whatever means .
We are not dirty .
We are however very very streetwise , I'm the 1st to say i hate our crazy timewasting 1minute into the game , our keeper feigning injury . Its ridiculous and horrible to watch .
We will do whatever we can to win . When we play the big boys such as yourselves , we will try to disrupt your game . Why wouldnt we . There was 1 tackle at Adams Park which wasnt the best , I've seen lots worse than that , and our man rightly got a red card for it , however dirty play is not our normal gameplay. Look at the 2 play off games - we are not dirty , we just disrupt the game horribly with our niggly trips fouls and shirt pulls . Its horrible, i agree .
However .
WWFC have achieved our highest ever league finish in our long history . Never ever before have we finished anywhere near as high as we did this season .
And for that , Gareth Ainsworth deserves every plaudit he gets . He has performed a miracle with this bunch of very limited players.
Realistically, our level is around the stevenage/crawley town level - so to simply be in the same league as you guys is amazing .
To reach the championship would be a miracle .
Yes , some of you would take great joy out of us getting smashed week in week out which is a shame , as i know of no fellow WWFC fans who think anything less than Sunderland of being a true great giant of a club currently just suffering mismanagement higher up .
Could i see Gareth moving to you ?
Yes , if the structure high up in your club changes and he is free to run the playing side .
And we would all wish Gareth very well and would hope he brings your glory days back ( not at our expense though ! ) .

You're quite cynical. To some that is worse shithousery than being dirty (not to me, as it happens).

I can't help but have a small affection for Wycombe. I put it down to when you visited the SOL last season, as I was quite impressed with the team, manager and fans in general.

Last edited:
I've just seen Joey Barton's post-match interview and I was very impressed. He's a mixed character, isn't he? He does - and says - the most stupid things, but then makes some really laudable comments. He's also more articulate than most people in football.

Back