Wycombe lost again tonight

Don’t see the animosity to be fair. We would’ve done exactly the same thing.
“We” probably would have. I personally wouldn’t. I’d like to think I’d be the sort of owner who considered the sporting side of football to be more important than business. As such I’d be actively campaigning to get rid of the powers that be at the FL who plainly aren’t fit for purpose.

“We” probably would have. I personally wouldn’t. I’d like to think I’d be the sort of owner who considered the sporting side of football to be more important than business. As such I’d be actively campaigning to get rid of the powers that be at the FL who plainly aren’t fit for purpose.
Irrespective of that, you’d be pleased we’d be playing Championship football instead of League One football so I think your personal feelings about it would soon subside.

Irrespective of that, you’d be pleased we’d be playing Championship football instead of League One football so I think your personal feelings about it would soon subside.

Not if we got there unfairly I wouldn’t at all, not going on like they did anyway. Like I said before, some of us have morals, unlike a large portion of the footballing world. If we’d voted against it and campaigned against it and lost, but then benefitted and went up, then that’s different and we’d tried to go up properly. But if Donald had went on like their cretin chairman I wouldn’t be happy at all

There isn’t an irrespective in the vocabulary of true sporting people. I’m for the good of the game. Unfortunately there’s very few think similarly in the world of professional football.

Is it though? Saw an article the other day, Luton have 11 players with over 100 games played for them because alot of their squad were with them in League 2, never mind League 1. Now they are mid table Champo. I reckon Cov will do ok too. Rotherham will struggle, Barnsley and Wycombe both very weak squads. Brutal on Wycombes fans this season.
We've started off ok this season.

If you look at the league table, the 4 games we've won were against the bottom 4.

I think we will Be ok this season.

There isn’t an irrespective in the vocabulary of true sporting people. I’m for the good of the game. Unfortunately there’s very few think similarly in the world of professional football.
I agree, plenty just thinking of lining their pockets but I just can’t help thinking that if we were in the Championship this season we would be sticking a big two fingers to the rest of the footballing world, because we’d be where we wanted to be.

I'm still astonished with the frustration the majority of you feel towards Wycombe .

Get a life .
Get over it .

You hate how we play.
You hate how we got promoted .

Blah blah blah blah ! !

Seriously guys, get over it !

As someone who has watched his team rise from non league ,through the divisions , nearly go bust . I , along with every other Wwfc feel ultra proud as to where we are now . It gives everyone hope . It shows how teams with a wage bill put together which is probably still lower than your highest paid player can over perform .
You imagine where you would be if you over performed to our level - you would be champions league winners ! ! !

However , your hideously over paid players have under performed massively for years now, and i suggest you maybe spend your energy throwing your toys out of your prams at your own misgivings , as opposed to a club who are not even 10% the size of yours .

The championship is a massive step up in class from division 1 .
We are sooooooo out of our depth .
We are giving it a real go , we are not parking the bus . However we are falling way way short .
We will get a record low points tally which I'm sure many of you will rejoice at and celebrate long into the night .

As I've said before, you're so much bigger than us .
I would like to say bigger and better than us , however , as many ( not all ) of you have proved , you are not better than us - your words on your posts have let your club down - you should be ashamed of your small mindness ignorant views.

I've had , and still have so much respect for your club - its a great club with a great history , and yet many of you drag your club's name through the gutter with such caveman views .

Get over us .
Concentrate on getting Sunderland up to where you should be .

Respect as always .

We should be thankful for them really, imagine if we somehow sneaked our way through the play offs and had to play in the championship this season getting battered every week.

I'm still astonished with the frustration the majority of you feel towards Wycombe .

Get a life .
Get over it .

You hate how we play.

Blah blah blah blah ! !

As someone who has watched his team rise from non league ,through the divisions , nearly go bust . I , along with every other Wwfc feel ultra proud as to where we are now . It gives everyone hope . It shows how teams with a wage bill put together which is probably still lower than your highest paid player can over perform .
You imagine where you would be if you over performed to our level - you would be champions league winners ! ! !

However , your hideously over paid players have under performed massively for years now, and i suggest you maybe spend your energy throwing your toys out of your prams at your own misgivings , as opposed to a club who are not even 10% the size of yours .

We are giving it a real go , we are not parking the bus . However we are falling way way short .
We will get a record low points tally which I'm sure many of you will rejoice at and celebrate long into the night .

I would like to say bigger and better than us , however , as many ( not all ) of you have proved , you are not better than us - your words on your posts have let your club down - you should be ashamed of your small mindness ignorant views.

I've had , and still have so much respect for your club - its a great club with a great history , and yet many of you drag your club's name through the gutter with such caveman views .

Get over us .

Respect as always .
Hehehe

Back in late 80s during our only other spell down here we pissed the then 3rd division with a team that’d rip our current lot to shreds despite all being in their 50s and 60s. We then finished 12th. It’s a big step even for a club/team prepared for it. You weren’t, we still aren’t. Our hope would be that promotion brings a buyer out of the woodwork as our current idiots ain’t got a clue what’s reqd even in this division Nivver mind up there.

Get a life .
Get over it .

You hate how we play.

Blah blah blah blah ! !

Get over us .

Respect as always .

It's not a majority really. Like a few have said, we would have got SAFC up by hook or by crook if it came to it, so I don't begrudge you anything. We weren't good enough.

Good luck, sounds like it'll be a tough season for you. Hopefully you get some home fans back by end of season to enjoy what you can of it.

And probably see you next year :(

Hehehe

Back in late 80s during our only other spell down here we pissed the then 3rd division with a team that’d rip our current lot to shreds despite all being in their 50s and 60s. We then finished 12th. It’s a big step even for a club/team prepared for it. You weren’t, we still aren’t. Our hope would be that promotion brings a buyer out of the woodwork as our current idiots ain’t got a clue what’s reqd even in this division Nivver mind up there.
Youre right - we weren't prepared for it . Its tough being beaten every week , however we are competitive now and getting better .
It's not a majority really. Like a few have said, we would have got SAFC up by hook or by crook if it came to it, so I don't begrudge you anything. We weren't good enough.

Good luck, sounds like it'll be a tough season for you. Hopefully you get some home fans back by end of season to enjoy what you can of it.

And probably see you next year :(
Surely this is the year you will go up . I truly hope for your fans sake that you go up .

Get a life .
Get over it .

You hate how we play.

Blah blah blah blah ! !

Get over us .

Respect as always .
Think you mean ‘minority’. The majority don’t really care about you lot to be honest.

However, I do think you will set a record for the lowest points tally in the championship. Definitely agree with you on that point.

Last edited:
It gives everyone hope . It shows how teams with a wage bill put together which is probably still lower than your highest paid player can over perform .
If I was being facetious I would argue to that shows what can happen when the playoff participants are midtable teams decided by a method about as fair as a tombola, rather than by playing football - which Wycombe refused to do. And yet happily played on in the playoffs when the musical chairs tombola put them there.

I don't hate Wycombe, and I don't necessarily blame them for what they did. It is the staggering incompetence of the FL that irritates. They essentially said 'This is what will happen if you vote 'no'' - and what would happen, would be that a handful of teams KNEW they'd in a more beneficial position than they ought to be, and most of the teams in the middle didn't care, as they had nothing to play for.

So the teams who were fighting relegation but just so happened to be outside the bottom 3 on PPG at that moment, voted the exact same way Wycombe did, for the exact same reason.

Anybody who voted to end the season early, should automatically have been excluded from any playoffs.

If I was being facetious I would argue to that shows what can happen when the playoff participants are midtable teams decided by a method about as fair as a tombola, rather than by playing football - which Wycombe refused to do. And yet happily played on in the playoffs when the musical chairs tombola put them there.

I don't hate Wycombe, and I don't necessarily blame them for what they did. It is the staggering incompetence of the FL that irritates. They essentially said 'This is what will happen if you vote 'no'' - and what would happen, would be that a handful of teams KNEW they'd in a more beneficial position than they ought to be, and most of the teams in the middle didn't care, as they had nothing to play for.

So the teams who were fighting relegation but just so happened to be outside the bottom 3 on PPG at that moment, voted the exact same way Wycombe did, for the exact same reason.

Anybody who voted to end the season early, should automatically have been excluded from any playoffs.
I dont disagree with you about the EFL .
Admittedly i dont know what way it could have been sorted out that made everyone happy !
Yes , we were winners with the way it finished , we had played 1 less game than the majority of others ,so truly dont know what the right way to end the season was .

P.s . Cannot believe you're playing Onien in central defense .
He's a fiesty Joe Cole type of player in my eyes .

Yup . A great point indeed .
Thank you .
It was a long time coming ! !

Our rivals - for people of my era who were home and away guys back in the 90s then yes , Colchester are our fierce fivals .
Can't stand them . Horrible club . Horrible place. ( not that High Wycombe is exactly nice though is it ) .
However there are not too many of us left with those feelings . We also dont exactly wish Oxford well either .
Nowdays its more MK Dons who get our focus . Which personally i dont quite get .

Well done with your point tonight .
Appreciate its not what you want , but every point counts and it may be a vital point come the end of the season .

Yup . A great point indeed .
Thank you .
It was a long time coming ! !

Our rivals - for people of my era who were home and away guys back in the 90s then yes , Colchester are our fierce fivals .
Can't stand them . Horrible club . Horrible place. ( not that High Wycombe is exactly nice though is it ) .
However there are not too many of us left with those feelings . We also dont exactly wish Oxford well either .
Nowdays its more MK Dons who get our focus . Which personally i dont quite get .

Well done with your point tonight .
Appreciate its not what you want , but every point counts and it may be a vital point come the end of the season .
You f***ing wankers. Wrecked my coupon for $2k.

Back