Wycombe 'interested' in re-signing Luke O'Nien

He is my favourite player by the way i just don't think he is that level

It's only one level above what he's operating at marra. Aside from his attitude and fitness levels he's pretty good at controlling the ball and passing short and quick then moving into space. Let's be honest, he's got donkeys around him......slow of thought and slow of deed. I'd be very confident he could handle one step up and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him making two.

It's only one level above what he's operating at marra. Aside from his attitude and fitness levels he's pretty good at controlling the ball and passing short and quick then moving into space. Let's be honest, he's got donkeys around him......slow of thought and slow of deed. I'd be very confident he could handle one step up and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him making two.
Top end of the championship mind yeh maybe your correct there is nothing we can do to keep him either really.

His motor will see him right at a higher level than this.

Incidentally I strongly suspect the OP article originated with a little informal chat and gauging whether Luke would be interested in a move back. It probably also coincided with the McGeady bullying allegations too...

I love O'Nien. Best signing we've made and woefully under-appreciated by some of our fans who want a right back or centre midfielder who plays like Cristiano Ronaldo

I think you are missing the point.
He isnt overrated becuase we know his limitations, but the fact that he is one of our better players just shows how shite we are.

The point appeared to be Wycombe are interested. My response was I think he is overrated . I didn't say let him go, sell him now, I'll drive him there :)
Just simply meant exactly the point you made about the state we are in. People thinking a player is better than he is becuase his attitude is right. If we had 7 O'niens and 4 players with some skill on top, we would be top 6 for sure, imo. What is clear for me, is that Cattermoles guidance on and off the field is sorely missed. You can add Honeyman to that too.

Last edited:
Well we can extend his contract and keep him till the end of next season but I'll be amazed if our proposed spending this window isn't based on selling him.
If they sell him they deserve to be drowned in dogshite. It’s ok having a philosophy of bringing in young players and then selling them on for a profit if you have the squad in place to support it. We don’t, and I have little faith in him being adequately replaced.

If they sell him they deserve to be drowned in dogshite. It’s ok having a philosophy of bringing in young players and then selling them on for a profit if you have the squad in place to support it. We don’t, and I have little faith in him being adequately replaced.

One out will fund all incoming I'd imagine. I suppose if you're astute you can improve the balance and dynamics of the team by doing that. Leicester sold Maguire for big bucks and certainly seem to have improved....but that's Leicester and we're miles off their level of competence. It's the last roll of the dice for Donald and Parky though. There's no way back if they get this window wrong.

I'm interested in f***ing the arse off Helen Skelton and Abbie Dewhurst.
It doesn't mean it'll happen though.

Back