Wycombe Away

Going again this season as I only live about an hour's drive away. I wouldn't be going back otherwise. A horrible vicious and cheating team.
Going again this season as I only live about an hour's drive away. I wouldn't be going back otherwise. A horrible vicious and cheating team.

is there many option to get to the ground from the town centre, shuttle busses or the likes, before the match? we are staying down for the night. hoping to just find one or two decent boozers

The 32 bus from the bus station takes you to the pub nearest the ground (The Hourglass).

Decent boozers are few and far between. Always liked The Bootlegger opposite the train station but that’s a 5-10 min walk from the rest of the pubs in town.

Your best bet for a good concentration of bars is bottom of the high street, St Paul’s Row where you’ve got O’Neills, The Snug, Heidrun and Wetherspoons all within spitting distance of one another.

The 32 bus from the bus station takes you to the pub nearest the ground (The Hourglass).

Decent boozers are few and far between. Always liked The Bootlegger opposite the train station but that’s a 5-10 min walk from the rest of the pubs in town.

Your best bet for a good concentration of bars is bottom of the high street, St Paul’s Row where you’ve got O’Neills, The Snug, Heidrun and Wetherspoons all within spitting distance of one another.

Cheers. The white horse and bird in hand are close to where we are staying, do you know what they are like ?

Cheers. The white horse and bird in hand are close to where we are staying, do you know what they are like ?

The White Horse is a strip joint and I’ve only ever ventured into The Bird in the Hand once but it was ok, but not the kind of place I’d go for a night out, unless you were after a quiet one.

Last edited:
Their fans were weirdly aggro after the match last season. Although the guy with the drum was nice when I passed him on the street. I was surprised, I knew what the football team were about but I was expecting Wycombe to be a nicer place.

There’s a taxi office between the two pubs (Yellow Cars) and it’s only a few mins drive into town from there. There’s also a lovely curry takeaway there too (Bucks Spice).

Last edited:
Missed last year's match due to train trouble so I was keen to make sure I'm there this time. Planning on driving as I've left it late to book trains but see it's a 4ish hour drive and my enthusiasm has waned somewhat.

Going to be a right palaver getting there. Bus to Winchester, train to Basingstoke, train to Reading, train to Maidenhead, train to Marlow. Have a pint. Bus to Wycombe.
Pretty sure at this point it’ll be time to turn around and go home.

Said sold out last night when I looked online

I’m sure it did , but she said yes to his question and gave him two tickets , maybe players returned tickets ?

Funnily enough I was trying to return two Shrewsbury tickets due to a change of plan and they refused to take them back and told me to sell them on

Back