Wycombe Away

Always thought Wycombe was dead posh
I thought Lincoln was, three times as many second hand shops than Sunderland, alcho's sitting about all over. Got a canny laugh there last week, a gùy must of stolen a load of packs of salmon out of M&S, stuffed them under his coat. The lasses and security game chase, he's running down the High Street with salmon packs flying all over.

Who would want him as a manager FFS?
I thought Lincoln was, three times as many second hand shops than Sunderland, alcho's sitting about all over. Got a canny laugh there last week, a gùy must of stolen a load of packs of salmon, stuffed them under his coat. The lasses and security game chase, he's running down the High Street with salmon packs flying all over.

Did you get any?

Was in that pub last season and it was a group from Durham what kicked it off outside. No more than a few handbags. Actually walked through it to buy a lottery ticket from the shop next door while a left our lass stood outside. That’s how tame it was and us drank in there for a hour after.
Had two nights down there in the premier inn. Had some problems on the Friday night in the weatherspoon but not over football or with Wycombe support and had a canny night on the Saturday in some cheesy bar. Bit of a 90 s throwback place. Pubs were mainly quiet. Ground miles away from town though.

Wycombe fan in peace.

Looking forward to the game, as long as Ainsworth is still in our dugout and you've made an appointment. We're an entirely different team to last season, and if we turn it on like we have done at home for parts of this season, I could easily see Ainsworth changing a lot of your fans' opinion on him and massively increase his chances of going to you if you're still manager-less. Wycombe fans are generally amazed and delighted that he wouldn't be a popular appointment.

The ground is in a crap location, but if the weather is half decent, there's a large outside bar at the ground and marquee for away fans. The hour glass is fine for away fans too normally -the trouble last year was really minor, I was right next to it, handbags at most.

The white horse is normally popular with away fans/ bit of a lower league away fans staple -football on TV and strippers, just about walkable to the ground.

Wycombe fan in peace.

Looking forward to the game, as long as Ainsworth is still in our dugout and you've made an appointment. We're an entirely different team to last season, and if we turn it on like we have done at home for parts of this season, I could easily see Ainsworth changing a lot of your fans' opinion on him and massively increase his chances of going to you if you're still manager-less. Wycombe fans are generally amazed and delighted that he wouldn't be a popular appointment.

The ground is in a crap location, but if the weather is half decent, there's a large outside bar at the ground and marquee for away fans. The hour glass is fine for away fans too normally -the trouble last year was really minor, I was right next to it, handbags at most.

The white horse is normally popular with away fans/ bit of a lower league away fans staple -football on TV and strippers, just about walkable to the ground.

How's Aarons getting on?

I really enjoyed Wycombe away last season, seem to be in the minority. When people say it kicked off in that pub last season near the ground I bet most people have seen a lot worse. I take my step son and never get involved in anything remotely stupid but that was just handbags. I bet most teans aren't as excited about playing us as last season

Looking forward to this even more now. Mainly for personal reasons as i've had a right shit few weeks and cant wait for a day on the piss with the lads.

Anyone know how many we've sold?

Wycombe fan in peace.

is there many option to get to the ground from the town centre, shuttle busses or the likes, before the match? we are staying down for the night. hoping to just find one or two decent boozers

Wycombe fan in peace.

Wont change any of our fans minds after last season, falling over when they ain't touched, moaning to the ref for 90 minutes, time wasting.

Wycombe fan in peace.

Has he ditched the scumbag tactics of last year then?
Wont change any of our fans minds after last season, falling over when they ain't touched, moaning to the ref for 90 minutes, time wasting.

is there many option to get to the ground from the town centre, shuttle busses or the likes, before the match? we are staying down for the night. hoping to just find one or two decent boozers
We got cab from the town to the pub near the ground prematch, then just hopped on a bus into the town after.

We got a taxi from a real ale type pub with a couple of London based Sunderland supporters. No idea how much as they paid. First time we came across the lads who started the handbag swinging after the game was in there and they were obviously fine with us.
Us had a great Saturday night in some cheesy bar with the locals but it wasn’t busy or bouncing. The premier inn bar did nice food.

Seen a few comments about it kicking off last year so not sure if there was another incident but presuming it's the same incident then it was actually me and my mates in the middle of it. I say in the middle of it, we were walking back to the pub after the game as we had a taxi booked and all we got was loads of grief from a certain few of their fans - "fuck off back up north" "Northern monkeys" etc.

Was happy to engage in football chat with them but there was a definite edge about a few of them and not one of them had anything good to say about us. Out of nowhere one of them planted the nut on my mate and it kicked off again outside the pub when I had a word with the offender and he tried to plant a nut on me (Pathetic attempt which I managed to catch with my hand it was so bad :lol:). Bit of handbags and Northumbria's finest sorted it without hassle, recognising that the issue was with the home fans.

Don't let anyone fool you that any SAFC were to blame down there last season, they were a horrible, spiteful bunch and it's a place I'll not return to in a hurry. A thoroughly unpleasant day.

Wycombe itself is a total shit hole. I’d be wary of that pub on the corner about 5 mins from the ground - it went off a bit in there after the game last season and would have been worse if not for a rapid police response.
The surrounding areas are beautiful. Some great villages and pubs.

Surely not with the locals.
That pub always gets taken over by the away fans.
Have to agree the surrounding areas are lovely but Wycombe itself not the best.

Back