Wycombe Away

Never, never park in their carpark.
Once was enough.
Got home the same time as coming back from Carlisle :) we’ll not quite but felt like it.
Plenty of street parking if you like hill climbing.
I think it was nearly 7pm before I got out. The SAFC team coach had long gone too!

Us had a decent time in Wycombe but aye it was a strange place
Got accosted in one bar in its town centre by a 70 odd year old wifey who proudly told me she only had one grandchild and was I game for it. Told her I have 4 grand kids and am 30 years younger than her while my wife stood at the bar pissing herself laughing.
Remember the bootlegger pub by the train station was a fair hike and only sold real ale stuff which us wasn’t keen on. Saw that bit handbags after game in the first pub after ground and it was nowt. Wycombe is just another ordinary town really.

Locals couldn't have been friendlier last season let us share a taxi to the ground wouldn't take any money for the fare and one of them even organised a lift for us post match back to the pub from the ground as we were staying over.

Went last season and declined a ticket to go this season. Didn't enjoy the experience. Horrible team , horrible game. Had to catch a taxi from the station and taken on the scenic route costing a fortune. Got into the home fans social club and we got served , went back to the bar for a second drink and was refused as we were away fans. Then took forever to walk back to the station after the game getting lost enroute and missed rail connections. Will not be going back to Wickham. Been once and ticked off another new ground and that's it!

Just didn't enjoy the day. Horrible game and the ground is miles from the town centre with only one pub somewhat close by the everyone headed to and was a bitch to get served. And kicked off in there after.
The hour glass?
It kicked off? Wycombe or just sunderland on each other?

Last season you could get beer just outside the ground, and a bit of food. Wycombe put on some tents for us. Are they not doing that this time?

The hour glass?
It kicked off? Wycombe or just sunderland on each other?

Last season you could get beer just outside the ground, and a bit of food. Wycombe put on some tents for us. Are they not doing that this time?
People making out Wycombe is some kind of hell hole. There was a few handbags outside that pub between a few blokes but the police was straight there. Our lass stood and watched it and didn’t feel worried at all and us drank in the place for a good hour after. My grand kids have bigger fights over who’s first on the tablet after school.
It is a fair hike to the ground and taxi is about a tenner. But so is say reading or Shrewsbury and plenty other new grounds built in last 30 years.us had a decent night out there nowt special but av saw worse. Wycombe is just another town.

Wycombe itself is a total shit hole. I’d be wary of that pub on the corner about 5 mins from the ground - it went off a bit in there after the game last season and would have been worse if not for a rapid police response.
The surrounding areas are beautiful. Some great villages and pubs.
That pub is the Hourglass, and they make the (obvious) mistake of letting both home and away fans in there. A while back they also banned Luton fans for unknown reasons. I work at the White Horse on the (A40) West Wycombe Road (Sat nav HP11 2LR) and we only let in 'away' fans which is always great fun. And we have strippers too! No admittance charge, open on match day Saturdays from 11.00am but not to under 18's at all. There's some parkiong, more nearby - about a 25 - 30 minute walk to the ground and usually plenty of taxis around.

That pub is the Hourglass, and they make the (obvious) mistake of letting both home and away fans in there. A while back they also banned Luton fans for unknown reasons. I work at the White Horse on the (A40) West Wycombe Road (Sat nav HP11 2LR) and we only let in 'away' fans which is always great fun. And we have strippers too! No admittance charge, open on match day Saturdays from 11.00am but not to under 18's at all. There's some parkiong, more nearby - about a 25 - 30 minute walk to the ground and usually plenty of taxis around.
Cheers mate, we might give it a whirl 💃

Last edited:
Decided to go at the last minute :lol:
Getting a lift to Wycombe and got a ticket sorted all within an hour , we've decided to go to The White horse.

Hate salmon since I was a kid and me ma used to butter my bread for my cheese sandwich with the same knife she'd chopped the salmon up. Aaagh!
That must have been that Salmon paste in a little jar...dunno if you can still by it?...try horseradish and smoked mackerel really good on brown bread

I overdid it a little on Friday so had to take a sicky yesterday, but everyone at The White Horse said what a great time they had with everyone from Sunderland. Thanks guys, done my street cred here no end of good!

Back