WWC

how refreshing, no diving cheating feckers. And some very good play. Damn site better than our league.
I only saw a bit of the England Cameroon match, and in that time i saw spitting, taunting a player who was hurt after a bad challenge, literally crying because they were given offside, and claims of racism because someone who wasn't offside had their goal allowed to stand :lol::lol::lol:

My daughter's used to prefer the Women over the men for the longest time. We had a season ticket at hetton centre and Mariners Park, it's great day out mind, the squad are really nice. They take time to talk, sign and take pictures with the bairns. Used to be really good when we were still in the WSl because all the England lot would come to play at hetton centre and they would stop and talk to the bairns. We had Karen Bardsley and some of the Man City squad sitting behind us and they happily chatted and took pictures with us at half time. Even got Jill Scott's shirt once!

Cameroon were a disgrace, every bit as bad as any men's side I've watched. And it isn't a damn site better than our league, Sunderland would comfortably beat every team there. Just enjoy it for what it is, instead of trying to overstate the quality
Given the fact academy under 15 sides regularly beat women’s international teams, id say a decent pub side would beat the women. The standard is less than the top sides in the wearside league.

This is true. Evidenced by their inability to dribble the ball - it’s all one touch then pass

that's pass and move, as opposed to hoof it.

Cameroon were a disgrace, every bit as bad as any men's side I've watched. And it isn't a damn site better than our league, Sunderland would comfortably beat every team there. Just enjoy it for what it is, instead of trying to overstate the quality

totally agree about Cameroon being a disgrace, but they were not diving and cheating. They were just plain dirty.

Last edited:

Back