WWC: Standard of refereeing

You could be right there. It could be a simple defence mechanism to protect the womens' game. And not a minute too soon. The inevitable drearily long queue of pathetic chauvinists and mysogentists and drunks in this region at least who peddle their bullshit on here and elsewhere will, I hope fall out of their trees and land on their mouths. Not their brains, they are already damaged well beyond repair.

For my part, I follow all genders and types of football and have done for years.

The clowns who come out with this garbage will, I hope fail to pass their long outdated view of life on to their kids.

Eh? My word..... what’s this?

For my part I follow all genders and levels of football too - thoroughly enjoyed this women’s World Cup. Very entertaining and good quality. Fuck knows what you are talking about fella.

All I was saying is they don’t commit fouls because the game is different as they don’t get close to each other as they do in the men’s game. Therefore , although the refs have been canny, it’s harder to judge. It’s a different game and probably easier to ref. Nowt sexist there like so you can stick that soap box up your arse! Ha

Fuck me

Give me evidence they aren’t. Cuts both ways you see.

You made the claim.

If the refs in Germany, Sweden and Switzerland started reffing in England they'd get just as much stick as the English refs currently do.

How do I know this, you may ask? Because they're human beings.

You said yourself that the game has progressed so much in the last decade. The scrutiny that refs come under now is extortionate compared to the past, it's that simple really.
I made no mention of scrutiny. I said they hadn’t progressed at the same rate as the game. There is credence in what you say however. Hence the advent of var which suggests to me that the level of competence required to effectively referee a high profile match can’t be reached and requires the use of systems like VAR.

f***ing hell :lol::lol::lol:

Err, I'm not making the claim :lol:
You could at least try, couldn’t you. You’ve provided nothing to the contrary.

You made the claim.

If the refs in Germany, Sweden and Switzerland started reffing in England they'd get just as much stick as the English refs currently do.

How do I know this, you may ask? Because they're human beings.
Ok let’s put an end to this shall we? In my opinion premier league referees are not as good as some of their European counterparts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made no mention of scrutiny. I said they hadn’t progressed at the same rate as the game. There is credence in what you say however. Hence the advent of var which suggests to me that the level of competence required to effectively referee a high profile match can’t be reached and requires the use of systems like VAR.

You could at least try, couldn’t you. You’ve provided nothing to the contrary.

Try doing what? You are making the claim refs in Germany, Sweden and Switzerland and better than ours. Are you now expecting me to disprove this point rather than you backing up your claim? :lol:

Try doing what? You are making the claim refs in Germany, Sweden and Switzerland and better than ours. Are you now expecting me to disprove this point rather than you backing up your claim? :lol:
Why not? Same thing other way around. How many games were played in the champions league last season, and how many were officiated over by an English ref? More to the point how many are actually on the list?

Ok let’s put an end to this shall we? In my opinion premier league referees are not as good as some of their European counterparts.

I never said you did.

VAR is being introduced because that's how the game has advanced. Unfortunately it's a load of shite and isn't working. Therefore the refs are at a huge disadvantage to ten, twenty + years ago. Naturally their errors are now widely reported and available for everyone to see.

I think it's a load of bollocks that people continue to slate referees, without seeing what is staring them in the face.

I never said you did.

VAR is being introduced because that's how the game has advanced. Unfortunately it's a load of shite and isn't working. Therefore the refs are at a huge disadvantage to ten, twenty + years ago. Naturally their errors are now widely reported and available for everyone to see.

I think it's a load of bollocks that people continue to slate referees, without seeing what is staring them in the face.

I give up:lol:
:lol::lol: Me anarl.

I never said you did.

Just out of interest what would you suggest that would help refs. I’m no lover of VAR by the way.

Eh? My word..... what’s this?

For my part I follow all genders and levels of football too - thoroughly enjoyed this women’s World Cup. Very entertaining and good quality. Fuck knows what you are talking about fella.

All I was saying is they don’t commit fouls because the game is different as they don’t get close to each other as they do in the men’s game. Therefore , although the refs have been canny, it’s harder to judge. It’s a different game and probably easier to ref. Nowt sexist there like so you can stick that soap box up your arse! Ha

Fuck me
Up my arse it goes. Ouch. My apologies. I misinterpreted your post . I just get so sick of the crap that gets talked about women's football. I bow to you.

That is an excellent question. Lack of training perhaps, maybe lack of numbers coming into the game that actually want to referee.
Should we be looking at academies for match officials. It’s only my opinion but it seems to me that the game has advanced a great deal over the last 10 years ago but our match officials for whatever reason haven’t progressed at the same rate.

Do you not think after years and years of getting refs fitter and fitter and training them better and better, that what we asking refs to do with just the human eye is simply too much, and no amount of academies etc will change that.

The game has moved on in the fact cheating has become better, refs been asked to book players for lesser and lesser offences, making it harder and harder and inevitable imo that mistakes will be made as evidence has proved.

They clearly need help all the evidence points that out at all levels and in all countries.

Last edited:
Up my arse it goes. Ouch. My apologies. I misinterpreted your post . I just get so sick of the crap that gets talked about women's football. I bow to you.

Very fair

For what it is worth beeb have just done the same thing - some weird rant about trump and the movement for change. Fuck me. The women’s game is good. It doesn’t need this shit around it.

Let them play and enjoy watching it. As I do.

In the first minute last night Ball went out for an obvious corner but ref gave goal kick.....ok mistakes happen but why didn't var refs sort it?

Because people don't want VAR to be used all the time. It holds the game up enough as it is, that's why they only use it for key decisions. If they reverse corner kick decisions they'd have to do it for throw ins as well, people getting ready to take a throw and the ref having to pull it back because of VAR. They'd have to use it if the ref missed a free kick, it would be thoroughly unworkable.

To me if people want to eradicate mistakes they want VAR.

If they don’t want VAR, then need to accept the inevitable mistakes as part and parcel of the game.

I don’t want VAR, accept the mistakes, but also see criticising refs as part of the game. Its all part of the fun ... everyone, fans refs and players need to accept it for what it is and enjoy!

I don’t want VAR, accept the mistakes, but also see criticising refs as part of the game. Its all part of the fun ... everyone, fans refs and players need to accept it for what it is and enjoy!

Well yeah we all criticise refs in the heat of the moment all of us especially when playing.

It’s the over the top , calling them cheats, disgrace etc that I object too days later, for simply giving honest decisions in very diffcult proven circumstances.

Thi
It’s more a reflection on why we didn’t have an English official at the World Cup. And I don’t know how you got the impression that I feel ours is the only country where referees are criticised when it’s been going on worldwide since refs were invented.
It’s the standard, or lack of that concerns me.

This again!

For the umpteenth time there was no English official because the chosen one Clattenburg chose to clear off to a new job with the Saudi FA leaving the FA and FIFA in the lurch as there was no time for the preferred replacement Martin Atkinson to complete the preparation training which FIFA wanted. Stop making stuff up to suit your argument.

That said the reffing in L1 is shocking.

Back