WWC: Standard of refereeing

Thi

This again!

For the umpteenth time there was no English official because the chosen one Clattenburg chose to clear off to a new job with the Saudi FA leaving the FA and FIFA in the lurch as there was no time for the preferred replacement Martin Atkinson to complete the preparation training which FIFA wanted. Stop making stuff up to suit your argument.

That said the reffing in L1 is shocking.
I didn’t make anything up.

Because people don't want VAR to be used all the time. It holds the game up enough as it is, that's why they only use it for key decisions. If they reverse corner kick decisions they'd have to do it for throw ins as well, people getting ready to take a throw and the ref having to pull it back because of VAR. They'd have to use it if the ref missed a free kick, it would be thoroughly unworkable.

I'm sure that the refs in the truck must have seen it straight away as itwas obvious on my TV. All they had the do was tell the ref via the earpiece.... what's point in having it if you not going to use it properly

I'm sure that the refs in the truck must have seen it straight away as itwas obvious on my TV. All they had the do was tell the ref via the earpiece.... what's point in having it if you not going to use it properly

Because they've specifically said it's only allowed to be used in certain circumstances. Doesn't matter if they saw that one quickly, if they use it for one goal kick/ corner decision teams will expect it for every one, even ones that are close and take a few replays to settle. It would mean games take forever.

Back