WWC: Standard of refereeing

Monkey Hanger

Central Defender
what are thoughts on this. TBF, putting my head on the block, I thought the officials generally, in the games I've watched, have been pretty decent in comparison to what I watched last season in Div 3!

Variable. The one in the Cameroon match wasn't strong enough, but last night's was actually pretty good. Whether she could let quite as much go in a League 1 game is debatable, but in terms of refereeing the match as it was, she did as well as any male ref imo.

Think the referees have been too reliant on VAR to make a decision.

Preconceived. Did you miss the last World Cup when not a single English official was deemed up to the required standard?

Not a single one. The evidence has been there, weekly for the last 20 years
It’s been a source of amazement to me for quite some time now how the purportedly best league in the world has an absolutely abject group of individuals officiating at its games.

Personally think the standard of referees in WWE is crap. I mean they even turn a blind eye to people coming into the ring and hitting folk ower the heed with chairs.

what are thoughts on this. TBF, putting my head on the block, I thought the officials generally, in the games I've watched, have been pretty decent in comparison to what I watched last season in Div 3!

The officiating in the Cameroon game is one of the worst I've seen. If tgey hadn't had VAR it would have been even worse. Absolutely shocking, the referee didn't have a clue.

Back