WTF is that?

It provided water for Edward Thompsons Paper Mill. My brother worked for Edward Thompsons and told me he had to clean it out at odd times. @Keith S30S could enlighten us more on it maybe?

:lol:

The pump house for it got knocked down a few years ago, went down a few hundred feet there's a video on youtube of some urban explorers that got in before it was demolished, not the best demolishion job they basically just filled the hole with the bricks from the pump house.

@TheWanderer a week after the restaurants reopen.
@tunstall birdman 's blue balls.
The restaurants opening will give me a break from eating, going out shopping once a week means the cupboards and fridges are full...while others are doing joe wickes exercise classes or yoga, I’m learning to bake! Turns out I knock up belting cheese scones!!!

Anyways, must dash, BBQ on and I’ve got salt and chilli pork belly to lash on!

The pump house for it got knocked down a few years ago, went down a few hundred feet there's a video on youtube of some urban explorers that got in before it was demolished, not the best demolishion job they basically just filled the hole with the bricks from the pump house.

The top of the shaft had winding gear enclosed in a steel framed building and prevented access. I don’t believe there was a pump-house as the system was gravity fed from the reservoir, down the shaft then a tunnel to the boiler house at Thompson’s Paper Mill.

Me granda had an allotment next to it. As a bairn he would say, dinnit gan in there the's a git big ole. That was the pumphouse next to the reservoir. Then about 35 years on this turned up.

Back