WSM 2018

M

Mick Dundee

The groups have been announced.
Logon or register to see this image

Some interesting pools there. Any of Kearney, Ballsack or Loz could finish 2nd in Group 1 and Group 5 is a complete group of death!

Group 3 is a toughie too - I can’t see Luke Stoltman being anywhere near as close to reaching the finals as he was last year.

I reckon the podium will be:
Thor
Shaw
Licis

Think it'll be a cracking competition. For all Thor won Europe's Kieliszkowski actually won three of the five events there and I think he'll be up there.

Podium for me:

Thor
Kieliszkowski
Shaw

Standings after day 1 according to Startingstrongman on Instagram (three events):

Thor - 26.5
Shaw - 24
Licis - 21.5
Kieliszkowski - 21

Shaw's wife has also given birth to their second child whilst he's in the Philippines.

Kieliszkowski's deadlift letting him down again - second bottom, only beating @Charmless Man 's mate (who got none).

I wonder what happened there, made it out of a very tough group ahead of Hicks and Iron Biby then failed to make a single deadlift in the final!

Saw a video and he didn't really have much of an attempt at the deadlift at all.

Unfortunately Biby dropped out - as far as I've read he's fine but he tested positive for malaria even ahead of the heats.

Back