Wrestling - Part 3

HHH has said there'll be a tribute to the big man on Smackdown tonight.

It does look a decent show on paper with Charlotte vs Bayley, AJ vs Nakamura, Sheamus vs Jeff Hardy, and the mixed tag match involving Sonya and Mandy. There'll obviously be shenanigans in some/most of those to further set things up for Backlash in a few weeks, but pretty much all of those wouldn't actually look out of place on a PPV card.

Does anyone know which family members actively worked against her in the case?
'Martha, Stu and Helen Hart were the plaintiffs against WWE.

With Stu and Helen, it was all about the kids. Bret was 100% with Martha. Keith was pretty much with Martha. Ross tried to be neutral. Diana, because of Davey, and Ellie, because of Jim Neidhart, sided with WWE and they were on Vince’s side.

As I remember, Martha’s lawyers tried to bring the family together by trying to do a thing where they would share in the verdict (they signed an agreement to this effect I guess). This effort was to help poor Stu and Helen, who were old at this point, and even though they were plaintiffs in the case, they didn’t like the fighting in the family and wanted the case to go away.

From the WWE side, you try to seize on that and you try to get them to settle. For a lower figure. Vince and Linda tried to play on the idea that “we are all friends, it was an accident, we’re sorry.” They knew at this point that they would pay a significant amount of money, but it was always a question of how much.

Many of the family wanted to settle with Vince and not to go against Vince. And then Vince hired Davey and Neidhart at this time. Which made things worse. Because now you have people working for Vince.

Ellie, Neidhart’s wife and Natalya’s mother, faxed the aforementioned agreement to Vince, which is probably illegal for her to do, and this nearly destroyed the case and would have ensured Martha got nothing. This action delayed the court date, and it forced a settlement rather than a court case.

They ended up settling for 18 million. I believe, if they had gone before a jury, because of negligence, the settlement would have been closer to 40 million.'

Is anyone buying / streaming the AEW PPV in the early hours of Sunday morning / watching the next day? I think they've done a decent job with it under the circumstances and have managed to put together a decent card on paper. Shame about Britt Baker, looks like she'll be on the shelf for a long time just as she was really coming into her heel role. I guess she'll still be able to do the odd promo / vignette, which were her best stuff.

That was one of the episodes I had on in the background (on YouTube) when I was WFH. Can't remember it being amazing, but I may watch it again more closely now that I have a bit more spare time.

Christ, just seen the Britt Baker match. Didn’t look good at all.

The card for Backlash is perhaps the worst I’ve ever seen from WWE and ive watched it since the 90s

f***ing disgusting how booking has come down to this

Anyone watch the AEW PPV then? really enjoyed it overall that main event was tonnes of fun
Was waiting for someone to bump the thread :lol:

Aye, thought it was really good overall. Main event was class - Sammy is incredible. I thought the Revolt (or Revival) might have got involved to cost the Bucks, but with it going really well, it's probably best in hindsight for them to come in later (assuming they do sign with AEW).

Feel good moment with Shida winning, nice match between MJF and Jingle Boy, and the world title match seemed to be better than a lot were initially expecting.

Pleased to see Cage in, but I'd have rather they held off him cashing it in at the next event, would rather they built it up more. That next event Fyter Fest was originally meant to be in London. Hopefully they'll come back once it is deemed safe to do so.

About time, but WWE are now putting people in the crowd for their shows - NXT wrestlers will be on Raw tonight and Smackdown on Friday. I'm not sure if they will actually be focussing on and zooming in on them like they do in AEW, but anything's better than nothing.

Nia-Charlotte-Natalya triple threat match to determine the #1 contender for Asuka at Backlash. Natalya is blatantly eating the pin, and I'd imagine Nia will get the W. Andrade-Crews for the US title, MVP and Lashley face to face with Drew.

I see the recently released / furloughed Kurt Angle is a special guest referee for a cage match on NXT on Wednesday.

About time, but WWE are now putting people in the crowd for their shows - NXT wrestlers will be on Raw tonight and Smackdown on Friday. I'm not sure if they will actually be focussing on and zooming in on them like they do in AEW, but anything's better than nothing.

Nia-Charlotte-Natalya triple threat match to determine the #1 contender for Asuka at Backlash. Natalya is blatantly eating the pin, and I'd imagine Nia will get the W. Andrade-Crews for the US title, MVP and Lashley face to face with Drew.

I see the recently released / furloughed Kurt Angle is a special guest referee for a cage match on NXT on Wednesday.

I for one am shocked the WWE took someone else's idea ( Thankfully) , stole it for themselves, and made it even worse, it’s like Vince made the crowd in his ideal vision. I honestly am at the point where wwe is not worth watching unless it’s an nxt takeover, AEW has been far superior since it came into existence hopefully they can continue it.

Both shows look really good tonight. There's talk of Riddle moving up to the main roster soon, so it'll be intereting to see how they have the cage match go, assuming it is his last one on NXT.

Both shows look really good tonight. There's talk of Riddle moving up to the main roster soon, so it'll be intereting to see how they have the cage match go, assuming it is his last one on NXT.
Think I read SmackDown for riddle hopefully he can get the casuals behind him on the main roster , gonna watch both shows though.
The revival/The revolt just debuted on AEW

Last edited:
Think I read SmackDown for riddle hopefully he can get the casuals behind him on the main roster , gonna watch both shows though.
The revival/The revolt just debuted on AEW

Just caught up now, enjoyed both shows. Not sure what I think about the Jericho Tyson fued, but it should attract a larger audience for them, and it seems they were very pleased with the DoN buy rate.

A few decent signings by AEW recently, and it'll be interesting to see if they sign any of the main roster WWE talent that were released in mid April, like Rusev, once their 90 day no release clauses end in mid July. I think it is my favourite show out of the 4 I regular watch at the moment, and I think it does seem to have the most momentum. Loved the Britt Baker section :lol:, I hope they keep doing similar until she is cleared.

Last edited:

Back