Wrestling - Part 3

Would you believe that post wasn't there when I posted mine :) Ta.

I was thinking I must have been on ignore or something :lol:. I always use that site to watch AEW on Thursday, rather than having to wait until Friday evening on ITV4. I'll also be relying on it for the Double or Nothing PPV a week on Saturday (or more likely Sunday), so hopefully nothing happens to it before then, ha.

His body has been found. RIP :(
Anyone else up to date with Dark Side Of The Ring? Herb Abrams episode has been my fave so far.
Can't believe they resisted doing one on him in the first series, absolute lunatic.
I actually found the last couple of episodes of Dark Side to be the worst. The Herb one felt like they were struggling for material to me.
Is there a single place I can find these, struggling a bit on youtube.

Have any of you seen the Owen Hart one yet?

Last edited:
Is anyone buying / streaming the AEW PPV in the early hours of Sunday morning / watching the next day? I think they've done a decent job with it under the circumstances and have managed to put together a decent card on paper. Shame about Britt Baker, looks like she'll be on the shelf for a long time just as she was really coming into her heel role. I guess she'll still be able to do the odd promo / vignette, which were her best stuff.
On watching Snuka right now.
That was one of the episodes I had on in the background (on YouTube) when I was WFH. Can't remember it being amazing, but I may watch it again more closely now that I have a bit more spare time.

Last edited:
Is anyone buying / streaming the AEW PPV in the early hours of Sunday morning / watching the next day? I think they've done a decent job with it under the circumstances and have managed to put together a decent card on paper. Shame about Britt Baker, looks like she'll be on the shelf for a long time just as she was really coming into her heel role. I guess she'll still be able to do the odd promo / vignette, which were her best stuff.

How does ITV work with the PPVs? Don't want to watch it live but would watch it over the next day or two. Is it available to watch for a certain period after it's aired? Could I watch it in a couple of sittings?

How does ITV work with the PPVs? Don't want to watch it live but would watch it over the next day or two. Is it available to watch for a certain period after it's aired? Could I watch it in a couple of sittings?

ITV doesn't have the PPVs in the UK anymore with ITV Box Office shutting down earlier in the year. I don't know much about it as I watch via alternative methods, but the official PPV broadcaster for the UK these days is Fite TV - Pro Wrestling Live Streams

It costs $4.99 a month, and I don't know if you need to be an actual subscriber first to be able to buy a one off PPV, but the PPV is $19.99, and you can watch on demand etc. I'm not sure how compatible it is with devices and what not.

ITV doesn't have the PPVs in the UK anymore with ITV Box Office shutting down earlier in the year. I don't know much about it as I watch via alternative methods, but the official PPV broadcaster for the UK these days is Fite TV - Pro Wrestling Live Streams

It costs $4.99 a month, and I don't know if you need to be an actual subscriber first to be able to buy a one off PPV, but the PPV is $19.99, and you can watch on demand etc. I'm not sure how compatible it is with devices and what not.

I've watched the others through alternative methods but would rather do it above board. Fite looks like unlimited replays which suits me, don't want to have to subscribe though.

I've watched the others through alternative methods but would rather do it above board. Fite looks like unlimited replays which suits me, don't want to have to subscribe though.

Hopefully some of the other regular posters will know more and can comment further - someone like @ShieldsBlackCat2015 maybe.

Crazy to think Cody was banging on about how great their ITV deal was about 6 months ago, that soon went sour - no PPVs, and Dynamite on two days later on Friday evening. I don't have FITE as I say (which has Dynamite live), but seek alternatives as that 2 day wait is too long for me. Had it have been 9pm on the Thursday, the equivalent of Impacts deal with whatever channel they are on, Fight Network or something, then I'd just hold off.

It won't happen as it's not massively establised yet and won't draw significant views at the time it's on, but it would be cool if Sky took over the rights with their PPV platform - they were quite invested in the WWE until the Network rendered their PPV channel pretty much useless.

Hopefully some of the other regular posters will know more and can comment further - someone like @ShieldsBlackCat2015 maybe.

Crazy to think Cody was banging on about how great their ITV deal was about 6 months ago, that soon went sour - no PPVs, and Dynamite on two days later on Friday evening. I don't have FITE as I say (which has Dynamite live), but seek alternatives as that 2 day wait is too long for me. Had it have been 9pm on the Thursday, the equivalent of Impacts deal with whatever channel they are on, Fight Network or something, then I'd just hold off.

It won't happen as it's not massively establised yet and won't draw significant views at the time it's on, but it would be cool if Sky took over the rights with their PPV platform - they were quite invested in the WWE until the Network rendered their PPV channel pretty much useless.

I still watch Dynamite on ITV. Waiting a couple of days isn't too bad and often don't get round to it until nearly a week later anyway. It was supposed to be up by 7pm on the Thursday originally but gave up on that ever happening after a couple of weeks. Would rather it didn't go to Sky as I'd rather support the product by watching on the approved broadcaster and there's no chance of me getting Sky.

I still watch Dynamite on ITV. Waiting a couple of days isn't too bad and often don't get round to it until nearly a week later anyway. It was supposed to be up by 7pm on the Thursday originally but gave up on that ever happening after a couple of weeks. Would rather it didn't go to Sky as I'd rather support the product by watching on the approved broadcaster and there's no chance of me getting Sky.

It normally wouldn't bother me either, especially under normal circumstances like going to work and then having the PL Darts or Europa League to watch on Thursday evening, I could easily hold off, but with so much more time on my hands now, and with wrestling being pretty much the only sport / sports entertainment that carried on from early March to mid May (and beyond in most cases), my interest has increased significantly, plus I am on social media a lot more, and do like to listen to a wrestling podcast when going on a walk, so it's almost impossible to avoid what's going on, therefore I watch NXT (recorded on BT) on Thursday morning and then will find an AEW stream after that.

Quite looking forward to the stadium thing. Will be interesting to see what pots they pull off.

It normally wouldn't bother me either, especially under normal circumstances like going to work and then having the PL Darts or Europa League to watch on Thursday evening, I could easily hold off, but with so much more time on my hands now, and with wrestling being pretty much the only sport / sports entertainment that carried on from early March to mid May (and beyond in most cases), my interest has increased significantly, plus I am on social media a lot more, and do like to listen to a wrestling podcast when going on a walk, so it's almost impossible to avoid what's going on, therefore I watch NXT (recorded on BT) on Thursday morning and then will find an AEW stream after that.

Quite looking forward to the stadium thing. Will be interesting to see what pots they pull off.

I manage to avoid any spoilers easily enough. It used to be this thread that would spoil things but it's so quiet these days.

I manage to avoid any spoilers easily enough. It used to be this thread that would spoil things but it's so quiet these days.

It really is. I guess that's generally reflected in the declining WWE ratings, but this thread used to always be on the first page. To be honest, I primarily quoted those 4 on post 32,368 about Dark Side of the Ring just to get a bump to be able to discuss the AEW PPV as I was the last poster and wouldn't be able to bump the thread for 2 days :lol:

You ruled out any help from me the moment you suggested AEW go to Sky. It would render AEW out of reach to me and those who supported AEW on the back of the ITV coverage and the only way I could see Dynamite is through those wrestling streaming sites which have multiple promotions on them.

Back