Wrestling - Part 3

I have to say AEW have impressed me. Watched the first couple of dynamite shows and it's got a great 97 Nitro vibe. Felt good to have a commentary team making it sound like we were watching serious athletes.

As for the WWE....no surprise at all it's in the gutter. I've been saying it for years. All the fans who stood by and accepted Cena, Reigns, The f***ing New Day, Jinder Mahal, FanfuckingDango etc have only themselves to blame.

Watching now, it's a quality match they beat the shit out of each other and both looked strong.
Not sure how janela is still alive after all these mental spots he does.
I can't stand Joey Janela or Omega.
Janelas class man, I love my hardcore matches though, think Kenny just needs to learn to do promos better he's a top notch wrestler probably was the best in njpw but has dropped of now.

Janelas class man, I love my hardcore matches though, think Kenny just needs to learn to do promos better he's a top notch wrestler probably was the best in njpw but has dropped of now.

I listen a lot to Jim Cornette and he hates both of them, for very valid reasons.

Personal choice of course but I absolutely hate hardcore wrestling, it's pointless. If I want to see people kicking shit out of each other with blood everywhere then I'll watch UFC. What Janela and Jimmy Havoc (fuck me he is shocking btw) do is not entertaining, not to me anyways.

I listen a lot to Jim Cornette and he hates both of them, for very valid reasons.

Personal choice of course but I absolutely hate hardcore wrestling, it's pointless. If I want to see people kicking shit out of each other with blood everywhere then I'll watch UFC. What Janela and Jimmy Havoc (fuck me he is shocking btw) do is not entertaining, not to me anyways.
I understand its all down to preference, mind jimmy havoc has actually got better over the year wrestling with mlw so hopefully he can improve more, I like Jim cornettes shoots mind always entertaning to watch but I think he's still stuck in the past eras.

I can completely understand why a wrestling fan might dislike Janela, but why Omega?
Its class that watched it when he signed with AEW to see who he was.

I can completely understand why a wrestling fan might dislike Janela, but why Omega?

I just find his matches very hard to buy into. I was really looking forward to seeing what he'd be like in AEW but his matches in those original AEW PPVs were all really poor I thought. I just don't enjoy him as a character. I can see his value in-ring though, he's very capable. Just not a massive fan of his.
I understand its all down to preference, mind jimmy havoc has actually got better over the year wrestling with mlw so hopefully he can improve more, I like Jim cornettes shoots mind always entertaning to watch but I think he's still stuck in the past eras.

Its class that watched it when he signed with AEW to see who he was.

Jimmy Havoc is just awful. Skinny, pale, balding, crap promos - what's there to like? He's like something off a backyard wrestling show from the late 90s. I'm amazed that he's been on national TV as often as he has.

Last edited:
I just find his matches very hard to buy into. I was really looking forward to seeing what he'd be like in AEW but his matches in those original AEW PPVs were all really poor I thought. I just don't enjoy him as a character. I can see his value in-ring though, he's very capable. Just not a massive fan of his.

You like what you like. Just to check, you've seen his trilogy with Okada right?

Cornett hates him I believe for some of the gimmick matches omega did ie wrestling a 9 year old girl and when he fought a blow up doll.
But Cornett is a fat hateful bully who is stuck in the 80s wanking over 20 minute headlock matches while spanking himself with a tennis racket before sending death threats to vince RUSSO and fast food workers so what can you do.

Cornett hates him I believe for some of the gimmick matches omega did ie wrestling a 9 year old girl and when he fought a blow up doll.
But Cornett is a fat hateful bully who is stuck in the 80s wanking over 20 minute headlock matches while spanking himself with a tennis racket before sending death threats to vince RUSSO and fast food workers so what can you do.

I actually like Cornette, and a lot of what he says logically makes sense. Unfortunately for him, I alike most modern wrestling fans really like Omega, the Bucks etc.

Russo is an idiot.

Cornette is the most sensible bloke commentating on wrestling today. He calls it as it is, no bullshit. That aggravates some people but if more wrestling bookers and performers took his advice the entire landscape of the profession would be better off for it. I think his comments on AEW are perfectly fine - the biggest criticism you can perhaps level at them is that they've seemingly done a lot of people on the indie scene a huge favour by getting them contracts that they would have had no chance of finding elsewhere.

The likes of Marco Stunt, Brandon Cutler, Dark Order, Chuck Taylor, Jack Evans & Angelico, Riho, Janela and Jimmy Havoc should be nowhere near a wrestling company that wants to be taken seriously as a major player in the TV industry, and that's a fact. They scream INDIE and nobody will take any of them seriously on such a huge platform.

Just watched NWA Power show #1

Does it get better? Felt a bit plastic and shite tbh. Yeah, its got that old vibe about it, but it was just too "thin"

Back