Wrestling - Part 3

Yet Linda Mcmahon donated 18 million to a trump campaign and wwe were classed as essential business the very same day :evil:

Linda McMahon is not on the books of WWE any more, from what I remember.

Also, yes WWE was classed as essential in Florida, however, it can still only have a limited number of people at the Performance Centre for taping at any one time.
With no revenue coming in from Live Event ticket sales etc, why would WWE keep paying all of these wrestlers a downside guarantee to not be used.

Since it's the same for the entire business and very limited Indy shows running (if any), it's more than likely this is temporary and those that want to be signed again will be signed.

Hadn't watched for a few months and turned it on before Wrestlemania to see Sarah Logan howling like a wolf and immediately thought 'yeah that's not gonna work'.

It is my opinion that pro wrestling has so much more freedom now since the demise of WCW and ECW. More promotions that ever before seem have started since they were bought by WWE and more seem to be doing better. They are getting loads more airtime. They are getting better talent than ever before. Wrestling seems be of a better level. All than it probably would have in the 80's and 90's when WWE and WCW ruled. They would never have been able to do what they are doing now.

Impact Wrestling/GFW got started and despite a dip in form (mainly during the Hogan/Bischoff era) fans on here seem to think they are better now.

All Elite Wrestling (AEW) has took off and almost immediately achieved what so many only dreamed of on the first night of AEW: Dynamite. Huge crowds and top-notch talent mixed with up and comers and talent that were great but never got that break.

And then there is National Wrestling Alliance (NWA). From a governing body of territorial promotions it has become a promotion in it's own right boasting some good names I think like James Storm, Eli Drake and Nick Aldis. It is also worth noting that if you wanted to know where Sean Mooney went to after his WWF days look no further.

There is even something called MLW (Major League Wrestling) Fusion. I don't know what to make of that. Looks OK.

All of these promotions have TV airtime or good access for fans at no cost. Impact is on 5Star. AEW is on ITV. MLW Fusion is on FreeSports. NWA Powerr has a YouTube Channel. And of course WWE is on throughout Channel 4.

It is my opinion that pro wrestling has so much more freedom now since the demise of WCW and ECW. More promotions that ever before seem have started since they were bought by WWE and more seem to be doing better. They are getting loads more airtime. They are getting better talent than ever before. Wrestling seems be of a better level. All than it probably would have in the 80's and 90's when WWE and WCW ruled. They would never have been able to do what they are doing now.

Impact Wrestling/GFW got started and despite a dip in form (mainly during the Hogan/Bischoff era) fans on here seem to think they are better now.

All Elite Wrestling (AEW) has took off and almost immediately achieved what so many only dreamed of on the first night of AEW: Dynamite. Huge crowds and top-notch talent mixed with up and comers and talent that were great but never got that break.

And then there is National Wrestling Alliance (NWA). From a governing body of territorial promotions it has become a promotion in it's own right boasting some good names I think like James Storm, Eli Drake and Nick Aldis. It is also worth noting that if you wanted to know where Sean Mooney went to after his WWF days look no further.

There is even something called MLW (Major League Wrestling) Fusion. I don't know what to make of that. Looks OK.

All of these promotions have TV airtime or good access for fans at no cost. Impact is on 5Star. AEW is on ITV. MLW Fusion is on FreeSports. NWA Powerr has a YouTube Channel. And of course WWE is on throughout Channel 4.

MLW have their own youtube channel as well. That's where I watch it every week. They've got some good talent there. Davey Boy Jr, Jacob Fatu, Alex Hammerstone, Low Ki, Pillman Jr. Tom Lawlor and King Mo are both there too for any old mma fans here. And MJF was there until very recently as well.

I've got friends that only watch WWE and they do absolutely nothing but talk it down, to the point I've no idea why they still watch. The first woman's Royal Rumble was the last 'main roster' WWE event I watched. The way the end of that match went was the end of me with them. There's an abundance of very good wrestling shows out there. ROH and NJPW on top of the above, that I also regularly watch.

MLW have their own youtube channel as well. That's where I watch it every week. They've got some good talent there. Davey Boy Jr, Jacob Fatu, Alex Hammerstone, Low Ki, Pillman Jr. Tom Lawlor and King Mo are both there too for any old mma fans here. And MJF was there until very recently as well.

I've got friends that only watch WWE and they do absolutely nothing but talk it down, to the point I've no idea why they still watch. The first woman's Royal Rumble was the last 'main roster' WWE event I watched. The way the end of that match went was the end of me with them. There's an abundance of very good wrestling shows out there. ROH and NJPW on top of the above, that I also regularly watch.

I forgot about ROH and NJPW.

Thought it was a really good episode of Smackdown to be honest, the best empty show arena to date. Great promo from Sonya, who suddenly becomes more relevant - hope that's the start of a push for her.

Also really intrigued by the MITB matches at the corporate HQ rather than the performance centre - think there's a lot of potential there.

Anyone listen to Sean Oliver's Kayfabe Podcast? I quite like it.

Shame he doesn't seem to run any Shoot interviews with Kayfabe Commentaries any more. They were definitely the best ones out there, especially the timeline series.

From what I can gather everyone was just sharing it without paying so it was no longer working out financially

Anyone listen to Sean Oliver's Kayfabe Podcast? I quite like it.

Shame he doesn't seem to run any Shoot interviews with Kayfabe Commentaries any more. They were definitely the best ones out there, especially the timeline series.

From what I can gather everyone was just sharing it without paying so it was no longer working out financially

speaking of which, is there anyway to watch the full timeline videos without paying for it? And also not the highlights shite on YouTube.

speaking of which, is there anyway to watch the full timeline videos without paying for it? And also not the highlights shite on YouTube.

Only way would be downloading via torrents mate.

In all honesty he's released all the content for $15 a month. When you have a free month ;) sign up and hammer through it and then cancel KC Vault | Watch Online Videos for Just $14.99
It's worth the money alone for just a few timeline reviews on there. Much more insightful than most content on the network.

On his podcast he interviewed the guy from vice who made dark side. Didn't realise he gave him a list of episodes which they should make

The last day or two I have had the pleasure of watching Monday Night Raw, NWA Powerr, Impact! Wrestling, AEW: Dynamtite and MLW: Fusion Super Series (MLW vs AAA) though I am yet to see in full ROH. All of them seem decent IMHO.

It would be an epic move if any of the released WWE talent ended up in the other companies. I would love if Drake Maverick/Rockstar Spud ended up with NWA. They already have Brits Nick Aldis, Marty Scurll, Bad News Barrett and that guy who used to be in Impact! Wrestling.

Last edited:

Back