Wrestling - Part 3

At least Raw signed off from Sky with a bit of style.

After ex spouses turned up to try to stop the wedding, it turned out to be Lana the Lesbian when her girlfriend came in. Rusev then appeared out of a giant cake and Bobby and Lana ended up in it

Tessa Blanchard has just blown her career after calling for women to stick together on social media. Instead the women who worked with her highlighted bullying and racist incidents and spectators confirming xenophobic behaviour.

For once Impact are the main talking point.

Watched a couple of Smackdowns and Raw since they've switched to BT sport and been bored to tears - mostly by Smackdown, Raw was a little better. Thought maybe I'd just grown tired of wrestling, but watched AEW and in the same week and enjoyed all of it. WWE seems to be going down the shite cartoony route that nearly put itself out of business.

Last edited:
All her own fault that it blew up so spectacularly. Putting out a sneering message about women on the eve of her title fight, knowing what she had done when getting to where she is, was never going to end well.

Hadn’t watched any wrestling since Cena beat HHH at Wrestlemania (22?) but decided to do this 1 month trial of the network and watch it from when I first started, the build up to Unforgiven 2000.

its mainly all still brilliant to watch even now, The Rock, Stone Cold etc are brilliant and I understand some of the more lewd angles etc i was too young to get when watching it on a friday/saturday night on sky sports 20 years ago

but fuck me, I didnt remember Jerry The King being such a cringey annoying cunt

Hadn’t watched any wrestling since Cena beat HHH at Wrestlemania (22?) but decided to do this 1 month trial of the network and watch it from when I first started, the build up to Unforgiven 2000.

its mainly all still brilliant to watch even now, The Rock, Stone Cold etc are brilliant and I understand some of the more lewd angles etc i was too young to get when watching it on a friday/saturday night on sky sports 20 years ago

but fuck me, I didnt remember Jerry The King being such a cringey annoying cunt
I cannot recommend OSW Review enough, start at episode 1 and work your way through.
Its a gift from god if you're an old school wrestling fan, and like hearing daft lads rip the absolute piss.

From about half way through, they're on youtube (once WWE got onboard and realised its good for everyone), but they have their own website

Maybe watch a recent one to get the feel? But starting from the beginning is ace.

At least Raw signed off from Sky with a bit of style.

After ex spouses turned up to try to stop the wedding, it turned out to be Lana the Lesbian when her girlfriend came in. Rusev then appeared out of a giant cake and Bobby and Lana ended up in it
I get the feeling that whatever they had planned for Liv has been scrapped, she just came back and will just be relegated back down the card once this blows over, could be wrong like ;)

Royal rumble tonight. Only time I watch it these days, rumble and mania. Hopefully be a link for the repeat kicking about tomorrow.
Same here really.
Mind, just put this week's raw on just to see the built up to the rumble, and f***ing Big Show just turned up !
Watching Raw, and listening to Heyman. Got me thinking, has anyone made a Berocca Lesnar meme yet?

Last edited:
Rumble is usually the worst of the big 4 events.

The men's event is usually the same tired formula - A few NXT Rookies, 1 or 2 veterans, Kofi doing his spot, a few jobbers and then a few big lads. They've done that since about 2016 and it's boring at this stage now :D

Will be watching it anyhow.

My winners are.
Ronda for womens, Lesnar for mens

I do predict Keith Lee will be bringing the hype to the masses, he's shit hot on NXT right now and the RR is the perfect event for it.

Rumble is usually the worst of the big 4 events.

The men's event is usually the same tired formula - A few NXT Rookies, 1 or 2 veterans, Kofi doing his spot, a few jobbers and then a few big lads. They've done that since about 2016 and it's boring at this stage now :D

Will be watching it anyhow.

My winners are.
Ronda for womens, Lesnar for mens

I do predict Keith Lee will be bringing the hype to the masses, he's shit hot on NXT right now and the RR is the perfect event for it.

Yeah Roman Reigns looked good at Survivor Series and then followed it up at the Rumble at the start of his big push. Don't rule out Lee winning it. Having the Rumble winner on NXT would see it kill AEW in the ratings.

Back