Wrestling - Part 3

Would say it was nothing to do with AEW.

At end of the day, Heyman led Smackdown during its glory days and its currently on a massive decline.
And with Stomping Grounds declared as an absolute disaster viewing wise and commercially - The venue had a capacity of 12,500 and it sold 4000 tickets. Their negotiating power with broadcasters was on course for a massive plunge.

Something had to be done, get rid of the stupid wildcard rule would be a start

Atleast things aren't as bad as Impact.
Last week the channel aired the wrong episode, this week the channel has been told by American Cable operators that their channel is getting de-listed so Impact will be showed to... Absolutely no one.

Would like to see them go to Twitch, the Online gaming streaming service, they get about 20,000 viewers when they air their repeats so I imagine if Twitch had exclusivity they'd get a platform atleast.

Atleast things aren't as bad as Impact.
Last week the channel aired the wrong episode, this week the channel has been told by American Cable operators that their channel is getting de-listed so Impact will be showed to... Absolutely no one.

Would like to see them go to Twitch, the Online gaming streaming service, they get about 20,000 viewers when they air their repeats so I imagine if Twitch had exclusivity they'd get a platform atleast.
I said ages ago that TNA should go to Youtube. They'd have a global audience, and make ad revenue on the platform.

I said ages ago that TNA should go to Youtube. They'd have a global audience, and make ad revenue on the platform.

Youtube is corrupt as fuck, they change their ad revenue whenever they like because that's the terms you sign up to.
Twitch is contractual therefore safer.

Youtube is corrupt as fuck, they change their ad revenue whenever they like because that's the terms you sign up to.
Twitch is contractual therefore safer.
But the audience for Youtube is 1,000 times more.

They should use their "TV" shows to promote PPVs. That's the "normal" model. Who cares if the TV show makes zero money?

But the audience for Youtube is 1,000 times more.

They should use their "TV" shows to promote PPVs. That's the "normal" model. Who cares if the TV show makes zero money?

1000 times more? It's not even 20% more.

Youtube stands at 180 million users monthly
Twitch stands at 140 million

Even typing right now Twitch has over 2 million live stream viewers, Youtube doesn't even have 7 figures. I even mentioned 2 PPV's ago that WWE have started putting the PPV pre-shows on Twitch too because that's where all the $$ is.

If you log on at a silly time of night you will find these daft Mexican Indie Wrestling companies with 5 digit viewer numbers making small profit margins from their shows from Twitch so it does work, just the big boom hasn't happened yet because WWE don't need Twitch as they have their own service.

Last edited:
On YouTube, I’ve been watching MLW on there for a while now, really since Jim Cornette took over on comms. They have some talent on there, some decent matches, it’s a solid show for free. Some laughs, ooo’s and ahhh’s.

MJF, Pillman Jnr, Teddy Hart, Davey Boy Jnr, Austin Aries, Von Erich’s, Jacob Fatu...a lot of names.

Back