Wrestling - Part 3

Good Mania overall just think they are a bit too long now though and he puts matches in odd orders which dont make sense. Match of the night by far was Bryan Kofi and they booked it less then halfway in to the event. Cannot remember a Mania with so many title changes like which was a nice change and kept you invested. Worst thing now is all the kick outs to finishers in every match. Just destroys the product offering. Look at the kick outs in the Shane and Batista matches. Im sure at one point Batista kicked out of a powerbomb into the steel steps followed by an immediate pedigree and was up like 5 seconds later with a counter haway man:lol:

Pretty much every title changing hands

Good Mania overall just think they are a bit too long now though and he puts matches in odd orders which dont make sense. Match of the night by far was Bryan Kofi and they booked it less then halfway in to the event. Cannot remember a Mania with so many title changes like which was a nice change and kept you invested. Worst thing now is all the kick outs to finishers in every match. Just destroys the product offering. Look at the kick outs in the Shane and Batista matches. Im sure at one point Batista kicked out of a powerbomb into the steel steps followed by an immediate pedigree and was up like 5 seconds later with a counter haway man:lol:

Aye the kick outs are daft but it's the impacts of indie wrestling where they no sell everything

Really enjoyed last night but have a feeling Vince won’t be doing 7 hour shows again.

Main Event was so flat because crowd was either so burnt out or were actually leaving - It was 12:15 local time when it finished and the last train out of NYC was at 12:30

Left as soon as the last match finished and managed to get in the first train back. Got back to hotel about half one.
Oh cool. I made the mistake of trying to get an Uber first. Shambles.

I actually left once the main event started and missed it as I wanted to get away.....

Really enjoyed last night but have a feeling Vince won’t be doing 7 hour shows again.

Main Event was so flat because crowd was either so burnt out or were actually leaving - It was 12:15 local time when it finished and the last train out of NYC was at 12:30
The HHH match took a lot of the momentum out of the crowd too.

Last edited:

I thought it was a bit shit. The whole bollocks of people coming out half way down the ramp got me way more annoyed than it should've.

The womens triple threat should've gone on half way through IMO.

I thought it was a bit shit. The whole bollocks of people coming out half way down the ramp got me way more annoyed than it should've.

The womens triple threat should've gone on half way through IMO.
It's been coming for years that they'd have Rowsey in the main event. Just one of those things really. They've done it now.....

16 matches and they couldn't fit Kevin Owens, Andrade, Harper or Braun shows how badly over-inflated the roster is.

It's like they said "We have 15 matches already but we'll throw the others with the jobbers on the pre-show"

Last edited:
A major reason the PPVs go on too long is the brand split.

Each brand having its own set of titles obviously doubles the number.

You've got nine titles and that's with a shared women's tag, and doesn't even include 205.

Just the title matches alone would be more than enough for a PPV.

And it devalues the belts as well. The minor belts are almost utterly meaningless.

And even the top belts, for me both Kofi and Rollins wins are not as impacful or meaningful as back when there are was a single champ? Which one of them reached the pinnacle, who is now the top guy?

By logic the match they should now both want and everyone should be calling for is a unification, but it won't even be mentioned.

But anyways I was happy just seeing Alexa Bliss in multiple different outfits.

It's only Wrestlemania and Summerslam which go over the standard 3 hours?
I'd hate to see the state of the product if it didn't have a brand split... If it took 7 and a half hours to show off 32 different superstars, imagine what a standard RAW show would look like....

They've tried the brand specific PPV's already, but the RAW ones weren't even close to selling out

Last edited:
The problem is the booking though isn't it. As far as I can tell,novody wants to see shit like Batista-HHH. I certainly don't have any interest in the best stunt man in the world doing his annual jump off a high thing match,so these days you are always left with the actual talent that people want to see being burried somewhere.

The problem is the booking though isn't it. As far as I can tell,novody wants to see shit like Batista-HHH. I certainly don't have any interest in the best stunt man in the world doing his annual jump off a high thing match,so these days you are always left with the actual talent that people want to see being burried somewhere.

Unpopular opinion but last night made me feel HHH is well and truly past it, even his multi million dollar entrance was a bit shite, match itself was very slow and lethargic

RR suffers the most from this.
It's literally the same shit every year - A few complete jobbers, a few well known NXT people, a few Hall of Famers, Kofi doing his acrobatic save, then the big names right at the end

The show itself was actually very well paced for a 7 hour show imo. There was ne Rock coming out taking half an hour just to tell us what the attendance was although they did bring out R Truth after the 7 hour mark which is a bit like pissing on someone who's dying in the desert, it was very painful even if it lasted a few minutes :D

Each brand having its own set of titles obviously doubles the number.

You've got nine titles and that's with a shared women's tag, and doesn't even include 205.

Just the title matches alone would be more than enough for a PPV.

And it devalues the belts as well. The minor belts are almost utterly meaningless.

And even the top belts, for me both Kofi and Rollins wins are not as impacful or meaningful as back when there are was a single champ? Which one of them reached the pinnacle, who is now the top guy?

By logic the match they should now both want and everyone should be calling for is a unification, but it won't even be mentioned.

But anyways I was happy just seeing Alexa Bliss in multiple different outfits.
Agree with pretty much all that. All you need for titles is.....
World Heavyweight Championship
Womens Championship
Men's Tag
Womens Tag
US title (SD)
IC Title (Raw)
Cruiserweight title (205)
7 belts seems like a reasonable number.

Back