Wrestling - Part 3

They are running their first official PPV in a 17,000 capacity arena, Impact couldn’t dream of doing that.

I hope they fill it! My question is why couldn't Impact? They had much bigger stars and a fantastic show around 2007-2010. They need a TV deal, is HBO sniffing?

Kenny is key in my opinion. I think he is going to sign with AEW. I think that there is a Slim chance AJ might go there too.

I hope they fill it! My question is why couldn't Impact? They had much bigger stars and a fantastic show around 2007-2010. They need a TV deal, is HBO sniffing?

Kenny is key in my opinion. I think he is going to sign with AEW. I think that there is a Slim chance AJ might go there too.

I really like Impact, but if you put them in a 17,000 arena currently they would struggle to fill 10% of it. In 2007-2010 they were filling decent sized arenas, unfortunately Hogan and Bischoff WCW'D it and the rest is history. They were at one point they were close to becoming a legitimate threat to WWE, but chronic mismanagement fucked it up massively. In it's current state they just do not have the financial backing to do anything like AEW can, they are a completely different kettle of fish altogether.

That was the first segment of Smackdown, his psycho-eco-warrior patter. He had the good grace to say how shite the merch was, too. When that finished, I went to bed. The rest of the show was never going to match Daniel Bryan walking through the audience and calling fat lazy blokes impotent to theor faces.

Best thing he's done, this heel turn.
I hope that I'm wrong but it will be no bigger than ROH or TNA.

Will definitely be seen as bigger than RoH a year or so from now, the main ticket sellers from RoH are the people running it, actually see RoH being the ones to take the biggest hit. Impact were seemingly trying to sell themselves to AEW too. I think when we get past Wrestlemania season we'll see them play their cards with lots of names contracts coming up, company working agreements etc

Reports are that Kenny turned down WWE. If he signs with AEW(which it looks like is happening), NJPW will want to do business/exchange talent as they do not want Kenny to leave.

I love how things are coming together.

Surely AEW will just hemorrhige money if they even try to touch a load of top stars. Already seen Cody say his contract was worth more than WWE & they seem to be paying men & woman equally. Can't see the Khans sticking it out too long.

Surely AEW will just hemorrhige money if they even try to touch a load of top stars. Already seen Cody say his contract was worth more than WWE & they seem to be paying men & woman equally. Can't see the Khans sticking it out too long.

Woman should only be paid the same if they draw the same, simple. I have the same argument regarding football with some of the beta males on here, they do not seem to quite understand.

They will hemorrhage money getting it up and running. The TV and merch deal will be key in ensuring that does not happen.

Woman should only be paid the same if they draw the same, simple. I have the same argument regarding football with some of the beta males on here, they do not seem to quite understand.

They will hemorrhage money getting it up and running. The TV and merch deal will be key in ensuring that does not happen.

Don't the boys like the young bucks sell their own merch?

Anyone watching Takeover UK tonight? Think Dunne will retain, Walter will be in the crowd and Grizzled Young Vets will take the tag titles. Got a feeling we might see a heel turn from Bate or Seven with one of them attacking the other if they lose as well.

They (AEW) have signed Pac who was Neville in the WWE and they have loads of other young up and coming stars so I don't think AEW will go the way of Impact Wrestling during the Hogan/Bischoff era where they splash money on over-the-hill ex top talent they cannot afford.

The entire NXT UK Crowd calling out Vince, and he responded on Twitter.

Ever since Finn Balor came out the crowd were just in a complete frenzy.

If it weren't for Timezones I think he would of brought a major PPV back to the UK by now, I think it crosses his mind everytime an event is held in the UK and it will again tonight.
Costings shouldn't be an issue, it'd sell out Wembley or the Millennium, it's whether it'd outweigh costs potentially lost back over the Atlantic

If it weren't for Timezones I think he would of brought a major PPV back to the UK by now, I think it crosses his mind everytime an event is held in the UK and it will again tonight.
Costings shouldn't be an issue, it'd sell out Wembley or the Millennium, it's whether it'd outweigh costs potentially lost back over the Atlantic

What's happened?

Nothing.

Just NXT fans with the "Are you watching" song because the product is so much better.

What happens when you have ages to plan matches with multiple agents ect. Revival used to look great in NXT. Get to main roster and they're nowt, benefitting massively from the FTR stuff. Multiple examples.

Nothing?

What was Vince’s tweet then?

Back