Wrestling - Part 3

Great match.
Bryan match of the night for me
Really? wow.

Even from the intro, I knew exactly what they were booking. The commentators were saying things like "This isn't even a fair match" before Brock's entrance!
So it was obvious that Brock would come in, hit 27 suplexes at walking-pace, and the commentry team would continually call for the match to be stopped.
And it was also obvious that they'd booked a kayfabe-shattering comeback where absolutely none of the damage from the last 10 minutes would be remembered.
Even when Bryan was on offence, it was Roman-Reign's-esq. Running knee after Running knee. And a couple of ring post spots. Fuck me, how dull???

It was just awful. They tried to find a way to put of them over, and failed horribly. They both looked boring, rather than impressive.

Eh, why? It’s not the 90’s anymore, some of the best wrestlers on the planet at the minute are women.
I get that women's wrestling is much improved, but almost every time I say "ok, I'll give it another go", its like an entire episode of botchamania. Hell, the only reason we got that specific match was due to a massive potato-shot breaking someone's eye socket.

But yeah, it was a very good match, and I was pretty surprised by the real hardcore stuff at the end. I'm sure Ronda signed up for the welts on her body, but I bet she wasn't impressed by the whopper shot to her ear - massive cauliflower and cut on it. Ouch.
Should be a class Mania rematch though. Or maybe HIAC?

Really? wow.

Even from the intro, I knew exactly what they were booking. The commentators were saying things like "This isn't even a fair match" before Brock's entrance!
So it was obvious that Brock would come in, hit 27 suplexes at walking-pace, and the commentry team would continually call for the match to be stopped.
And it was also obvious that they'd booked a kayfabe-shattering comeback where absolutely none of the damage from the last 10 minutes would be remembered.
Even when Bryan was on offence, it was Roman-Reign's-esq. Running knee after Running knee. And a couple of ring post spots. Fuck me, how dull???

It was just awful. They tried to find a way to put of them over, and failed horribly. They both looked boring, rather than impressive.

I get that women's wrestling is much improved, but almost every time I say "ok, I'll give it another go", its like an entire episode of botchamania. Hell, the only reason we got that specific match was due to a massive potato-shot breaking someone's eye socket.

But yeah, it was a very good match, and I was pretty surprised by the real hardcore stuff at the end. I'm sure Ronda signed up for the welts on her body, but I bet she wasn't impressed by the whopper shot to her ear - massive cauliflower and cut on it. Ouch.

Think it has to be WM like (it will headline as well.) Got a feeling we will get a Becky and Charlotte v Rousey and Baszler match and/or possibly the MMA horsewomen v WWE horsewomen in the build to it. The problem is now that Ronda is going to get booed out of the building every time she comes up against Becky at least, and possibly Charlotte as a bi product of it. It's a shame because Rousey is working her arse off but it was always going to happen when they put her against Lynch, she's the most over act in the company by a mile.

Think it has to be WM like (it will headline as well.) Got a feeling we will get a Becky and Charlotte v Rousey and Baszler match and/or possibly the MMA horsewomen v WWE horsewomen in the build to it. The problem is now that Ronda is going to get booed out of the building every time she comes up against Becky at least, and possibly Charlotte as a bi product of it. It's a shame because Rousey is working her arse off but it was always going to happen when they put her against Lynch, she's the most over act in the company by a mile.
AH, I meant a HIAC at Mania. Canny WM headline I guess

Really? wow.

Wasn't obvious to me mate. Was watching it with my pal and we were both saying 'ah can't believe they're squashing D Bry must be why they took the belt off AJ'. Thought they were hammering home the dominance of RAW because they'd been talking about the clean sweep all night. He F5 & pinned him too so thought that was that. Obviously suspected a comeback when he let him up but really enjoyed it. Half believed Brock would tap. I bought into it hook line & sinker. Really enjoyed it as I say, was fun being a wrestling fan.

Anar what you're saying about the suplexes & it being boring and repetitive but to me its just as boring when you're watching the NXT show (for example) & they're trying to pull off big spot after big spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah wwe creative team "lets just cross out Becky and put Charlotte name on the script instead......perfect" this is why I stop watching.

Got WrestleMania tickets. Proper excited like.

I've only ever been to 2 WWE shows previously and both of those were house shows in Newcastle.

Our lass is about as excited to go as I would be to watch Mojo Rawleys greatest hits

Takeover was amazing as well. How f***ing good was Ciampa V Dream. Gonna take some beating for MOTY for me

I'm not a wrestling fan, used to love it back in the day, but I wouldn't mind going with my brother and nephew (who loves it) in the coming years. Do they announce the venue years in advance, or is it a year by year basis? Don't suppose it would ever leave USA / Canada either?

Becky v Asuka v Charlotte headlining TLC.

So that's Charlotte pinning Asuka which starts Becky's path to facing Ronda at WM so. It'll be a great match nonetheless.

I see that NXT,Raw and SmackDown tickets around Wrestlemania weekend go on presale tomorrow .

I caught the first 40 mins of RAW last night and its one of the worst things I've watched. Be lucky to sell out wrestlemania this year with that shite booking

Last night's RAW broke October's RAW record for the lowest ever ratings.

Even the YouTube highlights were boring never mind watching the fucker.

I watched first 40 mins. Cancelled my series link and went to bed. It was that bad.

Last night's RAW broke October's RAW record for the lowest ever ratings.

Even the YouTube highlights were boring never mind watching the fucker.

No surprise, it’s unwatchable at the minute and has been for ages. They’ve finally turned Ambrose heel and what do they do? Dress him up as Bane. I’m absolutely sure Dunne and Vince are just on a wind up now to see how bad they can make it before Vince fucks off to focus on the XFL. Can’t wait for AEW to get up and running.

I caught the first 40 mins of RAW last night and its one of the worst things I've watched. Be lucky to sell out wrestlemania this year with that shite booking
I'm quite far behind at the minute, but they sold out WrestleMania pretty quickly . Much faster than Orlando and New Orleans,where you could get tickets directly pretty much a few days before.

It's going to be hard to get Raw and NXT tickets....

Back