Wrestling - Part 3

Raw's rating is now down to 2 million. Wrestling is utterly irrelevant today...what an absolute travesty.

I haven't watched Raw for months, and Smackdown has started to go the same way. NXT is top out of the three brands and has been for a long time imo. The sooner Vince drops production to Trips the better, or they need to stop being stubborn bitches and open up to the possibility of cross overs with other brands. All In was immense, but throw in some lower card WWE wrestlers and it would have been better.

Embarrassing the way they're selling out to the Saudi market

5 day gap between the Saudi event and the Women's evolution event.

The latter isn't politically motivated ofcourse :D

I don't mind the Saudi events, their King is not as insane as your typical islamist hardliners and I reckon he will eventually allow women to compete in sports, but the fact WWE are doing stuff like women only PPV's and putting Young on commentary to try and justify it all is cringy as hell.

5 day gap between the Saudi event and the Women's evolution event.

The latter isn't politically motivated ofcourse :D

I don't mind the Saudi events, their King is not as insane as your typical islamist hardliners and I reckon he will eventually allow women to compete in sports, but the fact WWE are doing stuff like women only PPV's and putting Young on commentary to try and justify it all is cringy as hell.
Don't hold your breath. He's certainly not his father, but there is absolutely no chance women will ever be able to be competetive in any Islamic theocracy.

I haven't watched Raw for months, and Smackdown has started to go the same way. NXT is top out of the three brands and has been for a long time imo. The sooner Vince drops production to Trips the better, or they need to stop being stubborn bitches and open up to the possibility of cross overs with other brands. All In was immense, but throw in some lower card WWE wrestlers and it would have been better.
I really don't get the HHH love in...he is part of the overall problem and malaise with WWE. Vince, Dunn, Stephanie and HHH have conspired between themselves to ruin pro wrestling.

When it reigns it bores for a lot of people I would imagine. Football is also back on on Monday nights
The Monday night football red herring has been debunked ad nauseum mate. There is no correlation whatsoever between the two.

Thing is this time last year they were easily hovering around 3 million even with football on.

I'd say the biggest reason is the fact they've dragged the same feuds on for months now on both brands.
Miz/Bryan
Joe/Styles
Seth/Ziggler
Reigns/Braun
These all started well before Summerslam and we're into October now!

Tag divisions doing well on both brands and Becky Lynch with gold on the blue brand trashing Charlotte about has changed it up alot but everything else has been the same for months now and you have great wrestlers such as KO and Almas stuck in the midcard just doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff when they should be far higher up the card.
I think the main problem is the complete watering down of what is supposed to be simulated combat. Stephanie and her PC SJW mission has reduced the show to an embarrassment and a dirty little secret for millions of fans who have now just fucked off and left it.

We've gone from the Nation of Domination to the New Day in less than a generation ffs. Vince has abandoned the most loyal part of his fan base.. 30+ men..and turned it into a kids show. This is the result we see before us now. Embarrassing scripts, cringeworthy dialogue and grown men dressed as unicorns.

Last edited:
Dear Lord, I've just had the misfortune if watching Raw and Smackdown from last week. There's nobody defending Vince still is there?

This is without doubt the nadir of professional wrestling.

I happened upon some old Raw and Smackdown episodes from the late 90s and early 00s this weekend and even though they were completely random, they were across the board on another level to anything served up in the last year or two.

Personally I really hate the brand split. Obviously you have to suspend disbelief to watch pro wrestling and having this artificial divide just makes it lose authenticity. Surely we want to know in any sport who is 'the' champion. The obvious clamour when you have two champions is for them to fight each other, but in WWE world Styles and Reigns have to act like they don't know each other exist.

It was funny in those old shows just how much impact the women had on it and how much buzz they generated. Their main role in those days was to look as absolutely smoking hot as possible and be put in compromising situations, but the crowd (and the King) would pop like crazy for them. Those days are long gone and they'll never go back to that approach, but its interesting how the women added something different to the show then, whereas now it's just more of the same as what the men do (and even though there are some good performers the matches are rarely above average).

Even though the ratings are terrible they must be doing something right, the share price is doing phenomenally well.

Only 2,140,000 viewers for Monday, an increase of just 70,000.

Turns out DX aren't the answer for the ratings either.

Lack of Cena killing ratings.

SD next week will surely go above 3 mill with the Rock appearing

Lack of Cena killing ratings.

SD next week will surely go above 3 mill with the Rock appearing

I'd be surprised if The Rock is the biggest draw.. Edge cameo and Rey Mysterio vs Nakamura main event I suspect will be the biggest draws. The hourly breakdown will be interesting.

WWE could be involved in a political shitstorm very soon.

The US journalist who was Anti-Saudi who got lured into the Saudi embassy in Turkey and got assassinated by Saudi's - All American firms could be told to pull out of Saudi by the White House, which include WWE events in Saudi

Last edited:
I see its all kicking off over Saudi Arabia. Lucky WWE off to do a PPV in the progressive nation this month

I see its all kicking off over Saudi Arabia. Lucky WWE off to do a PPV in the progressive nation this month
They have removed all mentions of Saudi Arabia from their promotional stuff so it might be moved?. So glad Mysterio is back as I missed someone looking like a bairn in a mask jobbing out people 2/3 times his size so that is now 2 wrestlers to fast-forward for me,

Back