Wrestling - Part 3

Next year’s Mania confirmed for MetLife stadium NY/ NJ
Oh is that what the press conference was . awesome,its like 15 minutes from my flat,seems like I'm going to my third Mania in a row.....Should be good for the indie guys too,loads of venues in the NYC area, although might be spread out .

I see they are using the Barclays Centre for the other stuff . That's a bit of a trek,I guess it sounds cooler than the Prudential Centre on Newark.

Oh is that what the press conference was . awesome,its like 15 minutes from my flat,seems like I'm going to my third Mania in a row.....Should be good for the indie guys too,loads of venues in the NYC area, although might be spread out .

I see they are using the Barclays Centre for the other stuff . That's a bit of a trek,I guess it sounds cooler than the Prudential Centre on Newark.

I went five years ago in the MetLife and did SummerSlam in the Barclays last year and preferred the latter. Staying in Manhattan it just seemed a bit of a trek out to NJ and the queues to get on the trains back to NY were a nightmare - obviously it was still awesome to go and I wouldn’t mind doing it again next year. Think the Raw and SD were in the Izod next to the MetLife that time (or whatever it may be called now), I never went as Fleetwood Mac were on in the Garden the same night.

Why do they never opt for MSG for Raw/ SD anymore? Always seems to be the Barclays now when they go there with Live events going in the Garden like tonight.

Either way it’ll be good next year. A wrestling week in NYC is quality.

I went five years ago in the MetLife and did SummerSlam in the Barclays last year and preferred the latter. Staying in Manhattan it just seemed a bit of a trek out to NJ and the queues to get on the trains back to NY were a nightmare - obviously it was still awesome to go and I wouldn’t mind doing it again next year. Think the Raw and SD were in the Izod next to the MetLife that time (or whatever it may be called now), I never went as Fleetwood Mac were on in the Garden the same night.

Why do they never opt for MSG for Raw/ SD anymore? Always seems to be the Barclays now when they go there with Live events going in the Garden like tonight.

Either way it’ll be good next year. A wrestling week in NYC is quality.
I can imagine the queues,that's the thing with out of town stadiums isn't it. I would and will get an Uber somewhere to avoid that....

Oh right. The arena at the Meadowlands would make sense,but it's not exactly glamorous either .

The real part of last year in Orlando that I enjoyed was all of the other events and the people on the streets. Wrestlecon too. Won't be like that with an out of town stadium like here.

I imagine the Garden is a lot more expensive,to hire and set up. I thought they might have had the 25th Anniversary of Raw there mind.

PS I'm going to SummerSlam this year too. Definitely better actual experience in a smaller venue,but it's the whole buildup to WM that made me want to go back.

Think I might be doing mania again next year, want to tick of New York of my list so either mania or this year's Summerslam makes it somewhat convenient

Definitely looking at doing Mania next year. Flights to JFK via Heathrow aren't too expensive and should get a decent seat for less than $300.

I can imagine the queues,that's the thing with out of town stadiums isn't it. I would and will get an Uber somewhere to avoid that....

Oh right. The arena at the Meadowlands would make sense,but it's not exactly glamorous either .

The real part of last year in Orlando that I enjoyed was all of the other events and the people on the streets. Wrestlecon too. Won't be like that with an out of town stadium like here.

I imagine the Garden is a lot more expensive,to hire and set up. I thought they might have had the 25th Anniversary of Raw there mind.

PS I'm going to SummerSlam this year too. Definitely better actual experience in a smaller venue,but it's the whole buildup to WM that made me want to go back.

Definitely this. The buzz around Brooklyn on the Sunday was quality. There’s a bar, ironically, called McMahon’s just down the street from the Barclays Centre and it was jam packed with fans, wrestling theme songs being played, people dressed up (was a group of four dressed as the club AJ/ Balor/ G&A who were brilliant going around ‘too sweet’ing everyone with the AJ guy getting everyone involved by shouting “what do we all enjoy doing?” To which the rest of the bar would shout “beat up John Cena!” :lol:). Little stuff like that is what made it better than mania out in New Jersey while actually being able to get a drink prior. One thing that my mania experience out there has going for it is we met the Rock upon his arrival, but I don’t see why if you were over at the Barclays early enough - and not wanting a beer - you couldn’t meet some of them there when they arrive. Both are/ were great but SummerSlam just edged it for me.

Think I might be doing mania again next year, want to tick of New York of my list so either mania or this year's Summerslam makes it somewhat convenient

As above and as you’ll already know, the mania experience is great but i preferred the intimacy of the arena for the event itself, and the pre event drink up around the Barclays as opposed to drinking around MSG then getting the train from there out to NJ and waiting for gates to open to drink inside (was $10 a pint in MetLife five years ago/ $13 a pint in Barclays last year :eek:). I do wish I was going to NO in a few weeks mind. I bet it’ll be quality along Bourbon Street Saturday night / Sunday afternoon.

Definitely this. The buzz around Brooklyn on the Sunday was quality. There’s a bar, ironically, called McMahon’s just down the street from the Barclays Centre and it was jam packed with fans, wrestling theme songs being played, people dressed up (was a group of four dressed as the club AJ/ Balor/ G&A who were brilliant going around ‘too sweet’ing everyone with the AJ guy getting everyone involved by shouting “what do we all enjoy doing?” To which the rest of the bar would shout “beat up John Cena!” :lol:). Little stuff like that is what made it better than mania out in New Jersey while actually being able to get a drink prior. One thing that my mania experience out there has going for it is we met the Rock upon his arrival, but I don’t see why if you were over at the Barclays early enough - and not wanting a beer - you couldn’t meet some of them there when they arrive. Both are/ were great but SummerSlam just edged it for me.

As above and as you’ll already know, the mania experience is great but i preferred the intimacy of the arena for the event itself, and the pre event drink up around the Barclays as opposed to drinking around MSG then getting the train from there out to NJ and waiting for gates to open to drink inside (was $10 a pint in MetLife five years ago/ $13 a pint in Barclays last year :eek:). I do wish I was going to NO in a few weeks mind. I bet it’ll be quality along Bourbon Street Saturday night / Sunday afternoon.
Aye,I'm looking forward to New Orleans. I think the thing about WrestleMania is it's a week long thing and not just the event it's self. I had a great time last year in Orlando,even if Mania it's self wasn't as intimate or engaging because it was a stadium.

Can't wait to get out there now. Getting the packing started weekend after next. Where's everyone staying then? We're in Embassy Suites Hilton Convention Centre

Can't wait to get out there now. Getting the packing started weekend after next. Where's everyone staying then? We're in Embassy Suites Hilton Convention Centre
Very cool,how long are you going for?

I'm there Wednesday to Wednesday and staying near "the Museum of Death" and the Ritz in an Airbnb.

Very cool,how long are you going for?

I'm there Wednesday to Wednesday and staying near "the Museum of Death" and the Ritz in an Airbnb.

Doing Tuesday to the Wednesday. I'll be in colours so if you hear a Norn Iron accent in a Sunderland top pissed then that's me haha.

Doing Tuesday to the Wednesday. I'll be in colours so if you hear a Norn Iron accent in a Sunderland top pissed then that's me haha.
Same. Interspersed with a blue,yellow or green one.

I still have two tickets NXT to sell,but other than that it's coming together. If the Bruce Pritchard tickets are still available,I might go to that.

Back