Wrestling - Part 3

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ronda Rousy v Charlotte Flair headlines mania

Sounds about right. It's the match everyone wants to see behind Styles vs Nakamura

You can tell WM34 is gonna be about 7-8 hours long again.
Rousey vs Flair
Styles vs Nakamura
Bliss vs Asuka
Lesnar vs Reigns
Both brand tag matches
US title match
Intercontinental title match
Cruiserweight match
Any filler matches
Andre the Giant Battle Royale.

They both share the 'Rowdy' nickname so she was given his jacket as a blessing but it looked about 5 sizes too big.

I don't think she's ever used a mic before too so she definitely benefit by having Paul Heyman beside her

If she's such a big star and it's such a big deal then why is she using someone else's logo and jacket?

Sounds about right. It's the match everyone wants to see behind Styles vs Nakamura

Rousey vs Flair
Styles vs Nakamura
Bliss vs Asuka
Lesnar vs Reigns
Both brand tag matches
US title match
Cruiserweight match
Any filler matches

Taker v Cena
Angle v Jordan

1. Who the hell is that bloke that won the RR?
2. After the retirement of The Rock and Stone Cold there has been nobody remotely close to the same league as these two for entertainment. I haven’t watched wrestling weekly since about 2003 but for good reason

Rousey vs Flair
Styles vs Nakamura
Bliss vs Asuka
Lesnar vs Reigns
Both brand tag matches
US title match
Cruiserweight match
Any filler matches

Going by what storylines and current champs there are I'd go with something like...
Rousey v Flair (c)
Brock (c) v Roman v Braun
Styles (c) v Nakamura
Triple H v Kurt Angle
Asuka v Bliss (c)
Shane/Cena/Orton v Owens/Zayn/Bryan (Bryan kept out of the match only to really kick Shane's head off, and a means of getting Cena/Orton on the card)
Miz (c)w/Miztourage v Balor w/The Club
Roode (c) v Rusev
6 man ladder cruiserweight title - Rey Mysterio Jr wins
Seth Rollins v Jason Jordan
-- Preshow --
Andre Battle Royale
The Usos(c) v Harper/Rowan
The Bar (c) v The Revival

Long day for anyone there like, and pretty much every title changes hands :lol:

Last edited:
Going by what storylines and current champs there are I'd go with something like...
Rousey v Flair (c)
Brock (c) v Roman v Braun
Styles (c) v Nakamura
Triple H v Kurt Angle
Asuka v Bliss (c)
Shane/Cena/Orton v Owens/Zayn/Bryan (Bryan kept out of the match only to really kick Shane's head off, and a means of getting Cena/Orton on the card)
Miz (c)w/Miztourage v Balor w/The Club
Roode (c) v Rusev
6 man ladder cruiserweight title - Rey Mysterio Jr wins
Seth Rollins v Jason Jordan
-- Preshow --
Andre Battle Royale
The Usos(c) v Harper/Rowan
The Bar (c) v The Revival

Long day for anyone there like, and pretty much every title changes hands :lol:

Cena is facing Taker

Hmm I’m not sure what to make of it. I was totally against the women’s match main eventing but in the end it justified it and was far and away the best match of the night. Obviously with RR appearing it had to go last as it wouldn’t have had the same impact at the beginning of the show.

Unfortunately the rest of the card suffered because of it. The wwe title match going on first is criminal. Didn’t think much of the match itself either with neither Shane or Bryan involved and not the longest of matches - still intrigued as to where this heads.

SmackDown tags should have been good and I thought it was going to be the length of time it took for the first fall to be secured. After that fall though it was hideously booked and ruined the match.

Men’s rumble has been earning a lot of praise but I didn’t like it at all if I’m being honest. Booking again was puzzling. For example when Elias came out and had a free run to sing etc why wasn’t Cena the next entrant? Bray entered. Took a couple out and had a moment to stand waiting for the next entrant and it wasn’t Matt Hardy (yes they had their bit eventually but still). Again not enough surprises. The rumble is all about surprises and the two were Hurricane which was entertaining and bloody Rey who I never liked anyway! Im not a massive Nakamura fan since he moved up to the E so was not particularly thrilled to see him win and even less so with the final three of him + Roman and Cena. I’d be more invested in Naka winning it if him and AJ were closing mania. I do believe they could/ should have a brilliant match and it should close mania. A ‘dream wwe title match’ but it’ll go on about fourth and dive no doubt just to accommodate Roman...again. I don’t know. It probably was better than recent rumble matches, maybe I’m just being a bit too pessimistic - at least it got the crowd up rather than Roman winning it I will say.

The next two matches were awful because of the rumble being there though. Crowd were spent. I hated the fact Sheamus Cesaro and Seth were in the Rumble despite still having to compete. Three spots could have gone on surprise entrants. Looks like we’re heading to Seth and Jordan down the road somewhere with it. Universal match was terrible. You knew it was going to be like it was but it was just awful for me - minus the knee to the head and legitimate punch to the face :lol:

Women’s rumble was excellent. Lots of surprises and some good stuff and booking in there. Yeah there were a couple of botches but they (the women) worked hard. Sasha looked great from number one. As did Trish who looked as though she could still do it - really enjoyed hers and Mickie’s face off. Asuka a predictable winner and shame about the bit of a botch finish but it was really really good. Rousey appearance decent minus all the sign pointing :lol:

I don’t suppose it was a bad event in relation to some despite me not liking it as much as others but the match order definitely hindered it. The rumbles should have book ended it. Men/ SmackDown tags/ Raw tags/ title/ universal/ women would have worked better.

Last edited:
Hmm I’m not sure what to make of it. I was totally against the women’s match main eventing but in the end it justified it and was far and away the best match of the night. Obviously with RR appearing it had to go last as it wouldn’t have had the same impact at the beginning of the show.

Unfortunately the rest of the card suffered because of it. The wwe title match going on first is criminal. Didn’t think much of the match itself either with neither Shane or Bryan involved and not the longest of matches - still intrigued as to where this heads.

SmackDown tags should have been good and I thought it was going to be the length of time it took for the first fall to be secured. After that fall though it was hideously booked and ruined the match.

Men’s rumble has been earning a lot of praise but I didn’t like it at all if I’m being honest. Booking again was puzzling. For example when Elias came out and had a free run to sing etc why wasn’t Cena the next entrant? Bray entered. Took a couple out and had a moment to stand waiting for the next entrant and it wasn’t Matt Hardy (yes they had their bit eventually but still). Again not enough surprises. The rumble is all about surprises and the two were Hurricane which was entertaining and bloody Rey who I never liked anyway! Im not a massive Nakamura fan since he moved up to the E so was not particularly thrilled to see him win and even less so with the final three of him + Roman and Cena. I’d be more invested in Naka winning it if him and AJ were closing mania. I do believe they could/ should have a brilliant match and it should close mania. A ‘dream wwe title match’ but it’ll go on about fourth and dive no doubt just to accommodate Roman...again. I don’t know. It probably was better than recent rumble matches, maybe I’m just being a bit too pessimistic - at least it got the crowd up rather than Roman winning it I will say.

The next two matches were awful because of the rumble being there though. Crowd were spent. I hated the fact Sheamus Cesaro and Seth were in the Rumble despite still having to compete. Three spots could have gone on surprise entrants. Looks like we’re heading to Seth and Jordan down the road somewhere with it. Universal match was terrible. You knew it was going to be like it was but it was just awful for me - minus the knee to the head and legitimate punch to the face :lol:

Women’s rumble was excellent. Lots of surprises and some good stuff and booking in there. Yeah there were a couple of botches but they (the women) worked hard. Sasha looked great from number one. As did Trish who looked as though she could still do it - really enjoyed hers and Mickie’s face off. Asuka a predictable winner and shame about the bit of a botch finish but it was really really good. Rousey appearance decent minus all the sign pointing :lol:

So I don’t suppose it was a bad event but the match order hindered it. The rumbles should have book ended it. Men/ SmackDown tags/ Raw tags/ title/ universal/ women would have worked better.

Stand back, there's a hurricane coming through. Women's rumble was good for nostalgia like

Just skimming through it again on the Network, anybody else hate Michael Cole and wish he'd fuck off? Didn't grasp me how annoying he is when I was watching it live.

Forgot about Hurricane. Hope he comes back and works the Woken angle even just for a little bit, god only know it needs it.

Last edited:

Rousey vs Flair
Styles vs Nakamura
Bliss vs Asuka
Lesnar vs Reigns
Both brand tag matches
US title match
Cruiserweight match
Any filler matches

I would add cena vs Daniel Bryan to that list. I can see this coming from the Bella twins in the rumble last night

I thought Sasha and Becky were really nervous in the ring last night. It was all just takedowns and clotheslines until Lita and the NXT lass came in and started flying everywhere which picked the match up. Do think Becky botched her exit which we’ll never find out.

The mens was satisfactory, last few years weve had some shocking Rumbles, this one was average so not to be given shite again was a relief -
Slater, Elias, Hardy and Hurricane the notable good bits

Back