Wrestling - Part 3

Was absolutely perfect, was expecting Joe to take the fall for Lesnar so that surprised me. Strowman was amazing, came across like an absolute mega star. Lesnar/Strowman & Cena/Reigns for Mania next year please

Also the Smackdown tag on the preshow was top notch, really really good. Those are the only two matches I'd go out of my way to watch if people havent already ( skipped Balor/Wyatt & the Raw tag title match so dunno what they were like )
The Raw Tag title match was very good. Bálor/Wyatt would've been better had we not already seen it on Raw last week.

Yes but Lesnar is a monster! Yes he got beat one on one against Goldberg in 86 seconds, then humiliated at Royal Rumble (2nd time was complacency too) but I still believe he can beat 3 men all better than Goldberg! I like how Lesnar does not put the work in if he feels it is not worth his rare occasional time like with Ambrose.
he learned his lesson about being complacent though... by being exactly that against Samoa Joe.

The Raw Tag title match was very good. Bálor/Wyatt would've been better had we not already seen it on Raw last week.

I've no interest in watching Wyatt and his usual bull shit, I watched the entrances then skipped to the finish. The whole Balor demon thing is bollocks as well, what does it even mean? he just paints his face and crawls around :lol:

Might check out the Raw tag match later not a massive fan of Ambrose and Rollins I can usually leave but if it was good I'll give it a watch. Cesaro & Sheamus are great though, hear Cesaro dove into the crowd and ripped up a beachball to stop the mo n gs playing

It went pretty much as expected really, the only surprise in the entire card was Jinder winning. The RAW card was far superior than the Smackdown one with the exception of the US title match.

The booking however was pretty shit, the event may aswell been named Jobberslam with all the big mid-carders getting buried to fuck - Rusev, Wyatt and Corbin.

The 3 biggest highlights of the event was definitely the Main Event, RAW Tag Belts, and Cesaro going off-script dashing into the WWE crowd to confiscate the beachball

Good main event and Styles V Owens was class but the ppv as a whole was a disaster. Takeover yet again blew the main rosters effort out of the water.

Wouldn't say it was a disaster like. Just it's a different product to cater to more audiences.

Look what they can do with time, the Usos vs New Day match was very good. The usos were getting pelters off everyone this time last year for being shite.

Wouldn't say it was a disaster like. Just it's a different product to cater to more audiences.

Look what they can do with time, the Usos vs New Day match was very good. The usos were getting pelters off everyone this time last year for being shite.

Different doesn't mean good though, and it was not good, at all.

Corbin v Cena was poor, Naomi v Natalya was also poor, Cass v Big Show was f***ing horrendous and Balor v Wyatt was bang average. Absolutely no point whatsoever in Rusev v Orton either, it was just just really disappointing. Summerslam is meant to be the biggest PPV behind Mania and if that's the best they can come up with I despair.

Completely forgot about Nakamura v Jinder, and that's because it's exactly what it was, forgettable.

Last edited:
If it wasnt a 6 hour show pretty much then it would have been better no doubt, was the Jinder/Nakamura as shit as I'd imagine it to be? forgot I skipped to the finish of that after the entrances too

Also poor Enzo he died a f***ing death out there with his promo, they just didnt care about him what so ever

Different doesn't mean good though, and it was not good, at all.

Corbin v Cena was poor, Naomi v Natalya was also poor, Cass v Big Show was f***ing horrendous and Balor v Wyatt was bang average. Absolutely no point whatsoever in Rusev v Orton either, it was just just really disappointing. Summerslam is meant to be the biggest PPV behind Mania and if that's the best they can come up with I despair.

Completely forgot about Nakamura v Jinder, and that's because it's exactly what it was, forgettable.

The orton and cena moments are clearly for the kids to get a feel good moment. Don't really think there's much too Naomi or Bray Wyatt past their entrances so I don't focus on their matches anarl

I've no interest in watching Wyatt and his usual bull shit, I watched the entrances then skipped to the finish. The whole Balor demon thing is bollocks as well, what does it even mean? he just paints his face and crawls around :lol:

Might check out the Raw tag match later not a massive fan of Ambrose and Rollins I can usually leave but if it was good I'll give it a watch. Cesaro & Sheamus are great though, hear Cesaro dove into the crowd and ripped up a beachball to stop the mo n gs playing
I'm a big fan of Finn and I think the Demon's great for a cool entrance and the paint looks cool, but I know what you mean, there's very little differing leather jacket Finn from Demon Finn in terms of move-set. I think the only difference to his regular matches was that last night he was out cold then just quickly stood up while Wyatt was doing his crab walk thing for the finish. He should've have just squashed him in 2 minutes.
Bray's just a waste of space. If he wins a match, it means nothing as he's too damaged to gain anything from it, and if he loses it doesn't really help who beats him because he always loses.

I was annoyed the crowd started throwing a beachball about during that tag match mind, if they were garna do it could they not have done it during Big Show vs Big Cass?

The orton and cena moments are clearly for the kids to get a feel good moment. Don't really think there's much too Naomi or Bray Wyatt past their entrances so I don't focus on their matches anarl

Burying two young wrestlers for kids to get a "feel good moment" is extremely poor booking though and damaging to the product.

Burying two young wrestlers for kids to get a "feel good moment" is extremely poor booking though and damaging to the product.

You're looking too much into it. Come Tuesday everyone will have moved on from it.

The Cena stuff was also to punish Corbin for being a dick on twitter apparently.

Aye whey he had that argument with Mr.Japan. Be interesting to know if that's why he lost his case.

Rusev wants to leave apparently

Corbin has heat backstage from what I've heard which explains him losing his MITB chance and then losing clean last night, he didnt really do anything in the match apart from shout at the crowd to shut up even when they were deathly silent :lol:

The treatment of Rusev is baffling though he's great

You're looking too much into it. Come Tuesday everyone will have moved on from it.

I'm not though, if it was just a one off fair enough but Rusev has been booked like shit for months and months on end and he is one of the best talents they have. If the booking in general was good it wouldn't be an issue, but it isn't it's terrible and things like that just make it worse.

Corbin has heat backstage from what I've heard which explains him losing his MITB chance and then losing clean last night, he didnt really do anything in the match apart from shout at the crowd to shut up even when they were deathly silent :lol:

See him on the NXT pre show? Was getting pelters off the live crowd :lol:

I'm not though, if it was just a one off fair enough but Rusev has been booked like shit for months and months on end and he is one of the best talents they have. If the booking in general was good it wouldn't be an issue, but it isn't it's terrible and things like that just make it worse.

Booking on smackdown in general has been okay imo. I get your point on rusev but unfortunately they haven't really had anything for him since he dropped his US title to Cena. Got a lot of talent on the roster and only so much time unfortunately. At least he made the card.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back