Wrestling - Part 3

I've just watched the Cornett Table for 3, and one of the short clips they show of Nitro was of Doink the Clown in WCW. I've never seen this before, and I was completely of the thought that's Doink was strictly a WWF character. Am I wrong?

I've just watched the Cornett Table for 3, and one of the short clips they show of Nitro was of Doink the Clown in WCW. I've never seen this before, and I was completely of the thought that's Doink was strictly a WWF character. Am I wrong?
I think Matt Osborne wrestled some matches as Doink in ECW as well before starting the Borne Again gimmick.

According to Wiki he created the gimmick so he must have had freedom to use it wherever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doink_the_Clown

Last edited:
I don't know who is in charge of SmackDown and NXT but the character development is way better than RAW I think. The New Day, Breezango, The Uso's, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Orton...the superstars on SD just seem to be better than on RAW and in NXT there is Bobby Roode as NXT Champion, Hideo Itami and loads of others. And Eric Young seems pretty over in NXT since moving from TNA to WWE.
Can't believe you just mentioned the words new day, breezango and character development in the same sentence.

Breezango are f***ing class mind.
Yep, just like Bayley. You still think she's massively over with the crowd by the way?

It's not supposed to be fun.
That's exactly what the 6 million viewers that have abandoned ship would likely say too......

Its interesting because the best segments and hottest angles are always the ones that are the aboslute antithesis of 'fun' ....

Brock and Joe for example (which I've called for a long time) is exactly what the proper fans want and will help draw folk back to the show. Genuine anticipation of two bad asses colliding, old school build up, suspension of disbelief....something you would have no qualms showing your mates!

Because that is what wrestling is nowadays whether you want to admit it or not. A once great but now embarrassing show that caters only to the ever dwindling fan base that remains. It does nothing to draw the casual fan or new fans back in to the product.

How many people on here could honestly say that they would happily show their non-wrestling mates footage of wrestling teddy bears, grown men dressed as unicorns playing trumpets, Breezango ffs without having the pissed ripped out of em.

More than ever, being a fan of sports f***ing entertainment is now something you pretty much keep to yourself. My frustration is that there's so much talent on offer that it shouldn't and needn't be like this.

Last edited:
Yep, just like Bayley. You still think she's massively over with the crowd by the way?

That's exactly what the 6 million viewers that have abandoned ship would likely say too......

Its interesting because the best segments and hottest angles are always the ones that are the aboslute antithesis of 'fun' ....

Brock and Joe for example (which I've called for a long time) is exactly what the proper fans want and will help draw folk back to the show. Genuine anticipation of two bad asses colliding, old school build up, suspension of disbelief....something you would have no qualms showing your mates!

Because that is what wrestling is nowadays whether you want to admit it or not. A once great but now embarrassing show that caters only to the ever dwindling fan base that remains. It does nothing to draw the casual fan or new fans back in to the product.

How many people on here could honestly say that they would happily show their non-wrestling mates footage of wrestling teddy bears, grown men dressed as unicorns playing trumpets, Breezango ffs without having the pissed ripped out of em.

More than ever, being a fan of sports f***ing entertainment is now something you pretty much keep to yourself. My frustration is that there's so much talent on offer that it shouldn't and needn't be like this.

Go away. Your patter is shite

Haven't watched any form of WWE for like 5 weeks now other than the YouTube highlights as I had lost complete interest in it and they even managed to make the Joe/Lesnar Brawl shite, was just a watered down copy/paste of the Lesnar/Taker brawl :D

Will give MITB a try tonight, have a feeling they'll have Orton lose in his home-state in a heel fashion just to heel push Jinder even further

Wwe twitter said 6 divas in the ladder match?

Brie modeeeee? (D bry at smackdown Tuesday).

Good choice of MITB winner. I suspect he'll be holding that for quite a while until atleast after WWE have toured India in late Autumn.

The duel with AJ showed that Nakamura doesn't need a belt to bring crowds so I'm glad they resisted giving it to him.

Back