Wrestling - Part 3

If you don't mind mate, how much did the wrestlemania trip set you back? Is there a website that does packages with travel and accomodation all in one? It's a bit of a pipe dream for me at the minute like.

You can get travel packages that give you everything - tickets for NXT, Mania, Axxess, HOF, RAW plus accommodation but they are extortionate. You are paying about $500 more for convenience of not having to stress on ticketmaster. To be fair, the tickets will be better than where I was but in a stadium that big, it's only worth it if you are in first 10 rows.

I paid $200 for Mania ticket, $20 for NXT, $80 for RAW and $50 for Axxess. Didn't bother with HOF, but they were about $60. So you've got about $400 and we paid about $90 a night for hotel B&B for 5 nights, so did it all for less than a grand (in $$). Think cheapest package was about $1500.

It's up to you about how you go about things, but if you aren't too arsed about where to sit, then do what I did and just get what you can on ticketmaster on release day. You can be a bit more selective for Mania as there's obvs a lot more tickets, likes of RAW/NXT just take what you can get as it's all about being there innit?

It's not a cheap trip by any means but the whole experience was incredible. No one does it like WWE, everything seemed like a big deal. All of Dallas was just pure WWE with fan parties all over the place and special themed menus, cocktails etc. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before. Get saving for the one in New Orleans...you'll thank yourself when you're sat in somewhere like the Dome. Cowboys Stadium is just mind boggling...makes likes of Wembley look like a Netto Stadium

Would be happy to see the back of reigns but Cenas work last year on smackdown has been excellent.

@Tman87 how you much paying marra

I was at Wrestlemania last year and the boos when Reigns won were deafening - litterally 3/4 of the crowd absolutely livid. Didn't really come over as loud when I came back and watched it on network. Crowd shit all over the big finale though.
I'm gonna have to do Wrestlemania next year or the year after. Getting to the point now where I'll go on my own if I have to.

I'm gonna have to do Wrestlemania next year or the year after. Getting to the point now where I'll go on my own if I have to.

It's not as daft as you might think to go solo. I didn't personally, but loads of people do it, people organise meet ups and all sorts over there for people like that. You end up becoming quite pally with those you stand in queues with or get on bus to venues with. It's hard to explain, but there's a bit of comaraderie between those who are there as you're all there for same thing. I met people from the States, Canada, Scotland, Germany, Australia and South Africa. People there old and young all having a mint time...one of the best 4 or 5 days of my life. If you can do it, please please do. Probably the most expensive 5 days I've ever had when you tott up flights, accommodation, tickets and merch (I went ridiculous at the various merch stores) but it's worth every single penny. Do it!

@Tman87 how you much paying marra

None of these are exact numbers and bare in mind I've had to use secondary markets for NXT and Raw, still plan to add Wrestlecon and Axxess to this.

Flights+hotel (7 nights, I know, I know...) £920
Wrestlemania £260
Raw £140
Smackdown £55
An audience with JR and Friends £25
Nxt takeover £80
Hall of fame £80
Wrestlecon opening show with JR, Sting and Ric Flair q&a £30

So about £1600 currently, add travel to all events, likely visits to Access, Wrestlecon, maybe universal, travel between places and merchandise will be closer to £2000. Got a fair bit of money to take with us saying that.

It's not as daft as you might think to go solo. I didn't personally, but loads of people do it, people organise meet ups and all sorts over there for people like that. You end up becoming quite pally with those you stand in queues with or get on bus to venues with. It's hard to explain, but there's a bit of comaraderie between those who are there as you're all there for same thing. I met people from the States, Canada, Scotland, Germany, Australia and South Africa. People there old and young all having a mint time...one of the best 4 or 5 days of my life. If you can do it, please please do. Probably the most expensive 5 days I've ever had when you tott up flights, accommodation, tickets and merch (I went ridiculous at the various merch stores) but it's worth every single penny. Do it!
If New York doesn't come off then ill be booking flights at the earliest opportunity. Hopefully.

None of these are exact numbers and bare in mind I've had to use secondary markets for NXT and Raw, still plan to add Wrestlecon and Axxess to this.

Wrestlemania £260
Raw £140
Smackdown £55
Nxt takeover £80
Hall of fame £80

So about £1600 currently, add travel to all events, likely visits to Access, Wrestlecon, maybe universal, travel between places and merchandise will be closer to £2000. Got a fair bit of money to take with us saying that.

The JR shows are excellent by the way.

NXT last year was the highlight. Such a hot crowd - American Alpha winning titles got one of loudest pops I'd ever heard. Until the Sami/Nakamura match. Incredible.

Wrestlemania £260
Raw £140
Smackdown £55
Nxt takeover £80
Hall of fame £80

JR show still going to be on?

Never been a Cena fan but I think the past 18 months have been his best, ever since he feuded with Kevin Owens he went up from there.
Don't like it when he's in the Main-Event slot as the matches usually go in precisely this order - 20 finishers in a row, 'Cena's out' 1, 2, 'Cena's kicked out at 2' then wins.

The Co-Main Event slot / In a feud but not for the world title has been where's been most entertaining and should stay there

Never been a Cena fan but I think the past 18 months have been his best, ever since he feuded with Kevin Owens he went up from there.
Don't like it when he's in the Main-Event slot as the matches usually go in precisely this order - 20 finishers in a row, 'Cena's out' 1, 2, 'Cena's kicked out at 2' then wins.

The Co-Main Event slot / In a feud but not for the world title has been where's been most entertaining and should stay there

Agree, with the exception of this angle with Miz, who I do like a lot, but the angle has been absolutely AIDS

Agree, with the exception of this angle with Miz, who I do like a lot, but the angle has been absolutely AIDS

I'm enjoying the angle to be honest, some of the promo's have been excellent. It's a throwaway match which is what a part timer (which Cena is now) should be doing at an event like WM, and it's 100% just being used as a way for Cena to propose to Nikki, but Cena and Miz's mic work has made it fairly enjoyable to watch.

I'm no where near Cena'a biggest fan but he can put on a hell of a match when he wants to. The ones with KO were classics and the one with CM Punk on RAW (I think) where he did a hurricanrana were outstanding.

In New York while SummerSlam is on but failed miserably in getting tickets which is a bummer. Ticketmaster was a shambles on Saturday trying to get them. Will keep my eye on stubhub over due course but already gritting my teeth at some of the prices on there.

Went to mania in New York / New Jersey and it was incredible so hopefully manage to get slam tickets - has potential to be just as good with being in an arena

His matches with AJ have been phenomenal (no pun intended) as well.

Those are the type of matches I was talking about which I hate.. Seeing finishes repeated and countered over and over again isn't a good match imo. Defeats the point of a 'finisher'

It's a common occurence when Cena is in a Main Event match, you don't see it when he's lower down the card hence why he's much easier to watch

Last edited:

Back