Wrestling - Part 3

Why did Stevie Richards never make it to the next level in the business?
Never rated him close to being a top guy but you could argue that for as alright as he might have been he had Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kane, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar, RVD, John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista and many others above him in that next level of the business.

Not really a surprise. Cena is one of the greatest of all time in fairness.

Just need to look at everything he's done and the audiences he's reached
Wow.... The audiences he's reached? His run on top has coincided with the biggest drop off in viewership and live attendances in the company's history man.
He doesn't come close to being in the top 50 of the greats....and therein lies the problem.
So many fans just equate a 10+ year push and 16 belts as a sign of greatness and it simply isnt.... Its the sign of an increasingly delusional and out of touch old man's obsession with his pinup boy.
He's had more titles than the rock, stone cold and bret combined ffs!!

This, Reigns is good and has the potential to be very, very good to be honest but he desperately needs a heel turn. He does not suit being a face at all, he's naturally cocky and smug and comes across like a bit of an arsehole. He could have a great run as a heel champion imo.
Im genuinely intrigued as to what potential you see because I see absolutely none of it. He has no charisma, no presence and his move set is basically punch, punch, punch, hair flip, punch, punch, spear, hair flip, punch.

Last edited:
Wow.... The audiences he's reached? His run on top has coincided with the biggest drop off in viewership and live attendances in the company's history man.
He doesn't come close to being in the top 50 of the greats....and therein lies the problem.
So many fans just equate a 10+ year push and 16 belts as a sign of greatness and it simply isnt.... Its the sign of an increasingly delusional and out of touch old man's obsession with his pinup boy.

Im genuinely intrigued as to what potential you see because I see absolutely none of it. He has no charisma, no presence and his move set is basically punch, punch, punch, hair flip, punch, punch, spear, hair flip, punch.

Yeah the audiences he's reached outside of WWE

This, Reigns is good and has the potential to be very, very good to be honest but he desperately needs a heel turn. He does not suit being a face at all, he's naturally cocky and smug and comes across like a bit of an arsehole. He could have a great run as a heel champion imo.
He's naturally unlikeable. The best are people you do actually like and want to be on side with but skilfully keep pushing you away through their sheer antipathy towards the audience, and their general cowardice.

No interest in Reigns as a heel. That ship sailed long ago.
I have no interest in him at all actually.

I don't buy into the "they need to hate him before they love him" argument either.

Which are?..... Because the audiences within the WWE are surely the most important right?

In the film industry. Just his name being there puts WWE in a better light and promotes WWE

No interest in Reigns as a heel. That ship sailed long ago.
I have no interest in him at all actually.

I don't buy into the "they need to hate him before they love him" argument either.

I agree. Don't really see him as a heel or a face ATM anyways. Just an organic product

He's great Cena. It disappoints me that he is involved in this mixed tag match. I would have much preferred that they built up a genuine feud with Miz and left these 2 partners out of it. Miz is a brilliant heel so a stronger story could have been built up with a more entertaining match than I anticipate.

Fewmin

It's ashame like. Personally not too bothered about that match or the reigns match but yknar. If I was in the audience I wouldn't shit on the rest of the show because of it.

If reigns wins and isn't main event the rest of the matches don't stand a chance. Especially the brock match. Just look at raw this week. Fans chanted CM punk when Sami Zayn came out just becuase they don't like Stephanie Ffs.

I was at Wrestlemania last year and the boos when Reigns won were deafening - litterally 3/4 of the crowd absolutely livid. Didn't really come over as loud when I came back and watched it on network. Crowd shit all over the big finale though.

I was at Wrestlemania last year and the boos when Reigns won were deafening - litterally 3/4 of the crowd absolutely livid. Didn't really come over as loud when I came back and watched it on network. Crowd shit all over the big finale though.

I don't understand the point like during the match. No reaction is better than shite chants and that. I.e CM punk and JBL chants ect

I don't understand the point like during the match. No reaction is better than shite chants and that. I.e CM punk and JBL chants ect

I do and I don't. If it wasn't for the crowd then Bryan wouldn't have got his Wrestlemania moment, or it's highly unlikely. However the hijacking of everything people don't like is a bit much. The random JBL chants and stuff are just a bit disrespectful.

Wrestlemania was looooong though. If memory serves, I was in my seat for just after 2pm and it didn't finish until after 10. Long time and people were getting restless at times. Same with RAW, 3 hours long and the constant pauses for commercials and whatnot, it's no wonder crowds hijack RAW and stuff.

Last edited:
John Cena starring in WWE produced movies like the epic failure The Marine does what exactly? Who does it show the WWE in a better light to...the fans??? cos they are abandoning ship in their MILLIONS
And y'know, Universal Pictures produced films like Trainwreck and Sisters which made over $200 million in the box office.
He's got a starring role in the next Paramount Pictures produced Daddy's Home film after his cameo in the first one that made $240 million in the box office.
He's hosted SNL recently which got a 4.8 rating, as well as hosting events such as the 2016 ESPYs which had over 5 million viewers.

And y'know, Universal Pictures produced films like Trainwreck and Sisters which made over $200 million in the box office.
He's got a starring role in the next Paramount Pictures produced Daddy's Home film after his cameo in the first one that made $240 million in the box office.
He's hosted SNL recently which got a 4.8 rating, as well as hosting events such as the 2016 ESPYs which had over 5 million viewers.
SNL consistently gets high ratings...fuck all to do with Cena. You imply a film that made a shitload of money was because Cena had a cameo???? Lets's see how the sequel does eh. ...i mean, have you actually seen The Marine? :lol::lol:
But anyway, he could win a f***ing oscar and the fact of the matter doesn't change. He has been the top guy during a period that has seen the core fan base all but disappear...and yet for some bizarre reason people still defend the guy. He has been a catastrophe for the WWE.
And to hear guys like AJ Styles talk about Cena being better them just shows how much pull he has and just how much the locker room are terrified of upsetting Vince. Cena better than AJ Styles....come on man

SNL consistently gets high ratings...fuck all to do with Cena. You imply a film that made a shitload of money was because Cena had a cameo???? Lets's see how the sequel does eh. ...i mean, have you actually seen The Marine? :lol::lol:
But anyway, he could win a f***ing oscar and the fact of the matter doesn't change. He has been the top guy during a period that has seen the core fan base all but disappear...and yet for some bizarre reason people still defend the guy. He has been a catastrophe for the WWE.
And to hear guys like AJ Styles talk about Cena being better them just shows how much pull he has and just how much the locker room are terrified of upsetting Vince. Cena better than AJ Styles....come on man

cant put the drop in ratings on John Cenas head. It's just a different era

I do and I don't. If it wasn't for the crowd then Bryan wouldn't have got his Wrestlemania moment, or it's highly unlikely. However the hijacking of everything people don't like is a bit much. The random JBL chants and stuff are just a bit disrespectful.

Wrestlemania was looooong though. If memory serves, I was in my seat for just after 2pm and it didn't finish until after 10. Long time and people were getting restless at times. Same with RAW, 3 hours long and the constant pauses for commercials and whatnot, it's no wonder crowds hijack RAW and stuff.
Yeah good point about the length of the show. It's shocking really. Obviously get that it's a spectacle but it's beyond ridiculous and over exposure imo.

Back