Wrestling - Part 3

You're all aware that Lesnar/Goldberg is only happening to gain interest from the casual fans, right?

There's a lot of other matches on the card to appease the fans who tune in weekly, so don't let that one match ruin your enjoyment of the show before it's even happened.

You're all aware that Lesnar/Goldberg is only happening to gain interest from the casual fans, right?

There's a lot of other matches on the card to appease the fans who tune in weekly, so don't let that one match ruin your enjoyment of the show before it's even happened.
think the casual fans will spit on it too mate. Even they will see how short and repetitive it will be from the first two. For thr record I would have Goldberg win the third match too.

Is your typical casual fan going to stay up til 4am for it though?

With 12 matches + pre-ppv show match + Inevitable half an hour Rock segment it's looking like it's gonna be close to 5 hours as it was last year.

think the casual fans will spit on it too mate. Even they will see how short and repetitive it will be from the first two. For thr record I would have Goldberg win the third match too.

Don't think they will.

It'll not be a classic but it'll hold the audience. WWE have done the right thing not giving it too much exposure to the live audience as at this time of year the smarky crowds like to boo and hijack the show. Just look at raw last week.

Goldberg vs Brock is a match all fans of a certain age want to see but it just goes to show how utterly inept Vince and Dunn are by once gain turning to nostalgia acts.

Kevin Owens run as champ was one of the worst booked runs I've ever seen... Handed the title without winning it and then failing to defend it once 'on his own'. Then squashed. This is a guy who should be being built up as the next legend in the making, he has so much talent that they've completey diluted and wasted now.
Look at strowman as well. Built and booked like a monster heel before being rolled over by Roman f***ing Reigns.... What was the point of that? He's a busted flush now when he should have been booked on a Goldberg style streak.

Think the fans will shit all over it if roman beats taker
The fact this is the guy Vince has chosen says it all. Horrible wrestler, terrible talker with zero charisma. He's booked as a top baby face and is almost universally hated...ya couldn't make it up!

Last edited:
Goldberg vs Brock is a match all fans of a certain age want to see but it just goes to show how utterly inept Vince and Dunn are by once gain turning to nostalgia acts.

Kevin Owens run as champ was one of the worst booked runs I've ever seen... Handed the title without winning it and then failing to defend it once 'on his own'. Then squashed. This is a guy who should be being built up as the next legend in the making, he has so much talent that they've completey diluted and wasted now.
Look at strowman as well. Built and booked like a monster heel before being rolled over by Roman f***ing Reigns.... What was the point of that? He's a busted flush now when he should have been booked on a Goldberg style streak.

The fact this is the guy Vince has chosen says it all. Horrible wrestler, terrible talker with zero charisma. He's booked as a top baby face and is almost universally hated...ya couldn't make it up!

Spot on at all counts. It's all happening on raw aswell :lol:

Moshpit says something which actually makes sense!

Logon or register to see this image

RAW needs to give over forcing babyfaces and nostalgia acts if it wants to be taken seriously again. There's a good variety of talent in the roster but it's been used horribly atm.

Spot on at all counts. It's all happening on raw aswell :lol:
I took a year out from watching WWE hoping it would get better, hoping they would make use of the unbelievable roster they were building on NXT, hoping somebody would oust Vince and Dunn...man was I gutted to tune in again around Rumble time and see Cena once again lifting the belt. To see Reigns still coming out to the Shield's music and mumbling through another monotone promo. To see Stephanie still screeching about fuck all. To see El Generico still being criminally wasted. To see Michael "download the WWE app" Cole still on commentary. To see New Day still being held up as the kings of comedy. To see Nakumura and Kenta still in developmental FFS!!

As for Cena...it's pointless me repeating my thoughts on this fraud so i'll just say that for me it is no coincidence whatsoever that the decline in ratings, quality of match ups, mass appeal and credibility within the 25+ demographic has coincided with this fella's 10+ year run on top. I just don't get how anybody other than an 8 year old kid can not see just how much damage he has done to the 'product' (hate that word!). I mean what good did it do him beating Styles? It did nothing. It achieved nothing except dilute Styles and dilute the value of that belt once again.

On a positive note, over the moon to see Bray finally get the belt (hope the rumours of him and his big bro Bo Dallas teaming up are true) and brilliant to see Austin Aries on TV again. Man there are so many unbelievable matches and angles they could go with.....we just need Vince, Dunn, Cole, Byron f***ing Saxton, Cena, New Day and Reigns to fall off a cliff sharpish.

Casual fans care about match quality above larger than life characters now?
no, but smart fans will be wondering why no one cares about Brock Lesnar afterwards.

He is getting a positive reaction because people have already turned on Goldberg and are bored of him, so it is almost a "anybody but Goldberg"

You can't bury someone in under a minute and a half and expect people to forget it. Even the face commentators mustn't be allowed to mention it. For example Heyman was trying to build the match up (the week of the f5 from a cheap shot, when he is supposed to be a pissed off beast by the way). Goldberg looked stupid for reacting to the bitch line when any sane person would just grab a mic and say "Aye mate but the fact of the matter is i've embarrassed him 3 times in a row and have nothing left to prove", they are not using it as a stick to beat Lesnar with in promo's, It was a stupid mistake (s) that completely castrated the best monster of all time.

Goldberg will be here-nor there mate he will be gone afterwards.

Last edited:
no, but smart fans will be wondering why no one cares about Brock Lesnar afterwards.

He is getting a positive reaction because people have already turned on Goldberg and are bored of him, so it is almost a "anybody but Goldberg"

You can't bury someone in under a minute and a half and expect people to forget it. Even the face commentators mustn't be allowed to mention it. For example Heyman was trying to build the match up (the week of the f5 from a cheap shot, when he is supposed to be a pissed off beast by the way). Goldberg looked stupid for reacting to the bitch line when any sane person would just grab a mic and say "Aye mate but the fact of the matter is i've embarrassed him 3 times in a row and have nothing left to prove", they are not using it as a stick to beat Lesnar with in promo's, It was a stupid mistake (s) that completely castrated the best monster of all time.

Who says nobody cares about Lesnar vs goldberg

I don't think people have turned on Goldberg, he gets a few boos off smarky crowds but in general he is still massively over.

Who says nobody cares about Lesnar vs goldberg
anyone who is not a casual fan surely? i hear podcasts and read comments about how they don't care, KO dropping the belt to Goldberg turned a lot of people against him at the time. I don't think it is Bill's fault he was always limited in the ring and when Survivor Series happened people were expecting a big return for Lesnar,

I don't think people have turned on Goldberg, he gets a few boos off smarky crowds but in general he is still massively over.

Don't get me wrong mate, I am not suggesting everyone is against him but after getting such a big shot in the arm last November you would think he would be more over than he should be. Just glad it is not going on last now :lol:

Back