Would you take fitness tips from the lass in this article?

You can know about it without putting it in to practice though.

For all we know she could be an accomplished shot putter.
I don't disagree with you here. However, for me it's about practising what you preach. It's all well and good knowing the ropes but if you can't apply them to yourself then why should others have any trust in you? If I went to a fitness instructor and they were overweight and chuffing a tab, I'd be much less inclined to use them. The dictionary definition of fitness is as follows: the condition of being physically fit and healthy. She doesn't fit that description. I'm no athlete but I know for a fact I could outlast her in a run, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree with you here. However, for me it's about practising what you preach. It's all well and good knowing the ropes but if you can't apply them to yourself then why should others have any trust in you? If I went to a fitness instructor and they were overweight and chuffing a tab, I'd be much less inclined to use them. The dictionary definition of fitness is as follows: the condition of being physically fit and healthy. She doesn't fit that description. I'm no athlete but I know for a fact I could outlast her in a run, for example.

I agree with you on that I personally wouldn’t trust them and would be looking for someone who looks like they know what they’re talking about.
However, my point is there’s a science behind weight loss and nutrition that she can feasibly make a career out of... not that I think many people will be convinced due to the lack of credibility.

On the other side of the scale (lol), there’s ripped/buff instructors out there who aren’t very good fitness instructors, despite what they’ve achieved on a personal level.

I agree with you on that I personally wouldn’t trust them and would be looking for someone who looks like they know what they’re talking about.
However, my point is there’s a science behind weight loss and nutrition that she can feasibly make a career out of... not that I think many people will be convinced due to the lack of credibility.

On the other side of the scale (lol), there’s ripped/buff instructors out there who aren’t very good fitness instructors, despite what they’ve achieved on a personal level.
Agree about the second bit, too. See it almost daily at the gym I use. A lot of them look disinterested.

One thing that is 100% guaranteed is that being her size is unhealthy. Your frame doesn't grow with your body weight so being as big as her is putting strain on her organs and her bones. She's much more likely to injure herself by undertaking fitness training than someone of a safer weight.

Logon or register to see this image
There are sumo wrestlers that size though who are all muscle and really physically fit

I've never once seen a sumo wrestler who was all muscle and I watched it regularly on the TV when I was living over there.
Muscle is something like 20 times heavier than fat, so they have to be all muscle in order to have the max chance of shifting the other bloke.

yes they have tits

but that’s because of the muscle

Muscle is something like 20 times heavier than fat, so they have to be all muscle in order to have the max chance of shifting the other bloke.

yes they have tits

but that’s because of the muscle
They're strong, no doubt. But they are fat. They eat about 7000 cals a day. They train hard which keeps the fat off their organs despite their large bodies. However, when they stop training after retiring, many sumo develop health problems. Many of them die a lot younger than regular Japanese.

They're strong, no doubt. But they are fat. They eat about 7000 cals a day. They train hard which keeps the fat off their organs despite their large bodies. However, when they stop training after retiring, many sumo develop health problems. Many of them die a lot younger than regular Japanese.
A professional Swimmers calorie intake is higher than that

Yeah, but swimming like they do burns calories at an alarming rate.

A sumo wrestler would bray a swimmer all over though.

In The natural world a person with a sumo build would live longer than a skinny waif

a sumo could probably kill a cow by sitting on it, and someone like Michael Phelps would probably get battered all over

What is fitness though? Looking slim and lean, or being able to physically exert yourself? Or is fitness about how healthy your body is?

My next door neighbour is a canny age now, sits and drinks cans and smokes like a chimney and will likely outlive a lot of people on here who carefully watch what they eat and believe to be ‘fit and healthy’. The amount of fit footballers you see keel over and die, who likely look after themselves.

People imo wrongly associate fitness with how people look, I think that’s totally wrong. A perceived good diet will likely keep you looking slender, not so sure you would be fit though.
What a scandalous misuse of the word "likely".

It's amazing there are still people who think like this.
A sumo wrestler would bray a swimmer all over though.

In The natural world a person with a sumo build would live longer than a skinny waif

a sumo could probably kill a cow by sitting on it, and someone like Michael Phelps would probably get battered all over
By a Scottish sumo prior to deep frying?

Last edited:
One thing that is 100% guaranteed is that being her size is unhealthy. Your frame doesn't grow with your body weight so being as big as her is putting strain on her organs and her bones. She's much more likely to injure herself by undertaking fitness training than someone of a safer weight.
Most of the pro strongmen are fit and fat though. Mass moves mass which is why a lot of them aren’t bothered about it and a lot of them have “power bellies”. Eddie Hall has talked a lot about the long term strain on their bodies from being that size but they aren’t bothered whilst it’s good for their careers. He’s also taken multiple tests that have shown that his cardiovascular system etc put him in the very fit categories on the medical charts.

Of course there’s the “new breed” like Thor, Liscis and the Stoltmans that look more like out of season bodybuilders than the traditional strongman but even they look like they are carrying a bit of fat with it.

Most of the pro strongmen are fit and fat though. Mass moves mass which is why a lot of them aren’t bothered about it and a lot of them have “power bellies”. Eddie Hall has talked a lot about the long term strain on their bodies from being that size but they aren’t bothered whilst it’s good for their careers. He’s also taken multiple tests that have shown that his cardiovascular system etc put him in the very fit categories on the medical charts.

Of course there’s the “new breed” like Thor, Liscis and the Stoltmans that look more like out of season bodybuilders than the traditional strongman but even they look like they are carrying a bit of fat with it.
You don't read about the dead ones.

She might do training with seriously overweight people who don't feel intimidated going to her classes
Exactly. it wouldn't be for me , but if she has a market of people who feel more comfortable training with her then that's a net positive. Of course if she is talking shite, or lacks conviction in what she says then that wouldn't be very good.

Back