Would you take another 2 years in league one

Would you take another 2 years in league one if we blooded a youth team and started from scratch next season ? Get rid of some of the older high earners and develop the youth. Be patient and bring a whole team through the ranks together. I thought that might of happened last season after the wolves game the season before.
No, because we are just accepting third tier mediocrity. Two more seasons will end up turning into two more and before you know it we will be just another Preston North End.

Would I take another 2 years in league 1? The way it's going we don't have a choice and the worst thing is it might be more than 2. Thinking way ahead down the line even if we got to the Prem I don't see us throwing the sorts of money around required to compete. A player years ago worth around £6M is probably worth around £40m today, no chance in us spending big numbers again. Always knew after Short went it was going to take many years to get out of the hole though, some though we bounce straight back up at first go, not that easy I'm afraid.

100% no. We need to get out of this division.

Then we can blood a few academy players in, at a higher level, whilst sending a few more out of loan to gain experience.

Would you take another 2 years in league one if we blooded a youth team and started from scratch next season ? Get rid of some of the older high earners and develop the youth. Be patient and bring a whole team through the ranks together. I thought that might of happened last season after the wolves game the season before.
no no no

Finding it hard to stick another 2 games tbf Stewie.

we support them whatever league they are in, it makes no odds whatsoever, and personally I have quite enjoyed not seeing them stuck in the bottom 3 of the league like the last 7 or so seasons, and those of you complaining about being in league 1 go and support Man City or Liverpool then you wont have a problem with being embarrassed or whatever it is you find distasteful about "supporting" your club

Last edited:
Honestly, I can see it taking a good 2-3 seasons to get the wage bill down and to start recruiting a more balanced squad whilst doing it on a more modest budget.

I think we are about to become part of of the furniture in league one under the present owners. Sadly that's something I never thought I would say about Sunderland.

Back