Would you take another 2 years in league one

I don’t give a shiny shit which league we are in, as long as I have me club back.
What does that mean ? The history of the club and the size of the fan base demands we try and be the best we can be . No idea what having the club back means if we don’t care what league we are in

I've followed your forum for a few years and have seen Swindon On Tour post quite often so I'm surprised to see this emotional post from him*?. However, essentially, we are the biggest club in the South West. Swindon & Rovers are both bitter so have formed some mutual distan for us and blow smoke up each others asses to make themselves feel better. There is definitely NO rivalry between us & Swindon.

We certainly don't hate being called Bristol City 82, it's the lowest our club has ever been, our players (the Ashton Gate 8 tore their contracts up to keep the club alive & the community donated everything possible to help. It's seen as a heroic time for our club & it's fan base, not something to be ashamed of, the complete opposite if anything. I have no idea what Bristol 2009 means though. He (Lansdown, our owner) joined our board in 1996 & became chairmen/owner in 2002. He's also heavily invested in the local community, winning community club of the South West every year, and has created more jobs than any other company in the city.

"Sport can provide identity. But I’m perhaps more proud of the work of our community trusts and foundations than what happens on the pitch."

We've made over 55m in transfers in the past 3 years so the debt thing is a myth, we're building sustainably, but whatever Swindon On Tour is entitled to his opinion even if it's based on misinformation.

"Our recruitment has been good after we lost a number of players last summer and people thought that would end any chances we had - but that happens in football. Players want to move on and we traded well, we got good prices for them, we reinvested back into the squad and it has done well this year.

“What we’re trying to do is create that sustainable build, keep progressing and build on what we have done before.”

I am envious Mate.
We are miles away from you now. Some cracking games against you over the years.

Would you take another 2 years in league one if we blooded a youth team and started from scratch next season ? Get rid of some of the older high earners and develop the youth. Be patient and bring a whole team through the ranks together. I thought that might of happened last season after the wolves game the season before.
Two years more like a decade.

I don’t give a shiny shit which league we are in, as long as I have me club back.

What does this actually mean though? Is failure in league one ‘having the club back’ because the players seem nice lads?

No. I enjoyed last season, but I'm dreading going through it once again - let alone twice.

Last edited:
Listen, I am nearly on his back but have patience and a little faith..at least 10/15 games into the season. Until then get behind the lads ffs...you really think changing the manager is going to guarantee more points..?

Changing managers got us into this mess in the first place.

It didn't. Watford prove that to be a myth. Choosing the wrong managers is what got us into this mess.

Would you take another 2 years in league one if we blooded a youth team and started from scratch next season ? Get rid of some of the older high earners and develop the youth. Be patient and bring a whole team through the ranks together. I thought that might of happened last season after the wolves game the season before.
No! So please don't come off your medication it makes you ask some stupid bs, honestly can't decide if your a deluded mag on a micky take or just off your rocker!

Idiot

I agree we need a younger, faster, ambitious team than we have now but "blooding the youngsters" wouldn't get you that.

We don't really have that big a catchment area now the Mags and Boro are above us. We'd have to buy players in from elsewhere. Players like Maja looking to be off first chance they get.

Younger players tend to make more mistakes, struggle with form and are more likely to struggle when things get tough. You can't put out an XI of youth players because sooner or later they'd be crushed.

It could be said Jack Ross started so well because he used plenty of youth players, they weren't up to a full season and he resorted to the horrendous tactics he's become known for.

No. Would you?

Some fans seem to like the fact we are now on a smaller scale, they feel more involved and that somehow they play more of a part in the club itself. Not me btw.....I want us to be a huge club.

Did you go yesterday mate?

You want another 2 years of that!?

The obvious answer is no. But at the same time, there is no point in getting promoted. You would get smacked senseless in the Championship.

Back