Would you take a defeat down Bolton ?

If replacing your manager meant you got better results Coventry City would have won the world cup by now.

But we have only finished in the top six once in nearly fifty years. That was when we got promotion a couple of seasons ago. And that was sixth place and only by goal difference. Try having a run like that.

Change your manager half way through a season? Only if you need serious points to stay up. Fourth place with a game in hand isn't that bad. It is just that the expectations are too high.

You are on a roller coaster. Enjoy the ride.

i said something similar a month or so ago and got shot down. rightly so but there is some twisted logic to the madness

losing one game and getting rid of Ross would be in the long term more beneficial to us than lets say keeping him for another 10 games, winning 4 of them, losing 2 and drawing the others 1-1 etc..

in my opinion of course. it won't be as simple as losing one game and getting rid of him though
And who on earth do you think would come and manage us?

Any of the hundreds of ex football managers presently out of work.

The problem is why are they all out of work? It isn't normally because they were too successful....
I can't see anyone better than the one we have who would be willing and available..

If it meant we finally had rid of Jack Ross. A defeat on Saturday for me would leave his position untenable. I hate to see us lose games but it doesn’t matter how many billionaires we have , we won’t get out of league one with this manager. Should have been sacked months ago.
Yes.

If the takeover falls through, its cos we have "fans" like @As You Were
Yeah mate you’re right. Fans like me who have had season tickets for 29 year and buy strips every year and never boo the team and get behind the team every week. I’ll think you’ll find it’s fans like me who make the club so appealing to new investors. Anyway, he’ll be sacked now and we’ll probably get promoted so it won’t all be bad

Back