Would you take a defeat down Bolton ?

Name me a top manager that would drop down to the third division to manage you. If a manager got it right at Sunderland it could be a brilliant job, with the fanbase you have. Imo though it’s not particularly a big job and expectation levels in general are not like some other clubs . I can only compare it to ourselves, but I think there is far more expectation at Villa even when we are not doing so well.
It is a big job. Expectation levels are massive and rightly so.

Sacking managers is media-lead and lapped up by post premier league, fantasy football, console football heroes. Back in the dim & distant there was very little manager talk because any speculation was about players. The windows stopped that. Media have fuck all to sell copy. Windows for managers, no sacking once the season starts, longer depending on length of contract. Don't really care who manager is but stop sacking them. New man just as bad, more money spent, previous man's team out of favour. Etc. Short version - keep Ross no matter what.

Fans opinion doesn't really matter. Not really. IMHO obvs. (ironically).
Would be amazed is jack ross is still here at xmas and you only have to look at how many people want him sacked on here to realise it’s nothing to do with the media in my opinion
Too late:eek:
The season has just started FFS .

f***ing hell, the subs bench is out in force today . What username do you usually go by ?
This post is worse than your opening one and that was a new low .
Mate i’ve been coming on here for 20 year. There’s lots of people visiting this message board who aren’t arsed about posting things so aren’t registered . i’ve been going to Sunderland games every week (well, every home game and few away ones ) since 1989. Not at any point on my original post by the way did I say I wanted us to get beat off Bolton by the way!! It’s a message board , where people are allowed to ask what other people’s opinions are.

Last edited:
It is a big job. Expectation levels are massive and rightly so.
Of course they are, you are in the third division . Genuine top managers won’t be looking at this as a big job. It maybe big for your Simon Graysons of the world , but that’s it. By sacking Ross who do you expect to bring in?

The only possible scenario I can think of where I might contemplate wanting to lose would be to stop the skunks winning the league and even that would be difficult. We need to do to Bolton what other teams have and boost our goal difference. I really want Ross to do well for us but accept others just hate him now and that we need some convincing performances, not just wins, or his days are numbered. Not exactly sure which managerial genius is looking for a 3rd Division job like

Last edited:
It's the likes of you who get on my f***ing tits. Wanting defeat .

Loads of gravy swilling impersonators on here.

Threads galore from moaning fannies.

If the club release him then so be it but hounded out is mag like....so be proud of that and please don't scoff them for their antics.

Shames me this board. Its a joke.

Don’t be shamed. The views of the op are in the huge minority. The vast majority of Ross outers seem to like the bloke and “hope” he turns it around. However they’ve seen enough throughout 2019 to come to the conclusion he’s not the right man long term.

I’m actually encouraged by the debate from both sides to be fair.

Name me a top manager that would drop down to the third division to manage you. If a manager got it right at Sunderland it could be a brilliant job, with the fanbase you have. Imo though it’s not particularly a big job and expectation levels in general are not like some other clubs . I can only compare it to ourselves, but I think there is far more expectation at Villa even when we are not doing so well.
Thought you meant in general, apologies.

Don't wish for new one anyway yet.

Big business people are ruthless. If they want a new man, they’ll get one. It’s in JR’s best interests to keep winning to prevent him being a dead man walking. He may already know what’s in store.

A defeat at Bolton would be a Big Nail. I don’t even expect them to score, but we all know they will 😏

Last edited:
The only possible scenario I can think of where I might contemplate wanting to lose would be to stop the skunks winning the league and even that would be difficult. We need to do to Bolton what other teams have and boost our goal difference. I really want Ross to do well for us but accept others just hate him now and that we need some convincing performances, not just wins, or his days are numbered. Not exactly sure which managerial genius is looking for a 3rd Division job like
Look, thinking rationally. Ross is a Scottish Second Division manager. He has the team playing in a higher league than he is accustomed to with fear. Fear runs through his tactics, caution is the watchword, yet we still can’t keep a clean sheey and goals are hardly raining in. Above all, Ross has our players unfit to last 90 minutes, they are at Scottish Second Division fitness levels and he knows no better. I see only one outcome, the sooner the better. Going by past experience if ever a club was set to spring a surprise it’s Bolton.

If it meant we finally had rid of Jack Ross. A defeat on Saturday for me would leave his position untenable. I hate to see us lose games but it doesn’t matter how many billionaires we have , we won’t get out of league one with this manager. Should have been sacked months ago.
No I'm going down to see Bolton's customary 6-0 defeat.

If it meant we finally had rid of Jack Ross. A defeat on Saturday for me would leave his position untenable. I hate to see us lose games but it doesn’t matter how many billionaires we have , we won’t get out of league one with this manager. Should have been sacked months ago.
Are you ‘right’ in the head son? You clown shoe.

Surely all genuine Sunderland fans want Ross to turn things around and win every game. It’s this sort of backwards mentality amongst our fans that baffles me.
Of course they do but it isn't going to happen. Hes a poor manager and will remain that way. I expect us to beat Bolton but expect it to pan out in a very similar way to game plan by him on a par with Accrington.

No. I will win this match and the league....

Of course they are, you are in the third division . Genuine top managers won’t be looking at this as a big job. It maybe big for your Simon Graysons of the world , but that’s it. By sacking Ross who do you expect to bring in?

Rafa is coming if we get to Championship as he has been told he can have the funds he wants -

Back